St Johnstone European Tour 14/15

Steve McQueen

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Suppose I better add my tuppence worth about the trip. Absolutely amazing trip. Lurcerne is a beautiful city. The heat was incredible, so so sunny. Presented the perfect opportunity to get on a pedalo, scoot around the lake and go for a wee dip - singing Saints songs in the middle of the lake and hearing it echo around for all to hear. Great fun.

The Swiss were good folks, very welcoming and friendly. The streets are very clean as well and everything seems to work like clockwork - from the transportation to the labourers on the street. For me there was a real aura that everyone knew what they were doing there, everything seemed pretty organised. The woman weren't bad either to say the least! Deary me.

Pubs were quality at night, the Anfield Bar was a hoot (despite it being a massive, massive Liverpool bar). Was most pleasing when everyone piped up to say "turn that shite off!" when they were playing "Fields of Athenry" and the like were on. From then on we were treated to our requests and the place was jumping. The Roadhouse Bar after the game late into the night was also amazing for those who had stayed out. A good 6 or so Saints players steaming and just having a laugh with everyone. The sing-songs were unreal, I have a couple of tremendous videos - in one of which Steven Maclean gets absolutely mobbed. OHHHHH STEVEN MACLEAAAAN, OHHHHH STEVEN MACLEAAAAAAAN :lol:

The game itself was excellent. What a result that is. I traveled out with no expectations of a result, more like a 2-0 home win. Can't believe they didn't score with the chances they had in the first half. Actual SCENES when Maclean scored though, unreal. We were making some noise in that wee corner. The chance we had about 2 minutes later...ooft if only. Cleared off the line to prevent us going an incredible 2-0 up. A draw was the fair result in the end and a very good result for us considering some of our main men weren't involved. Really excited for next Thursday, we have a real chance at going through to the next round.

Would also like to add that it was nice to meet more Saintees and make more pals...we're a good bunch ;) . Cheers again to Andrew (I ken you're on here) and his son for firing us up the road in the car. I'm now in bed and looking forward to well needed sleep...

1-1 ft.

Massive thanks to the St Johnstone fan who got me a freebie, and cheers to the p&b'rs I shared a bevvy with.

Thought 1-1 was a tad fortunate for St Johnstone. Game went as I predicted, Luzern knocking it about comfortably and St Johnstone getting their goal from a set piece. Luzern could have scored a couple in the first half with the effort off the bar and Manus making 1 good save, but the saints could easily have scored a second a few minutes after going 1 up.

2nd leg will be tough but is still winnable, especially of May is fit.

What are Luzern like away from home Ross? Do they travel well? Do they play the same style?

Simply GREAT stuff.. It was fucking magic. Lucerne was an amazing place and with upwards of 900 Saintees in town, the place was rocking. Nearly all the locals we came into contact with were friendly and helpful. The bars were jumping, the weather was tremndous, the lake was heaving ( Saintees in pedalos standing up and singing in the middle of the lake was priceless) and scenery was outstanding. ( The game and result weren't to shabby either)

The locals ( and lot and lots of tourists ) were perhaps more puzzeled to start with, as a sea of blue and a wave of noise descended on their beautiful town, but as time went by, they were all shaking hands and taking photos of the guys and girls and wishing us well.

At the game, our fans got right behind the team and in stifling condition, sang their collective hearts out. It made me very very proud..

I want to end by saying it was a pleasure to have the company of such a large and great bunch of fellow fans for a couple of days. WE FUCKING ROCKED LUCERNE....

MTS.

Were you in receipt of a punched puss?

No punch in the puss for me icon_razz.gif but some w**k did boot me from behind. I had a word with him and asked him not to do it again. Happily for all concerned, he didn't. Dr Jones also got a couple of smacks to the back of the heed as he tried, like myself, wee John and a couple of others to get everyone to calm the fuck down. Unhappily, all the shite was caused because Nathan Bartlett thought it would be a grand idea to launch a can at some guy. Not the brightest move Nathan son. The fact there were bairns walking up with their parents made it all the more stupid and it could well have escalted but we managed with a bit of persuession to get everyone to chill oot a bit. Frankly I , and I suspect many others, were embarrassed by Nathans behaviour. It is unacceptable and cannot be tolerated. I don't give a fuck who they think they are. They were abroad representing the team and the country. Words have be had..

A few people suggesting we've already sold over 6,000 tickets, and that the East Stand is virtually filled. With a larger away support also coming we could easily beat the 8,500 we had for the Minsk game. We could possibly even break the 10,000 marker

I wonder where the Luzern fans will be seated, sure I read they'd be bringing around 1000, so its probably just a section in the Main Stand they'll get. And yeah the North always sells out last, so making it a cash gate might be wise, although I think it'll depend on how sales go up until then.

Very little left in main stand apparently. Furthest row back in main stand yesterday was row E . Every row behind that sold. Can see north stand being cash gate on Thursday night.

It is cash for the North now.

£26 is a lot to ask for a neutral to pay in addition to getting to Perth. I'd expect to get 8500/9000 which is still excellent for us.

Official site confirms that any unsold tickets on Thursday will be sold at turnstiles. So I would imagine say 250 east stand tickets left. One gate in east stand will sell them to cash payers on the night. Then apply this to all stands.

Not sure how great an idea that is, considering the mayhem in the East Stand last year then I expect 1000 fans will try and get in the cash gate and then end up having to walk right around the stadium to get into the North, probably missing the start of the game

No won't happen. The turnstile person gets the actual tickets so when all gone they gone and gate shuts. Happened before for hearts fans start of last season. There were say 300 left and each paying customer got one on entry (allocated seat). When I'd sold last one the stewards informed them remaining fans now sold out.

No won't happen. The turnstile person gets the actual tickets so when all gone they gone and gate shuts. Happened before for hearts fans start of last season. There were say 300 left and each paying customer got one on entry (allocated seat). When I'd sold last one the stewards informed them remaining fans now sold out.

Literally nothing you've just said contradicts the point I was making

It does really. Impossible for more than the actual stand capacity to get into the stand . So your thought of 1000 extra in east stand is nonsense. Thé club prints tickets for each seat in each stand. They then sell them. If 200 or so left then easy to sell them on the night to first come first served. When they gone then fans will need to go try get ticket on sale at one of the stands (probably north stand).

There's zero chance the East Stand will have tickets left, there's also zero chance even of there was 200 or so tickets left for it, they'd sell them. It'd be carnage, it's also be completely impractical. The only cash gate will be the North stand.

It does really. Impossible for more than the actual stand capacity to get into the stand . So your thought of 1000 extra in east stand is nonsense. Thé club prints tickets for each seat in each stand. They then sell them. If 200 or so left then easy to sell them on the night to first come first served. When they gone then fans will need to go try get ticket on sale at one of the stands (probably north stand).

I never said there would be 1000 get in, I said that 1000 would turn up scrambling and fighting to get in the stand and then the vast majority would get turned away and end up racing each other right around the stadium trying to get in the other stands. It was carnage last summer getting into the East, it would be far worse if they did what you're saying

Unofficial Twitter reporting Luzern are playing exactly the same eleven today as they did on Thursday, will be interesting to see i they pick up an injuries

1-1 up at half time.

Again from the unofficial twitter feed, Anderson is out of Thursday always a blow when you are missing your best centre half but even more so after watching the highlights and seeing how purely we defended at times in the first leg. I think we will have to win this game to go through hopefully we have a big performance in us this early in the season.

Archived