Accies v Hibs / Hibs v Accies: The Final

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really? I'm not quite convinced tbh.

They've been an utter shambles and had a worse season than you guys without doubt, but it seems like you've already counted on giving them a doing next season as well. I could be wrong but I can easily imagine a few Jambo's frothing at the mouth if they manage the (not so) great escape.

If youse weren't down, I'd definitely want them down, have just come around to the thinking it would be a shame to have our capital without top flight representation. In fact has this ever happened before? Anywhere?

Germany, Berlin for a couple of years there recently.

Brasilia right now.

Accies playing their guts out for the chance to play lanarkshires big team next season. Hope hibs go down. No way rangers will get promoted next year with them and hearts. Some pumpings will be had. Come on accies. Get in tae these

Accies: 1 Cuthbert 2 Gordon 5 Canning 6 Gillespie 7 Keatings 8 Routledge 17 Longridge 18 MacKinnon 22 Andreu 24 GarciaTena 99 AntoineCurier

can't say i'm to happy keatings is starting, not consistent enough for me.

Happy big MAC is getting his chance lets just hope he's on the ball.

Really? I'm not quite convinced tbh.

They've been an utter shambles and had a worse season than you guys without doubt, but it seems like you've already counted on giving them a doing next season as well. I could be wrong but I can easily imagine a few Jambo's frothing at the mouth if they manage the (not so) great escape.

If youse weren't down, I'd definitely want them down, have just come around to the thinking it would be a shame to have our capital without top flight representation. In fact has this ever happened before? Anywhere?

I doubt Jambo's will be bothered if they survive. They're in the same boat as everyone else is: Absolutely dumbstruck on how they managed to end up there. They've been needing 'Just 1 win" for the last 2 months. I reckon most people assumed they'd do enough to keep a float. It was only one the final day, for me at least, that it actually sunk in how atrocious they are. So aye, I think they'd be buzzing if they did get relegated, but since there was no real expectation that they would I doubt too many people would be that disappointed.

Quite torn as to whom I want to win the tie.

Positives of a Hibs win are the retention of an away day in Edinburgh and of a relatively good travelling support. Also the Saints v Hibs games in Paisley seem to be regularly picked for TV for some reason, so that's potentially more loss of income.

The negatives are the fact that Hibs would have a bigger budget than us next season and you'd surely expect them not to be as bad again, so them staying up increases our changes of relegation. Also the loss of the epic lulz if Hibees survive.

The positives of an Accies win is another western club replacing an east coast fud. Also, the addition of a team with a lesser budget than ourselves immediately lessens our chances of relegation.

The negatives are they have hardly any fans, Hamilton is a dive and their stadium is rubbish. They also played some brutal football under Reid, maybe that's changed under Neil though, I have no idea.

In short, I can't decide who I want to win. Looking forward to the games though :)

Archived