Dundee United 2014/15 Season

Going by Facebook and other forums, this has seriously unhinged a considerable number of United fans. I'm not sure whether to feel sorry for their bereaved state or contemptuous at the entitled rage.

I've heard a few folk last night saying that they won't be attending the final. Heid cases the lot of them.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well congratulations on blowing your chance to do something very special for the good of Scottish football and win the top league.

Like Hibs in 2007 selling all the players that could've won them a title at least you can say 'look at all the money we made'

It's certainly not to be celebrated from a fans point of view that the club has cash in the bank. Leave all that to the board.

I feel for the fans who've just watched the Mrs sell their Aston Martin but at least you can drive the Ford Focus and you have a pile of cash.

Settle down, even with GMS and Armstrong we were highly unlikely to win the league. At this point in time we aren't even qualifying for Europe from our position in the league. Albeit we've got a game in hand on ICT and a postponed game against them to play still.

Settle down, even with GMS and Armstrong we were highly unlikely to win the league. At this point in time we aren't even qualifying for Europe from our position in the league. Albeit we've got a game in hand on ICT and a postponed game against them to play still.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the team improves as a result of the business this window. GMS and Armstrong were great but we've had no bother scoring goals and there are still plenty of guys at the club capable of doing that. We've been weak defensively and have added two terrific full backs. Muirhead's an added bonus and from what I've seen has as much potential as any young forward in the league.

:D

If anything, there's a higher chance of us winning the league with a far stronger defence.

Just means more game time Connolly and Telfer whilst hopefully pushing the developmental time for Ali Coote forward.

Can Muirhead play just off the striker, by the way?

If anything, there's a higher chance of us winning the league with a far stronger defence.

Just means more game time Connolly and Telfer whilst hopefully pushing the developmental time for Ali Coote forward.

His best position is off the striker according to Killie fans.

He could, but I'm guessing Jackie wants to play him up front...

“I enjoyed my time at Kilmarnock immensely but this is progress for my career. The opportunity to play in my preferred position was a major factor in coming to Tannadice."

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the team improves as a result of the business this window. GMS and Armstrong were great but we've had no bother scoring goals and there are still plenty of guys at the club capable of doing that. We've been weak defensively and have added two terrific full backs. Muirhead's an added bonus and from what I've seen has as much potential as any young forward in the league.

It's definitely not outwith the realms of possibility that we could improve without them. I certainly don't see us falling down the table at any rate, especially as Accies and Inverness have conveniently also lost big players this window. We were getting good results despite minimal contributions from GMS and Armstrong from the end of August till mid November and as you say we've made two excellent signings at full back now so the defence should improve too. With a more solid defence we can hopefully iron out the inconsistencies in our form, particularly away from home.

And as much it's disappointing to see GMS and Armstrong go, their departure has really created opportunities for our other players to step up and I'm starting to get a little excited to see how we end up lining up on Sunday now.

Aye it's a great opportunity to start getting Coote involved here and there. The boy Lochhead we signed in the summer has looked a great prospect in the few times I've managed to get along to development league games this season and I've heard a few others say good things about him. Hopefully this will push him closer to the first team as well as he's already made the bench against Motherwell in the cup.

Is Lochead the cheeky-faced blond chap from Celtic? Was wondering about his progress earlier today.

It's good to see we have seeds planted at the different age groups and continue to bank on the talent of relatively young guys in the long-term (Muirhead, Lochead, Coote, Adeyamo, Moore, The Souttars, the Polish and German keepers, and of course Telfer, Connolly and Spittal).

His best position is off the striker according to Killie fans.

Which Killie fans have you been talking to? He's definitely at his best as a number 9, and one of his reasons for leaving us was that we didn't play him there.

:lol:

Thread in question for shits n giggles.

United supporters = Fickle b*****ds, with short memories. Remember where they club stood when Sir Stephen Thompson took over. Crippled with debt, playing football the Dundee way and looking destined for admin. Even if Thompson sold the club today it's nothing less than he deserves, he said he would make the club debt free and he achieved this, he and his family owe United fans f**k all, we owe the Thompson family everything for saving our club. If it wasn't for the Thompson's we'd be supporting Forfar or something.

Folk also forget Jackie will have time in the summer to scout for players with a better transfer kitty so its not all bad short term pain for long term gain and we have players that play in their positions anyways.

United supporters = Fickle b*****ds, with short memories. Remember where they club stood when Sir Stephen Thompson took over. Crippled with debt, playing football the Dundee way and looking destined for admin. Even if Thompson sold the club today it's nothing less than he deserves, he said he would make the club debt free and he achieved this, he and his family owe United fans f**k all, we owe the Thompson family everything for saving our club. If it wasn't for the Thompson's we'd be supporting Forfar or something.

Eh but he sed that he wuz only gonnae sell Armstrong for £2.5 million!!!! Baldy Thompson jnr. has sold us up the river!!!!!!!

Hopefully the clowns that post on there, stay on there. We are indebted to the Thompsons. I trust that everything he does is in the benefit of the club regardless if it feels like a toe in the balls. Hes taken our club from the brink of admin to a club profitting whilst the team plays attractive football and is competing in every competition we enter

Eh but he sed that he wuz only gonnae sell Armstrong for £2.5 million!!!! Baldy Thompson jnr. has sold us up the river!!!!!!!

Not the first time I've read that today :lol:

The criticism of Thompson is no surprise sadly - he's taken a lot of stick right down the line, even though he has made relatively few bad calls in all his time as Chair. Just think of the abuse that some of our players get off the stands. I mind Conway used to get some absolutely fearful stick, and think what McLaren, Beaumont and McGinnis etc used to get back in the day. Utterly relentless. Sometimes our lot really need to stay off the drink!

I think the problem here is the suspicion that Thompson is in gathering funds for a flit to Australia. Problem is, he would pretty much have a right to given the support his family has given the club.

I'm not as seething as I was last night, we can still have a good season especially if Anier hits some form.

Archived