Dundee United 2014/15 Season

Legally, the Spiders are not entitled to any development fees.

Craig Gordon's old boys club received a percentage of his transfer fee from Hearts to Sunderland. Wasn't much, 1% perhaps, though a sizeable sum for a boys club.

Wouldn't Queens Park be entitled to a similar fee?

I've no idea, by the way, just wondering.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still think it's harsh.

If you saw a wee stall at the side of the road selling eggs, with a wee honesty box, would you leave the correct money, or would you just think "f*ck it! I'll have them eggs! serves them right for not having a proper shop?"

Craig Gordon's old boys club received a percentage of his transfer fee from Hearts to Sunderland. Wasn't much, 1% perhaps, though a sizeable sum for a boys club.

Wouldn't Queens Park be entitled to a similar fee?

I've no idea, by the way, just wondering.

Interesting point. Sell-on fees can be specified in contracts but I have not heard of boys clubs receiving them until now.

IIRC Thistle paid compensation to the Spiders for Paul Cairney and Paul Paton. I certainly hope that we did.

Agree totally with peeeeel. Queen's Park can't have it all ways - either turn semi-pro or stop the bleating.

Most QP fans that i know anyway aren't bleating. Pretty sure a rule came into place a few seasons ago that made sure that, even as an amateur club, we were entitled to some sort of development fee had a youth player came through our system. As far as i know, although we had to chase it, we did get some sort of money for Robertson and Connolly.

I still think it's harsh.

If you saw a wee stall at the side of the road selling eggs, with a wee honesty box, would you leave the correct money, or would you just think "f*ck it! I'll have them eggs! serves them right for not having a proper shop?"

It's probably a bit harsh. I've no issue with them getting a development fee as I said I just don't think they should be entitled to a signing on fee.

the reporter is discussing positions most of United fans know we have to strengthen anyways but its classed as United news :D

Edited it out was on the phone at the time getting my head done in by a woman at the time i posted it haha

It's probably a bit harsh. I've no issue with them getting a development fee as I said I just don't think they should be entitled to a signing on fee.

........... You didn't answer the question about the eggs.......

Queens Park should get f**k all IMO. They are one of the richest clubs in the country and choose to stay as an amateur club.

They never got a development fee for Douglas because he left on a free, if/when Robertson leaves they will get a development fee and same goes for Connolly.

You should change your name to Scroooooge. Miserable b*****d.

Interesting point. Sell-on fees can be specified in contracts but I have not heard of boys clubs receiving them until now.

IIRC Thistle paid compensation to the Spiders for Paul Cairney and Paul Paton. I certainly hope that we did.

I don't think it was a sell on fee, more something enshrined in transfer regulations. My brother runs a boys club in Dundee and he mentioned something similar to me, but I wasn't really paying attention, to be honest, so may well be havering pish.

I'm still certain that it was reported at the time of Robertson's and Connolly's moves to United that we at least intended to pay a fee to Queen's Park, and that we also retrospectively weighed them in for Douglas.

the decent thing to do is to pay them something,will that happen who knows

If the time ever comes that you some how learn to construct proper sentences, with punctation etc, then feel free to offer your (albeit worthless) opinion.

Archived