Accies v Hibs / Hibs v Accies: The Final

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Williams, McPake, Thompson and Craig all gone then.

Any others?

And Ben Williams, Sean Murdoch, Paul Grant, Alan Maybury, Bradley Donaldson, Paul Cairney, Tom Taiwo, David Gold and Dean Horribine have all been told they can leave while Danny Haynes, Daniel Boateng and Duncan Watmore have returned to their parent clubs after loan spells.

I can't even laugh at Hibs.

Their team reminds me of mine under MM- no fight, confidence, pride, or morale.

After beating the drop by play offs previously, I really thought we were gone then.

Don't know how long it'll take Hibs to come back up- but they will.

Intersesting season coming up!

I know what you mean. Hibs remind me of Dundee United before Craig Levein took over. At least we managed to stay up through those years, although we were close a couple of times.

I think so. He wasn't in the list posted by Hibs so would assume the Sky report is wrong. He's been a total disaster though, would love it to be true.

Out of Contract Players
26 May 2014

Hibernian FC can confirm that the following players who are out of contract have not been offered terms of re-engagement:
Ben Williams
Sean Murdoch
Paul Grant
James McPake
Alan Maybury
Bradley Donaldson
Paul Cairney
Tom Taiwo
David Gold
Dean Horribine
Kevin Thomson

Loan players Daniel Boateng, Danny Haynes and Duncan Watmore all return to their parent clubs.
The Club would like to thank the players for their service to the Club.

:huh:

I take it that's with a pre-season under his belt...?

Scarily enough the Jackie connection appeared to spawn rumours of us being interested in Cairney. To be fair the situation with players like him, Mcpake, McGivern and Thomson lurking without a contract bears strong resemblance to 'ladies choice' at the old school country dancing lessons. It's down to the last couple of munters and you don't know where to look.

I don't think it's possible to see under his belt.

Butcher's much-publicised chat about ridding Hibs of a fair number of what he clearly considered duds might well have come back to bite him on the arse in spectacular fashion. It was apparent that, for all his animated antics from the sidelines, his players weren't interested in doing the business for him when push came to shove.

At least, for all his faults, Danny Lennon consistently talked up our players and this might have gone some way to maintaining a reasonable level of morale and commitment when it came ot the business end of the season.

None of that excuses the the bottlers who failed to deliver for Hibs, however. They get paid handsomely to play for one of the biggest clubs in the country and have been abject for months now (years, in come cases). It shouldn't really matter whether players take to their manager, the professional pride and motivation to do a job for those who ultimately pay their wages should have been enough. Unfortunately, it seems to me that there is still a legacy from Collins' time at Easter Road, in that players seem to think they can spit the dummy out and still get their own way. Its laughable, really.

I think so. He wasn't in the list posted by Hibs so would assume the Sky report is wrong. He's been a total disaster though, would love it to be true.

Isn't it more a case of Hibs dragging a decent player down to their level?

Unfortunately, it seems to me that there is still a legacy from Collins' time at Easter Road, in that players seem to think they can spit the dummy out and still get their own way. Its laughable, really.

And the blame for that can be laid squarely at Petrie's door. He should have told the moaning faced c***s to wait and speak to the manager when he came back from his hols instead of entertaining them and their schoolgirl antics.

And the blame for that can be laid squarely at Petrie's door. He should have told the moaning faced c***s to wait and speak to the manager when he came back from his hols instead of entertaining them and their schoolgirl antics.

So it would seem. I don't know the full story, but mutiny at a football club....really? Thing is, though, they didn't even have the bottle to take it directly to Collins based on your account of how it played out. Pathetic antics, as you say.

Isn't it more a case of Hibs dragging a decent player down to their level?

It's true that Butcher it partly to blame playing him out of position but that doesn't excuse him for being utter shite. He was brought in as a leader and goalscorer and for his supposed set piece ability, none of which has been remotely good enough.

What was the bigger collapse?

1. Wall Street crash of 1987 - a crash

2. The Titanic - a sinking

3. Hibs this season - an implosion

Maybe 'hibs' could become a new word?

Like, 'You've totally hibs'd that up'

or 'Sorry but I've made a complete hibs of it'

or'Careful not to hibs it ya daft c**t!'

Butcher's much-publicised chat about ridding Hibs of a fair number of what he clearly considered duds might well have come back to bite him on the arse in spectacular fashion. It was apparent that, for all his animated antics from the sidelines, his players weren't interested in doing the business for him when push came to shove.

At least, for all his faults, Danny Lennon consistently talked up our players and this might have gone some way to maintaining a reasonable level of morale and commitment when it came ot the business end of the season.

None of that excuses the the bottlers who failed to deliver for Hibs, however. They get paid handsomely to play for one of the biggest clubs in the country and have been abject for months now (years, in come cases). It shouldn't really matter whether players take to their manager, the professional pride and motivation to do a job for those who ultimately pay their wages should have been enough. Unfortunately, it seems to me that there is still a legacy from Collins' time at Easter Road, in that players seem to think they can spit the dummy out and still get their own way. Its laughable, really.

This goes far deeper than Butcher, Hibs have patently had something wrong in their dressing room since the players gained the day over Collins, Butcher needs the backing of the board to get rid of every player and coach at the club that he can't rely on, perhaps relegation is a blessing in disguise for Hibs, it certainly didn't do them any harm the last time they were relegated(I think their crowds improved).

This goes far deeper than Butcher, Hibs have patently had something wrong in their dressing room since the players gained the day over Collins, Butcher needs the backing of the board to get rid of every player and coach at the club that he can't rely on, perhaps relegation is a blessing in disguise for Hibs, it certainly didn't do them any harm the last time they were relegated(I think their crowds improved).

That year their main competition was a financially crippled Falkirk. It was always going to be a stroll. The upper end of the league next year will be a bit of a shark tank.

Archived