The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, tarapoa said:

I’m sure NYCFC have acquired him for his new found ability to “track back” and not for the fact that if he does have a good game, then they can justifiably play “That’s Entertainment” as people exit the stadium at the end.

At the end of the day he was Hayes  replacement .  and over the two seasons he came nowhere near  to be as effective team payer  as hayes was up and down the park..  Hayes had the odd poor  game but he always give us everthying ,   sadly GMS  did not  .  Hayes was a top player for us . gms   never done enough h to merit that .     Wish him  well   he seems a likable lad and  i am sure he is blasting out his london boys cd in central park enjoying the sun. 

13 hours ago, d31 said:

thats the numbers for sure other than maybe someone (Ferguson?) stealing #8 when Gleeson's departure is confirmed.

Save #3 for Lowe or Shinnie

That'll be Shinnie on his way back up the road within the next 14 months now that Lampard/Morris are away to Chelsea

1 hour ago, logie skid boys said:

At the end of the day he was Hayes  replacement .  and over the two seasons he came nowhere near  to be as effective team payer  as hayes was up and down the park..  Hayes had the odd poor  game but he always give us everthying ,   sadly GMS  did not  .  Hayes was a top player for us . gms   never done enough h to merit that .     Wish him  well   he seems a likable lad and  i am sure he is blasting out his london boys cd in central park enjoying the sun. 

I think both Hayes and GMS took time to settle at the club - I think Hayes took over a year to settle in and then he was amazing. I don't think GMS reached Hayes level but last season I felt he was our best player up until his head knock. 

Guest Bob Mahelp

Hayes came to Aberdeen having been a regular starter (and pretty much star player) up in Inversneckie.

GMS came to us after being a bench-warmer at Celtic Park for almost 2 years. He's very much a confidence player and needs people to believe in him.....McInnes put his trust in GMS and it was paid back with some excellent performances. The player that was with us until his injury in the cup final was a mile away from the GMS that signed for us.

Like all wingers he was a bit inconsistent, but I'm baffled how anyone can call him a shitebag. He's anything but.

As an aside, look at how Celtic have ruined Hayes. If he came back to Pittodrie we'd need 2 seasons to put him right again. 

Hayes came to Aberdeen having been a regular starter (and pretty much star player) up in Inversneckie.
GMS came to us after being a bench-warmer at Celtic Park for almost 2 years. He's very much a confidence player and needs people to believe in him.....McInnes put his trust in GMS and it was paid back with some excellent performances. The player that was with us until his injury in the cup final was a mile away from the GMS that signed for us.
Like all wingers he was a bit inconsistent, but I'm baffled how anyone can call him a shitebag. He's anything but.
As an aside, look at how Celtic have ruined Hayes. If he came back to Pittodrie we'd need 2 seasons to put him right again. 

Bang on. Injuries held him back, but the first three months of the season he was terrific, the best he’s been since his Utd pomp. Had it not been NYC, I think he’d have stayed. The stability would have done him a world of good, as it did with Hayes.

54 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

Bang on. Injuries held him back, but the first three months of the season he was terrific, the best he’s been since his Utd pomp. Had it not been NYC, I think he’d have stayed. The stability would have done him a world of good, as it did with Hayes.

Why was he in talks with Portsmouth then?

His head was turned long ago.

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Why was he in talks with Portsmouth then?

His head was turned long ago.

That's true.

For all I'm complimentary of GMS it's disappointing that he obviously decided a while ago that he was going to leave......more so given that we obviously gave him his confidence back, made a him a lynchpin of the team, and put a lot of faith in him.

I would have thought that for such a confidence player, the fact that he was obviously wanted at Aberdeen would have made him stay. It's hard to turn down New York though, I'll give you that.

On the website now.
left back with decent pedigree. Hopefully works out.
a midfielder and an attacker capable of making things happen would complete things.

I would think it unlikely we’ll sign another attacker TBH

Sounds and seems decent signing  good bit pace and strength down the left side .       nice see us scouting abroad again..

Chance for the lad to cement his place early doors.   Can def see another striker coming in and midfielder especially as i see May and Wright heading out .

notice Dunfermline signed some strikers so maybe Anderson  will be part the squad this season.   well happy with squad so far .