Dundee United 2014/15 Season

Queens Park should get f**k all IMO. They are one of the richest clubs in the country and choose to stay as an amateur club.

They never got a development fee for Douglas because he left on a free, if/when Robertson leaves they will get a development fee and same goes for Connolly.

Harsh

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Harsh

Not really, their motto is play for the sake of playing. They can afford to go part-time, pay their players fairly and demand transfer fees. They choose not to as there is obviously greater benefits to the club being amateur. You can't get best of both worlds I'm afraid.

Not really, their motto is play for the sake of playing. They can afford to go part-time, pay their players fairly and demand transfer fees. They choose not to as there is obviously greater benefits to the club being amateur. You can't get best of both worlds I'm afraid.

They still have expenses and overheads. They still have coaches that help develop players. And it's still the right thing (I believe) to recognise that.

Queens Park should get f**k all IMO. They are one of the richest clubs in the country and choose to stay as an amateur club.

They never got a development fee for Douglas because he left on a free, if/when Robertson leaves they will get a development fee and same goes for Connolly.

That is incorrect.

As an amateur club, the Spiders will not get any development fees for Robertson and Connolly if they leave United. When young players leave a professional club, development fees are payable when they sign for their new club. If the clubs cannot agree a fee, the decision is taken by a tribunal.

What's your problem with Queens Park getting development compensation? Why should rich clubs not get fees if they develop young players? You wouldn't like it if United got nothing for Robertson, Gauld and Souttar. Jealousy or double standards?

They still have expenses and overheads. They still have coaches that help develop players. And it's still the right thing (I believe) to recognise that.

They are entitled to a development fee should any ex player leave for a fee and I've no problem with that. I get why people think they deserve something, but I'm of the opinion that the club picked their status to benefit themselves and therefore shouldn't receive the benefits from both sides.

That is incorrect.

As an amateur club, the Spiders will not get any development fees for Robertson and Connolly if they leave United. When young players leave a professional club, development fees are payable when they sign for their new club. If the clubs cannot agree a fee, the decision is taken by a tribunal.

What's your problem with Queens Park getting development compensation? Why should rich clubs not get fees if they develop young players? You wouldn't like it if United got nothing for Robertson, Gauld and Souttar. Jealousy or double standards?

Because they are not a professional club by choice.

I don't support such discrimination but you are entitled to your opinion.

Do you agree that the Spiders are not entitled to a fee if United sell Robertson and Connolly?

Yes it's my opinion, I'm not knocking anyone's opinion here, just giving my reasons for why.

No I don't. I believe they are perfectly entitled to a development fee should they leave for a fee.

Yes it's my opinion, I'm not knocking anyone's opinion here, just giving my reasons for why.

No I don't. I believe they are perfectly entitled to a development fee should they leave for a fee.

Legally, the Spiders are not entitled to any development fees.

They own Hampden.

I'm in the dark about 'ownership' in this case but I would be hugely surprised if this was the case. Not so long ago millions was spent upgrading Hampden - I doubt very much this would have been subsidised in anyway at all by QP.

Legally, the Spiders are not entitled to any development fees.

Sucks to be them, but as I've said they choose to be an amateur club. There are obviously better benefits to being an amateur club for Queen Park, you cannot have the best of both worlds.

I'm in the dark about 'ownership' in this case but I would be hugely surprised if this was the case. Not so long ago millions was spent upgrading Hampden - I doubt very much this would have been subsidised in anyway at all by QP.

It's 100% Queens park's. The SFA have a 20 year lease, with the option of another 20 year lease.

http://www.hampdenpark.co.uk/the-hampden-experience/hampden-history.html

Which I would guess in substance means that the SFA effectively 'own it'.

No, they rent it.

"Queen’s Park, who still own the Stadium, are the only Amateur Club playing in the Scottish Football League and are currently in Division 2."

Agree totally with peeeeel. Queen's Park can't have it all ways - either turn semi-pro or stop the bleating.

It's possible that they can't turn semi-pro, e.g. the amateur status is protected in their constitution or other legal documents. Others might have definitive information on that.

If Queens Park for some reason cannot turn semi-pro I'd have some sympathy for them, but I can't see any reason why they cannot turn pro.

Archived