The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

About half way through the season I thought Robson was done. Past few months he has done enough to convince me otherwise, shrewd move keeping him on another season imo. It's not like his game has ever been based on pace and, as I understand it, he's still one of the top performers in the squad at fitness tests. Given that combined with Anderson retiring and moving to the business side of the club robson's experience is even more valuable to the squad. You could argue it would be negligent to not offer him another year come to think of it.

I think Joe will do fine at St Johnstone (or wherever he ends up). Fairly solid in the air and though he does need to bulk up a bit I'd expect him to get a game. Don't think its worth playing him at RB, better just to put him at CB and leave him there.

Robertson is utter p!sh. Hibs would do very well to stay clear.

I'm happy to have Robson for another year to keep some experience in the side and have cover at CM. We don't know whats going to happen with Jack yet so keeping Robson another year is probably sensible planning.

Keen to see Rodgers get a shot in goal in the friendlies.

Bear in mind we have the third best defence in the league at the moment. Anderson has nailed on the right centre back position and we've got Scobbie, McKay and potentially Frazer Wright already there. Not to say he wouldn't displace someone in our back 4, but he certainly wouldn't just be walking into our team.

Ryan Jack has penned a year's extension until 2017 :)

You dancer! Totally unexpected but very pleasing. Now, let's get someone more capable of starting attacks than Willo to sit beside him in midfield and things could look very good for next season.

Brilliant news, that was a real worry losing Jacko.

Great to see he's extended his deal. Doubt we'll see another midfielder come in now. Jack, Flood, McLean, Robson, Smith, Pawlett, Hayes and now Shinnie are all capable of playing there and I can't see any of them leaving any time soon.

I'm not too sure you've got the right Shinnie in that write up there Lubo.

I do realise we have signed Graeme Shinnie, who usually plays full back, and not his brother, Andrew Shinnie, who is a midfielder. Graeme has played in midfield for Inverness before and there has been a lot of speculation that he may play there for the Dons due to the good form of Andy Considine at left back this season and the rumours regarding Ryan Jack leaving the club.

http://www.afc.co.uk/news/6145.php#.VV36E_lViko

Jim Leighton has left his position as Goalkeeping Coach with the Club.

Jim has served the Club as both a player and goalkeeping coach over three different periods covering 27 years.

Derek McInnes commented "I would like to thank Jim for his contribution as a member of my team since I arrived at the Club".

Everyone connected with Aberdeen Football Club wishes Jim all the very best for the future.

Seems a bit of meh statement for someone with Leighton's history and connections to the club.

Jim Leighton has left the Club.

From what I've heard, it will be no great loss.

End of an era all the same, legend as a Player.

I'd always presumed that he'd have been a really good goalie coach, not the case?