Dundee United 2014/15 Season

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Turns out this is an old photograph (according to a few arabs on Facebook).

Wouldn't surprise me tbh. I highly doubt Thompson would be showing his face around the city in the current climate, never mind posing with dees.

Decent bit of trolling from the boy if so - I bet there's been a few bites haha!

Wouldn't surprise me tbh. I highly doubt Thompson would be showing his face around the city in the current climate, never mind posing with dees.

Decent bit of trolling from the boy if so - I bet there's been a few bites haha!

No doubt! Although there are lots of United fans commenting on how they are pissed off they are with ST not showing his face after last night, they want comment (an apology) from him, even though that would be highly unusual for a chairman. Definitely public enemy number one to a few United fans (not myself).

I was referring to United selling their best two players to celtic there. If you can find that post where I said we are "genuine title contenders" then please feel free to quote it.

I never said you wrote genuine title contenders. I said you thought you were genuine title contenders. That post clearly shows you thought both United and Aberdeen were genuine title contenders at some point.

I'm saddened by the views expressed by Arabs on here. It's fine to be 'realistic'; its fucking terrible to be prepared to accept a poorer staus than we can achieve.

At the risk of repeating myself; I don't have a problem selling Armstrong or McKay Steven. But why didn't we take a quarter of that money and make a realistic bid for Scott Allan? Instead we made a panic buy for Muirhead.

Aberdeen were already showing they were far ahead of us, yet, despite that, they invested in McLean. Anyone who doesn't realise what a brilliant move that was. Shouldn't post on here again.

With Hearts getting promoted and with Hibs or The Rangers most likely gettting promotion into the Premiership we will be the fifth biggest club in the league. I don't mind us being fifth in that scenario. I fucking object to us being a really poor fourth (fifth, sixth?) in the present set up.

I'm saddened by the views expressed by Arabs on here. It's fine to be 'realistic'; its fucking terrible to be prepared to accept a poorer staus than we can achieve.

At the risk of repeating myself; I don't have a problem selling Armstrong or McKay Steven. But why didn't we take a quarter of that money and make a realistic bid for Scott Allan? Instead we made a panic buy for Muirhead.

Aberdeen were already showing they were far ahead of us, yet, despite that, they invested in McLean. Anyone who doesn't realise what a brilliant move that was. Shouldn't post on here again.

With Hearts getting promoted and with Hibs or The Rangers most likely gettting promotion into the Premiership we will be the fifth biggest club in the league. I don't mind us being fifth in that scenario. I fucking object to us being a really poor fourth (fifth, sixth?) in the present set up.

I'm not sure I agree with that, I think most United fans on here are in agreement with your summation of things and almost all fans that post seem to have the same thoughts about the club and McNamara. In short we are all in agreement about what ST has done but are concerned about what has been happening more recently in terms of a plan and any investments. With McNamara we all seem to acknowledge his frailties and have more and more worries about his ability as a manager.

I'm not sure I agree with that, I think most United fans on here are in agreement with your summation of things and almost all fans that post seem to have the same thoughts about the club and McNamara. In short we are all in agreement about what ST has done but are concerned about what has been happening more recently in terms of a plan and any investments. With McNamara we all seem to acknowledge his frailties and have more and more worries about his ability as a manager.

Fair enough. I should have said 'Some Arabs on here who think we should just turn up and pay our money and ask no questions'.

PS I heard Munich went well, should Chris include the story about you and the hermaphrodite lap dancer in his best man speech? I hope you kicked f**k out of Robbie when he was drunk.

Fair enough. I should have said 'Some Arabs on here who think we should just turn up and pay our money and ask no questions'.

PS I heard Munich went well, should Chris include the story about you and the hermaphrodite lap dancer in his best man speech? I hope you kicked f**k out of Robbie when he was drunk.

I think most of us are now beyond the ask no questions stage, a few months ago maybe but after last night it has begun and rightly so. Munich was excellent, although any stories regarding hermaphrodites are greatly exaggerated! We made sure to tell everyone who listened that we were all Dundee United fans just so nobody found out about Robbie's Celtic ways!

One other thing about last night (I don't want to go on that thread though, too many happy Dees!), the jury was out on Anier for me but my mind has been well and truly made up. What a waste. A striker who isn't that quick, isn't strong, doesn't have any real skill and has an abysmal first touch. No wonder we aren't scoring any goals if he is the option. I mentioned it before but we wouldn't have done any scouting on him (he was playing in Germany and wasn't getting a game), so we signed him on the basis of what? An agent maybe having a word in the ear of JMc? Having a brilliant beard? A truly terrible signing.

So I didn't say we were genuine title contenders? Good, glad that's cleared up.

Let's try something else. Are Aberdeen Uniteds league rivals?

We should be but the fact is you are a good bit ahead of us at the moment. More than just points you have invested properly in the squad and you have a manager who is man enough to admit when things are wrong so he changes it. What McInnes also has is some bad experiences from previous jobs so he has a bit of grit about him and he understands what to do when it isn't working. McNamara hasn't had that until now and he isn't doing very well at coping with it (first sign of that is blaming everyone else but himself)

Yes. You are the New Firm remember.

Cool.

No we'll not thanks.

I see United have currently played 30 and are to play Hamilton Saturday and Aberdeen on the 18th.

Who's their remaining fixture against?

Caley thistle, away.

Archived