Dundee United 2014/15 Season

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was my point when I compared Armstrong with Stevie May. I think Armstrong is a very talented player, and looks great when you're winning by a few and putting on a show. When your teams up against it or in big games though he often disappears. I think GMS even more so, incredible talent though he has.

In that regard, I think celtic probably is the right move for them. They will be attacking most of the time and get to shine as they tear apart other premier league teams 5-0 at parkhead. Whether they can do it in a big important European match is another matter...

A move down south or abroad wouldn't have suited either of these for that reason, so they took the easy option and play for a team who will be winning comfortably most weeks.

Obviously utd fans have seen far more of them than I have though ...

I was just kidding, to be fair. GMS and Armstrong are both miles better than Stevie May. Sorry.

I was just kidding, to be fair. GMS and Armstrong are both miles better than Stevie May. Sorry.

Considering they play totally different positions, I'm not sure I get your point. May didn't go missing in the biggest game he's ever played, whereas Mackay-Steven and Armstrong did.

Lichtie's from Arbroath, anyone who can string together a few words coherently sounds alien to him.

Says the guy that stays 7 miles up the road. :lol:

As for the May v Armstrong thing. Armstrong IMO is a much better player hence why he's away to a much bigger club for twice the price. He has he potential to captain his country, not even sure May will at any time be a regular first team player for us.

I would like to put down a marker and bet any one person £20 that Armstrong never captains the full Scotland team. Not once.

He has absolutely zero leadership qualities.

Celtic or Scotland thread for this pish.

I would like to put down a marker and bet any one person £20 that Armstrong never captains the full Scotland team. Not once.

He has absolutely zero leadership qualities.

8zQcyKv.png

The guy who maintains the United website is a bit confused. On the First Team page our strikers' positions are described as 'Strikers', 'Attackers' and 'Forwards'. Other than Simon Murray whose position is described as 'Simon Murray'. Looks amateur as hell.

I apologise Banana, it's been said a few times now and needs stamped out.

Stretch and his luxurious hair is dead to me. The more important question going forward is what replaces The Do as a spectacle when watching the Terrors spring yet another speedy counter-attack? What's your betting line on Muirhead waltzing around the pitch with that expression permanently on his face? I'll be furious otherwise tbh.

The guy who maintains the United website is a bit confused. On the First Team page our strikers' positions are described as 'Strikers', 'Attackers' and 'Forwards'. Other than Simon Murray whose position is described as 'Simon Murray'. Looks amateur as hell.

:lol:

MATT DAMON.

Stokes ? On a similar note how many players have moved from a top league club to either Celtic or Rangers and have actually established themselves in the first team

From Dundee to Rangers:

Cannigia, Gavin Rae, Nacho Novo

From Dundee to Celtic:

Rab Douglas.

I don't think you really believe that :)

It depends on what you class as meaning "better" - purely on technical ability then possibly yes, in terms of impact in matches, goalscoring ability, determination, positive impact on the team then definitely no.

Anyway, going off topic I suppose so we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Thompson says we owe him millions. What the f**k is going on?

Think we all need to keep the heid here.

Thompson family has invested millions and it's not unrealistic he wants some of that back. Getting the club back on an even keel and developing players to sell on has to be part of his long term plan to achieve that.

Hopefully he's been more diplomatic that "you's owe me money" but you can imagine the pelters he's been getting in the last 48hours.

Archived