Dundee United 2014/15 Season

good news on facebook and tonights evening tele regarding signings and the pitch

Quoted from

The Tannadice Shed: Dundee United Supporters Page (yeah i know its facebook but keeps folk on here updated :D ) .

55 minutes ago Edited

If you read the Evening Tele tonight you'll find a few pieces of interesting United news.

Firstly United are spending around £50,000 on a new playing surface at Tannadice and the installation of a new sprinkler system.

Club Director Derek Robertson stated that, "The club has invested a substantial five-figure sum to ensure the players have the best possible surface to play the type of football encouraged by our manager Jackie McNamara."

Secondly United remain determined to complete the signing of highly rated Rangers 18 year old Charlie Telfer, who has rejected a new contract offer with his current club and has set his sights on a move to Tannadice. Compensation talks between United and Sevco are ongoing.

Thirdly United have moved ahead of Dundee in the race to sign Queen's Park youngster Blair Spittal. It is understood that Jackie has been keeping a close eye on the 18 year old and is very keen to add him to his squad in the coming weeks.

Finally Dundee are set to unveil Kevin Thomson as their latest summer signing so he will probably not be signing for United... I'm sure this will please a lot of you.

:thumsup2

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it was a sell on fee, more something enshrined in transfer regulations. My brother runs a boys club in Dundee and he mentioned something similar to me, but I wasn't really paying attention, to be honest, so may well be havering pish.

I'm still certain that it was reported at the time of Robertson's and Connolly's moves to United that we at least intended to pay a fee to Queen's Park, and that we also retrospectively weighed them in for Douglas.

This BBC reported that you did not pay anything for Douglas - "United used a loophole concerning the Spiders' amateur status to avoid a compensation payment for full-back Barry Douglas."

The Courier added - "Queen’s Park hand delivered a letter to the SFA’s football governance director, Andrew McKinley, asking that the deals [Robertson and Connolly] are not registered until compensation has been agreed as they believe United will wriggle out of paying a development fee for a second time.

"The amateur side remain angered that when United signed Barry Douglas three years ago they found a loophole to withdraw their offer of a fee due to the Queen’s amateur status."

This BBC reported that you did not pay anything for Douglas - "United used a loophole concerning the Spiders' amateur status to avoid a compensation payment for full-back Barry Douglas."

The Courier added - "Queen’s Park hand delivered a letter to the SFA’s football governance director, Andrew McKinley, asking that the deals [Robertson and Connolly] are not registered until compensation has been agreed as they believe United will wriggle out of paying a development fee for a second time.

"The amateur side remain angered that when United signed Barry Douglas three years ago they found a loophole to withdraw their offer of a fee due to the Queen’s amateur status."

That's not a loophole. Just like me not giving you 50p for the bus, isn't a loophole.

United dont have to pay anything tbh but if they dont and they rightly get taken to court it probably works out cheaper to have paid something in the 1st place :D

good news on facebook and tonights evening tele regarding signings and the pitch

Quoted from

The Tannadice Shed: Dundee United Supporters Page (yeah i know its facebook but keeps folk on here updated :D ) .

55 minutes ago Edited

If you read the Evening Tele tonight you'll find a few pieces of interesting United news.

Firstly United are spending around £50,000 on a new playing surface at Tannadice and the installation of a new sprinkler system.

Club Director Derek Robertson stated that, "The club has invested a substantial five-figure sum to ensure the players have the best possible surface to play the type of football encouraged by our manager Jackie McNamara."

Secondly United remain determined to complete the signing of highly rated Rangers 18 year old Charlie Telfer, who has rejected a new contract offer with his current club and has set his sights on a move to Tannadice. Compensation talks between United and Sevco are ongoing.

Thirdly United have moved ahead of Dundee in the race to sign Queen's Park youngster Blair Spittal. It is understood that Jackie has been keeping a close eye on the 18 year old and is very keen to add him to his squad in the coming weeks.

Finally Dundee are set to unveil Kevin Thomson as their latest summer signing so he will probably not be signing for United... I'm sure this will please a lot of you.

:thumsup2

Can the sprinkler play centre half?

Can the sprinkler play centre half?

The new playing surface will include a ten-foot deep moat around the penalty box filled with sharks, crocodiles and Jim Delahunt in order to hopefully shore up the defence.

Hearing that we are interested in signing Danny Wilson. Not sure of his current contract situation but he must be on a decent wage at Hearts? I would be quite happy if this was a possibility.

Anyone elses thoughts on this if true?

Hearing that we are interested in signing Danny Wilson. Not sure of his current contract situation but he must be on a decent wage at Hearts? I would be quite happy if this was a possibility.

Would prefer it was Callum Paterson to be fair. I'm not sure he fits Banana's demands for a hulking great Eastern European beast either.

If the time ever comes that you some how learn to construct proper sentences, with punctation etc, then feel free to offer your (albeit worthless) opinion.

Christ get a life you sad git,having a go at people for how they construct there sentences.

Roll on August. FFS.

Probably makes losing the Final that much worse, that you've got to wait an extra week or two for all the pre-season frustration posts to vanish

We were linked with him last summer too if memory serves. He would certainly be an improvement on what we have, gets a few goals too.

I seem to remember Hearts fans slagging him off in a match thread sometime through the season, thought it has been a tough season in that team so would be interesting to know how they rated him overall.

Archived