St Johnstone European Tour 14/15

Steve McQueen

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1-1 ft.

Massive thanks to the St Johnstone fan who got me a freebie, and cheers to the p&b'rs I shared a bevvy with.

Thought 1-1 was a tad fortunate for St Johnstone. Game went as I predicted, Luzern knocking it about comfortably and St Johnstone getting their goal from a set piece. Luzern could have scored a couple in the first half with the effort off the bar and Manus making 1 good save, but the saints could easily have scored a second a few minutes after going 1 up.

2nd leg will be tough but is still winnable, especially of May is fit.

Decent result away, A fit may at home against them could've been the difference if we got beat, but at 1-1 I think we don't need to put all out prayers on Him

Just to show where the BBC's priorities lie, Alba have a programme on right now about a Glasgow City woman's football team.

There you go. Glasgow woman's football > Scottish Cup winners in Europe. I'm so glad I'm forced to fund this.

Well done Tommy Wright, still doing a fantastic job despite everything.

Good result obviously, 0-0 does us next week which it means we don't have to play May and if he isn't 100% I hope we don't, I'd like to see O'Halloran back in for his pace and ability to carry the ball.

Just to show where the BBC's priorities lie, Alba have a programme on right now about a Glasgow City woman's football team.

There you go. Glasgow woman's football > Scottish Cup winners in Europe. I'm so glad I'm forced to fund this.

One hour after the match finished, and we have this in depth report of the match...

Steven MacLean was on target as St Johnstone earned a first leg 1-1 draw away to FC Luzern in the second round of Europa League qualifying.

The Saints striker, 31, poked a shot home from 10 yards in a busy penalty box early in the second half.

Captain Dave Mackay then went close with a header which was knocked off the goalline from a corner.

The Swiss hosts levelled when Marco Schneuwly scored on 67 minutes but visitors were not breached again.

One hour after the match finished, and we have this in depth report of the match...

Well done on tracking it down on the BBC website. Good to see Maclean poked it home. He couldn't have taken it well or anything.

Archived