Dundee United 2014/15 Season

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem with big nadz is that he is a complete arsehole and is wholly incapable of controlling his emotions on the park.

Utd fans love him for it and are blind to the fact that all the opposition need to do is get at him physically or mentally and he will drop out the game or get himself sent off.

Teams at a higher level than utd will see him for the liability that he is and won't spend anything like the figures being bandied about. When Jackie and ST accept 500-750k for him in the summer to fund a new conservatory at Jackie towers the seethe will break pie and bovril.

The facts are that despite having (until recently) one of the most creative midfields in the league providing him bullets he has still managed to score less than a genuinely good Premiership striker in Adam Rooney and a lad playing his first full time season in professional football. I don't know off hand but said creative midfield will have won him a few penalties as well I would imagine to bump that tally up?

I hope utd lose him as on his day he can cause real problems, unfortunately I think he will still be there next season as his queue of suitors will be considerably shorter than most DABs think it will be.

The problem with big nadz is that he is a complete arsehole and is wholly incapable of controlling his emotions on the park.

Utd fans love him for it and are blind to the fact that all the opposition need to do is get at him physically or mentally and he will drop out the game or get himself sent off.

Teams at a higher level than utd will see him for the liability that he is and won't spend anything like the figures being bandied about. When Jackie and ST accept 500-750k for him in the summer to fund a new conservatory at Jackie towers the seethe will break pie and bovril.

The facts are that despite having (until recently) one of the most creative midfields in the league providing him bullets he has still managed to score less than a genuinely good Premiership striker in Adam Rooney and a lad playing his first full time season in professional football. I don't know off hand but said creative midfield will have won him a few penalties as well I would imagine to bump that tally up?

I hope utd lose him as on his day he can cause real problems, unfortunately I think he will still be there next season as his queue of suitors will be considerably shorter than most DABs think it will be.

Hard to disagree with most of that but there is something else to consider.

A manager at another club may look at his creative talents and other attributes and think its worth taking a punt on him because they may hold the belief that they could deal with his temperament better than JMac.

If MacNamara was better at man management then Ciftci would be ten times the player he is.

To me Ciftci just serves as an example of why we aren't doing so well atm. The lad can create and score goals when his head is in the game. Due to the failings of the management team it isn't so it's leading to United struggling (obviously I'm not citing this as the sole reason for our woes on the pitch though).

Hard to disagree with most of that but there is something else to consider.

A manager at another club may look at his creative talents and other attributes and think its worth taking a punt on him because they may hold the belief that they could deal with his temperament better than JMac.

If MacNamara was better at man management then Ciftci would be ten times the player he is.

To me Ciftci just serves as an example of why we aren't doing so well atm. The lad can create and score goals when his head is in the game. Due to the failings of the management team it isn't so it's leading to United struggling (obviously I'm not citing this as the sole reason for our woes on the pitch though).

Very true. At that point though the prospective gaffer and club are already viewing this as a gamble and will want to make it the least expensive gamble possible.

Not near ciftcis quality but Phil roberts was Hartleys gamble this season. He was completely unplayable against celtic and St Johnstone but anonymous everywhere else (except boudoir)

Fortunately he cost f**k all and there is no real issue with him being punted out to Alloa as he's not a high earner nor had much cash invested in him. Lot harder to do that with a decent money summer signing.

Had an almost identical conversation with someone about this recently on why he won't end up at Celtic. They couldn't be fucking bothered with him.

At least £1.5m :lol:

He's been pish for Sheffield Wednesday, I expect they'll be happy to get near what they paid for him.

Hes their joint top league goalscorer. In his first season. And their chairmans said he plans on bringing cheap young players into the club and trying to develop them.

Why can't we be adidas like Aberdeen? Their home and black kits this year are brilliant, especially with the old style badge. The Nike ones aren't great, although we have had a couple of decent kits on the last few seasons (hate this years home top, but like the away one)

Why can't we be adidas like Aberdeen? Their home and black kits this year are brilliant, especially with the old style badge. The Nike ones aren't great, although we have had a couple of decent kits on the last few seasons (hate this years home top, but like the away one)

Always find adidas kits look rather samey. Also from a nearly fat POV they are not for the hefty gentleman.

I imagine if we ever did get Adidas then everyone would want a re-creation of the 82/83 shirt though.

Always find adidas kits look rather samey. Also from a nearly fat POV they are not for the hefty gentleman.

I imagine if we ever did get Adidas then everyone would want a re-creation of the 82/83 shirt though.

They can be, I had the 80s in mind when suggesting adidas though! Would love a kit close to that just for a bit of nostalgia. I'm sure it would be a huge seller.

Archived