The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Think Robson's finished tbh, don't see the point.

I also thought he was finished previously but I think he has been man of the match in the last few games he has started. I thought he was excellent in the first half against Celtic although had to be subbed because he could have got sent off.

Edited by Milners

Happy with Robson staying on presuming it is on a lower wage. Still got something to offer and wouldnt want to lose Anderson and Robson the same summer.

One year we got rid of McLeish, Connor, Bett and Paatelinean the same summer - did our best to get relegated the following season

I usually have little sympathy with footballers and the "we're tired and have played too many games" guff trotted out.

But there hardly seems to be any break at all for the Dons between the end of this season and the already published preseason stuff for 2015-16.

I know DMc has said some guys have started their break early, but I hope he plays as many back ups as we have over the last couple of games.

Sad to see Joe Shaughnessy, Craig Murray & Keiran Gibbons go. Shows how the team has progressed though that these young lads won't be able to get a regular game in it. Good luck to those three.

Masson & McManus aren't good enough, Robertson's injuries stunted his progress and he doesn't cut it and Driver, sadly, has been a total enigma.

I wrote Robson off after his split from his wife led to his off field binge over Christmas and the beginning of this year, making him look finished. But recently, his performances have been back up to the standard required, even if the legs fade about 60 minutes into games. Worth one more year, especially with the leadership of Anderson being lost.

Rogers signing a new deal is interesting. With 3 keepers on deals, can McInnes now justify another keeper in his budget? Because he bloody well needs a better keeper!!!

Shaughnessy>>>Robertson

I'm pretty sure my girlfriend's labrador is better than Roberton tbh.

What's your views on Shaughnessy? Good player? I see he can play either right back or centre back - what would you say is his best position?

I'm pretty sure my girlfriend's labrador is better than Roberton tbh.

What's your views on Shaughnessy? Good player? I see he can play either right back or centre back - what would you say is his best position?

He was okay sometimes, but he's weak and never puts a tackle in.

Shaughnessy is steady enough, would probably do alright job for a lower Premiership side but don't think he'd start for you lot. Not quite mobile enough to be a good full back and not quite strong to be a good centre back.

Robertson isn't quite as bad as everyone makes out but he's not good enough for us and if he gets a move to the Eredivisie or English Championship then he has the best agent in the land. He seems like a bit of an arsehole as well.

Shaughnessy is steady enough, would probably do alright job for a lower Premiership side but don't think he'd start for you lot. Not quite mobile enough to be a good full back and not quite strong to be a good centre back.

Robertson isn't quite as bad as everyone makes out but he's not good enough for us and if he gets a move to the Eredivisie or English Championship then he has the best agent in the land. He seems like a bit of an arsehole as well.

He sounds like a right sided version of Tam Scobbie in some ways.

He'd have to get in ahead of Dave Mackay at right back and Steven Anderson/Tam Scobbie/Brad McKay in the centre (with Frazer Wright and Gary Miller as further competition too). I can't see the benefit to be honest. We've got a very good defence as it is and I don't think we need any more depth.

I thought Robertson was alright actually, couldn't pass the ball 5 yards though.

Bit of a fairy as well.

He was okay sometimes, but he's weak and never puts a tackle in.

Never puts a tackle in? Bollocks! The boy always put tackles in which was his problem, he's rash as f**k as was displayed by his sending off in the league cup at Motherwell last season.

He is weak though I agree there, streak of piss.

Never puts a tackle in? Bollocks! The boy always put tackles in which was his problem, he's rash as f**k as was displayed by his sending off in the league cup at Motherwell last season.

He is weak though I agree there, streak of piss.

My main memory of Shaughnessy is backing off whenever a player ran at him.

Edited by AberDon

About half way through the season I thought Robson was done. Past few months he has done enough to convince me otherwise, shrewd move keeping him on another season imo. It's not like his game has ever been based on pace and, as I understand it, he's still one of the top performers in the squad at fitness tests. Given that combined with Anderson retiring and moving to the business side of the club robson's experience is even more valuable to the squad. You could argue it would be negligent to not offer him another year come to think of it.