The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

3 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Predicted that he'd leave us for them at some point when he signed on the hat. Didn't think it would be this soon.

All the talent in the world. Will never realise it.

I was a bit mixed about him going or not but he must be on a decent wage so probably for the best he goes and we use the wages elsewhere.

Some of our fans got too carried away about Wilson when we signed him permanently, after a few good games at end of last season. Saying that, he is better than mid-table in League Two and he is a significantly better football player than the likes of Gallagher and Main. 

Edited by DrewDon

4 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Some of our fans got too carried away about Wilson when we signed him permanently, after a few good games at end of last season. Saying that, he is better than mid-table in League Two and he is a significantly better football player than the likes of Gallagher and Main. 

He's significantly better than them but I'd rather have each of them ahead of him if you needed someone to battle.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

He's significantly better than them but I'd rather have each of them ahead of him if you needed someone to battle.

I never got the feeling that Wilson is particularly lazy or uncommitted - he has that slouched shoulders thing like McGinn that doesn't help some fans' perception of him. 

5 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I never got the feeling that Wilson is particularly lazy or uncommitted - he has that slouched shoulders thing like McGinn that doesn't help some fans' perception of him. 

Can't seem to get fit. Only really comes alive if the ball is at his feet and we play a style that doesn't suit him.

Best for all concerned.

6 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Can't seem to get fit. Only really comes alive if the ball is at his feet and we play a style that doesn't suit him.

Best for all concerned.

Conspiracy theory time....

Moving between teams in England u24 warrants compensation, moving outside England >23 does not require compensation. James Wilson turned 24 in December...  

49 minutes ago, HunterAFC said:

Conspiracy theory time....

Moving between teams in England u24 warrants compensation, moving outside England >23 does not require compensation. James Wilson turned 24 in December...  

I'd go in for that one.