Accies v Hibs / Hibs v Accies: The Final

If I was a Hibs fan I'd be demanding that the vast majority of the squad that played in their part in the biggest, most comical collapse Scottish football has ever seen all be punted (and possibly shot in the leg).

All fans should be looking out for these wasters and protest night and day outside the house of any manager linked with any one of them. These guys do not deserve a new club. They all deserve to rot away.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It might be, but it wouldn't be unprecedented

Hertha Berlin's brief exile to Budesliga 2 meant that the German Capital was without a top flight team for 2012-13

Yeah, and Den Haag spent most of the '90s and the 2007/08 season in the second tier, leaving the Dutch capital without a top flight side.

That year their main competition was a financially crippled Falkirk. It was always going to be a stroll. The upper end of the league next year will be a bit of a shark tank.

I think you'll find Ayr were challenging until it became apparent that we wouldn't have a ground suitable for the top division.

Frankly, Hibs should've been down when they let in three goals against us after we'd not scored in something like seven games. Incidently, our right back Jason Thomson said on twitter one of their players tried to wind him up saying "I'd rather quit football than play at some of the shiteholes you lot go to". :lol:

Also, a bit of justice for the idiots in their East Stand from the cup game. One of them ended up throwing a lighter at Callum Booth, a loanee from Hibs, due to his fantastic performance. Stay classy.

Yeah and Falkirk were completely different...

Falkirk were always trailing, Ayr were spending fortunes on wages while being unwilling to build a new ground, so you are correct, Falkirk were completely different.

Naw, this format is shite, it has nothing whatsoever to do with games differentials or end-date differentials and everything to do with self preservation, please post with your blazer off for impartiality.

Would you prefer 11th v 2nd?

It's the wee leagues idea to include 3rd and 4th.

I've had some grim times following Aberdeen but the last two years for Hibs have been outrageous.

Lose Scottish Cup Final 5-1 to Hearts

Lose Scottish Cup Final 3-0 to Celtic

9-0 aggregate scudding in Europe to Malmo

Finish 11th in the league twice

Cup exits to Queen of the South and Raith Rovers

Losing four Edinburgh derbies during the worst season of Hearts' history

And then yesterday, throwing away a 2-0 first leg lead away at home and losing meekly on penalties

What was the bigger collapse?

1. Wall Street crash of 1987

2. The Titanic

3. Hibs this season

4. Dunfermline at home to Cowdenbeath

FTFY.

Would you prefer 11th v 2nd?

It's the wee leagues idea to include 3rd and 4th.

I like it the way the other leagues do it but anything is better than a shite team getting a 2nd chance.

Yeah, and Den Haag spent most of the '90s and the 2007/08 season in the second tier, leaving the Dutch capital without a top flight side.

Den Haag is the seat of government. Amsterdam is the capital.

Hughes got punted at the first sign of a wobble despite having them playing well.

In fairness, Hughes' 'wobble' lasted about eight months before he was sacked. While having stability and sticking with one manager is desirable, you can't stick with an under-performing manager forever when there's no suggestion it'll be turned round. No doubt they were far too quick to sack Paatelainen though, and Collins undoubtedly got a raw deal from players who were frankly a bunch of c***s.

There is a legitimate point of view that says that when underperformance has been so prolonged, and worsening, that it transcends whatever manager or players are in place in a particular season. I can see mileage in that.

I'm more thinking that if there's a culture entrenched in the playing department - whether slackness, low morale, outdated methods whatever - then you can level criticism at the Board as they have oversight.

Clearly there is some deep rooted problem in the culture at Hibs, but if Petrie isn't to blame then the only common denominator we can find since 2007 is Lewis Stevenson, so we're going to have to blame this entire mess on him. He is the epitome of mediocrity after all.

In all seriousness, I think people can over-react when talking about dressing room cultures etc, and people going mental over footballers daring to talk about their social lives on twitter can get silly, but Hibs players are clearly at the very least thick as f**k when it comes to this: posting about getting pished and going to Ibiza in the summer when massive games to avoid relegation are coming up is stupid at best and indicative of not caring in the slightest at worst.

It's hard to see what can be done to arrest the slide into utter farce though, successive managers have received great financial banking and as you say, you can't blame Petrie for the mess Butcher has made of this season. At the same time though, it's clearly not just a question of appointing the right manager and all the problems disappearing. If you do find a solution, feel free to share it as we're an even bigger shambles on the park as well as being a financial basketcase, when you at least have the consolation that you're turning a profit so are in no danger of financial trouble even if you're destined to be a laughing stock for the rest of time.

Falkirk were always trailing, Ayr were spending fortunes on wages while being unwilling to build a new ground, so you are correct, Falkirk were completely different.

So, Ayr stayed down because they chose to spend money on wages rather than a compliant stadium.

I remember Motherwell not getting relegated in the early nineties. It was fun.

So, Ayr stayed down because they chose to spend money on wages rather than a compliant stadium. I remember Motherwell not getting relegated in the early nineties. It was fun.

No, our chairman decided to build most of the stadiums in the UK while being unwilling to build a new stadium without consent for a retail park alongside it.

Barr Construction appeared to have their advertising board behind almost every net on the box while we got soaked whenever it decided to pish down in Ayr.

I think getting rid of most of their players is the best thing which hibs can do. They need to try and get rid of this apathetic culture amongst there players which seems to be passed over when new players arrive. Clearing out the old before bringing in the new is a good idea here.

Where can I put money on Hibs signing Mike Fraser as GK, since he's been released by County!?

:lol:

Archived