Accies v Hibs / Hibs v Accies: The Final

You seem to be under the belief bigger crowds mean better football. Hamilton play better football than Hibs, easily. So do Dundee. I'm far happier, and more willing to watch games involving either side, than I would have been if Hibs were in their place

Have you seen Dundee this season?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Celtic v Partick Thistle isn't a derby

Just because we can't stand the vile sectarian pish that comes with playing Celtic, and just because you don't want to view a team like Thistle as important, doesn't mean it's not a derby.

This "second rate" is stuff is bollocks. With the greatest of respect, the pishy teams at the bottom of the top tier are better than Queen of the South, Dumbarton, Livingston, Raith Rovers, Alloa, and Cowdenbeath.

Kevin Thomson particularly comes across very well in that interview. It must be worrying for Hibs fans to hear these players talk about the managers attitude towards them. They both touch on it. If Thomson has had to deal with negativity from Butcher for 6-7 months, knowing from January that he wasn't wanted but still asked to put the strip on and play then it's very much testament to his love for the club and his own integrity. It does not reflect well on Butcher at all. You wouldn't hear any St.Johnstone player speak about Tommy Wright like that.

I would take both McPake and Thomson at Saints. Guys like them and Ben Williams will undoubtedly play at a higher level than Hibs next season. Liam Craig too if he decides to look for something else.

Celtic v Partick Thistle isn't a derby

Yes it is.

As much as I don't want to be associated with a club that has racist, sectarian fans and protects paedophiles, two clubs from the same city who play each other = derby match.

I'm sick of having to educate Old Firm simpletons.

Celtic v Partick Thistle isn't a derby.

n

1. (Horse Racing) the Derby an annual horse race run at Epsom Downs, Surrey, since 1780: one of the English flat-racing classics

2. (Horse Racing) any of various other horse races

3. (Soccer) local Derby a football match between two teams from the same area

Celtic v Partick Thistle isn't a derby.

The dictionaries definition of a derby is a sporting fixture between two sides from the same town or area.

It is a derby, it might not be a rivalry

I'm pretty sure they like having a "New Firm" derby. Wouldn't be surprised to see Aberdeen v United, and us against Dundee

I'm pretty sure they like having a "New Firm" derby. Wouldn't be surprised to see Aberdeen v United, and us against Dundee

I seem to recall Dundee vs St Johnstone being a very spicy fixture back in the First division.

I seem to recall Dundee vs St Johnstone being a very spicy fixture back in the First division.

Yeah it was usually exciting, from Gavin Swankie scoring last minute wondergoals for Dundee at Dens, to the utterly sublime "Rain Dance" of Sir Paul Sheerin

We'll done to Hamilton justice was done. Accies by far the better side over both legs and well we've been terrible for the last few years and our luck final run out. Rod should have been hounded out long ago and if Butcher is still here I hope his style of play changes with the players he brings in as the aim less punts up the park wil not see us trouble the top of the championship.

Well, that was quite something.

My body is battered and bruised, my head hurts, but I would do that all over again in a heartbeat.

Words can't really express just how proud I am of the team for yesterday's heroics. I didn't really give us a hope of progressing after Wednesday but I was delighted to be proved wrong. Every one of those players ran themselves into the ground and you could see that right up until our second goal they all believed they could still do it.

I have sung the praises of Tony Andreu constantly this season and it was no surprise he popped up with last gasp goal. A brilliant player and yesterday was no exception. Scotland gave his all and what can you say about Ziggy Gordon? Tireless energy and you could see how much that result meant to him. A special mention also to Darian MacKinnon, who has been great all season. Quite a journey he's had. Absolutely delighted for him.

We may be few in number, but the scenes yesterday in the away end will stay long in the memory. Great to be part of it and it's moments like those that make supporting a smaller club worthwhile.

People may scoff at our small support, and laugh at our two and a half sided stadium (and our bus, and our beach etc), but you know what? I wouldn't change it for the world. Hamilton Academical may be a wee diddy team, but they're my wee diddy team. And I'm immensely proud of that fact.

Long live the diddies.

Out of greens. Great post!

Well, that was quite something.

My body is battered and bruised, my head hurts, but I would do that all over again in a heartbeat.

Words can't really express just how proud I am of the team for yesterday's heroics. I didn't really give us a hope of progressing after Wednesday but I was delighted to be proved wrong. Every one of those players ran themselves into the ground and you could see that right up until our second goal they all believed they could still do it.

I have sung the praises of Tony Andreu constantly this season and it was no surprise he popped up with last gasp goal. A brilliant player and yesterday was no exception. Scotland gave his all and what can you say about Ziggy Gordon? Tireless energy and you could see how much that result meant to him. A special mention also to Darian MacKinnon, who has been great all season. Quite a journey he's had. Absolutely delighted for him.

We may be few in number, but the scenes yesterday in the away end will stay long in the memory. Great to be part of it and it's moments like those that make supporting a smaller club worthwhile.

People may scoff at our small support, and laugh at our two and a half sided stadium (and our bus, and our beach etc), but you know what? I wouldn't change it for the world. Hamilton Academical may be a wee diddy team, but they're my wee diddy team. And I'm immensely proud of that fact.

Long live the diddies.

Great post

Archived