The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Thing is, if we both end up having really good seasons again McInnes may end up at someone like Derby and then we'll probably nab Yogi off them.

Edited by Guest

I don't blame him / her for seething. It's incredibly frustrating that we keep losing our best players especially to the same club. The Aberdeen scouts may as well buy an ICT season ticket! Sadly until the crowds start going up we are going to keep losing our good players for peanuts. We can't expect to hold onto players like Mckay and Shinnie on attendances of around 3,500. Certainly not given the form they were in for us.

Oh the seethe was tremendous. He wasn't having any of the Shinnie signing either, actually had to show him the AFC website page with it when he signed the pre-contract. I actually made up a rumour about Ryan Christie a few months back just to wind him up but at this rate it may end up being true.

In all fairness, it must be incredibly frustrating and I reckon another fairly successful season for us will lead to our team being broken up next summer.

Thing is, if we both end up having really good seasons again McInnes may end up at someone like Derby and then we'll probably nab Yogi off them.

Succession planning.

Would be delighted with Watkins, plenty of pace and directness in our team with a technically capable midfield to back it up.

Really positive direction the club is moving in, now for the ICT players to bring the Scottish Cup winning mentality.....

I'd be wary of Caley as a hunting ground for managers. Craig Brewster did alright there and Terry Butcher failed pretty much everywhere else in his career but built his reputation to 'one of the best in Scotland' before taking Hibs down kicking and screaming.

Clark Robertson is terrible.

Apparently club putting final touches to announcement of new £7m training ground. News leaked in the local paper today.

It will be at Balgownie as previously rumoured and involve Aberdeen University in some way as previously rumoured

Robertson linked with QOS.

I've never seen him have a good game for Aberdeen as a left back. Every manager we have had has put him in the team to start with so must have something about him. Played for Scotland U21's as well although I remember Stark played him in the Centre Half against England and we got thumped 6-0.

Edited by Milners

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/aberdeen-fc/pitching-into-the-main-job-in-hand/

THE Dons today confirmed work has finally begun on building their new £7 million training ground at Balgownie.

It will be done in stages over the next year, but Dons manager Derek McInnes and his players are expected to be working out of it by the early part of next year.

The Dons have been reluctant to finally confirm where the new training ground would be based until final contracts have been penned with partners Aberdeen University, who own the site.

But when asked where the new facility is being built, Dons vice-chairman George Yule replied: “It will be at Balgownie.

“We are close to securing all the necessary agreements and some minor work has already been carried out at the site.

“We are hoping to see that stepped up during July. The intention is for the work on the three professional standard pitches to be completed by October.

“It’s unfortunate it won’t be ready for the start of the new season, but we have alternative arrangements in place for the first team to use.

“But it’s a positive that we will finally be working out of our own facility by the turn of the year.”

The cost of building the complex will be around £7 million.

It will contain six football pitches and a new rugby pitch, which will be used by teams from Aberdeen University.

Two of the football pitches will also be artificial, which would help manager Derek McInnes prepare his team for games at the likes of Hamilton and Kilmarnock, who have similar surfaces installed in their stadiums.

The existing pavillion at Balgownie will also be demolished and replaced by a state-of-the-art facility.

I demand to know what's going on at this club! Why are we being run properly, making good use of our budget and progressing? We need to get back to bottom 6 finishes and making annual arses of ourselves. Disgraceful I tell you!

Bring back Roy Aitken and David Winnie I say. Those were the days.

Great news re training ground though.

Bring back Roy Aitken and David Winnie I say. Those were the days.

Great news re training ground though.

Alex Miller is the man for us - sell Billy Dodds for Robbie Winters and give some money to Dundee Utd!