The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Aberdeen fans might not rate him due to the OG he scored in Dingwall (when the Dons fans were singing "there's only one Rocco Quinn!"). He went through an unfortunate run in the winter where every deflection and mishit that came off him would go in.

He was in the team that got horsed 0-4 at Pitoddrie, but he wasn't at fault for any of those goals. The defence fell apart around him.

He's a pretty good defender. He'd be a first choice for any of the bottom six. He'll be a good enough back-up and probably the ideal replacement for Anderson in the circumstances.

Edited by bunglebonce

Aberdeen fans might not rate him due to the OG he scored in Dingwall (when the Dons fans were singing "there's only one Rocco Quinn!"). He went through an unfortunate run in the winter where every deflection and mishit that came off him would go in.

He was in the team that got horsed 0-4 at Pitoddrie, but he wasn't at fault for any of those goals. The defence fell apart around him.

He's a pretty good defender. He'd be a first choice for any of the bottom six. He'll be a good enough back-up and probably the ideal replacement for Anderson in the circumstances.

He's got the perfect pedigree if he's already scored for us then!

Deals offered to Paul Quinn and Marley Watkins.

Shinnie signing after McInnes comes back from holiday.

Also in the market for a striker and possibly a keeper

Definitely hearing similar to you, seemingly the Marley Watkins deal isn't far off tied up, which would be an excellent signing. Offers another option in the attacking midfield area and can play both wide and in the central area behind the striker. There's an impressive depth to our midfield if Watkins does sign and it will be interesting to see what Del views as his strongest midfield to start the season!

Paul Quinn is one McInnes seems to have been after since January and must see plenty about the guy. I must admit, I haven't seen much of him for Ross County outside the two games he appeared against us, the Celtic game where he was unlucky to cop a huge deflection for Commons goal and the St Mirren game where they hosed the Buddies 3-0. My memory of him at Motherwell is of a reasonably solid right back, meaning he could provide some depth with the departures of Anderson, Shaughnessy, Murray and Daniels.

Any truth in the talk of Shay Logan being off back down to England? I know his family is down there and he's had special dispensation from the club to leave after games and return to Aberdeen on Wednesdays this past season.

Raven lol?? Solid player but not what we are looking for.

I wonder if there is the budget and inclination to sign a real player for next season, Stevie May for example. The players linked so far are solid but unspectacular signings.

I don't think we're going to get a stellar signing, but I can see this window being one of the best. We seem to be adding depth, where we've lacked in the past 2 seasons and it's really done us harm. Not having anyone to change the shape of the team and the game, and not having back up in the event of a bad injury has done us out of valuable points and cup games. Hopefully we manage a "season ticket seller" but it's no longer imperative.

Raven lol?? Solid player but not what we are looking for.

I wonder if there is the budget and inclination to sign a real player for next season, Stevie May for example. The players linked so far are solid but unspectacular signings.

Is Shinnie not a "real player".

Shinnie is a quality signing. We've needed a decent left back for ages although Considine has done well there. If we can get Watkins as well then we have an excellent depth for attacking midfielders(hayes, pawlett, mcginn, smith, mclean, watkins). A goalkeeper and a ball winning, leader type in the centre of the park are needed as brown/langfield just aren't up to it and Robson will only have the legs to play a small part of the season.

Cerny from Hibs would be a good addition.

ETA keeping Logan is a must. we would arguably have the best full backs in scotland.

Edited by GTG_03

See the singing section which was originally planned for South Stand section X will now be housed in the Richard Donald Upper. Seems a strange move to me moving it away from the pitch and to a section of the ground that the club closed a few years back.

Why's he gone, what did I miss?

He was banned for typing a dodgy word, but later cleared of any misdemeanour. He was meant to be unbanned but seems not to have been.

Maybe I've missed something too?!