Accies v Hibs / Hibs v Accies: The Final

There's some absolutely horrendous hibs/hearts patter going on here. Can we stick to the game in question Gents?

If you think this is horrendous Hibs/Hearts patter, check the St. Johnstone vs Dundee United Scottish cup final thread where Hearts fans seem to mention us quite regularly.

We're faaaaaar too obsessed with them though.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can we stick to the game in question Gents?

Good idea.

I am in two minds about this game. On one hand, I like the Accies and have a good day out at the kid on derby. On the other hand, I'd wet myself seeing Hibs join Hearts in getting relegated.

Good idea. I am in two minds about this game. On one hand, I like the Accies and have a good day out at the kid on derby. On the other hand, I'd wet myself seeing Hibs join Hearts in getting relegated.

God, not back to this total clusterfuck of a statement.

Have to say I'm in the same conundrum as Mr Waldo.

I'm not a fan of Hamilton's stadium, so would much rather they go up so we don't have to visit them next season . At the same time though I want Hibs to go down for the away day and the obvious laughs that would ensue.

Normally I go into Accies games fearing the worst but I'm surprisingly confident that we'll beat Hibs quite comfortably over the two legs.

2-0 tomorrow and 1-1 at Easter Road.

No doubt we'll get pumped now.

Why is one of the stands called the Spice of Life stand? :lol:

Because it's sponsored by Spice of Life.

Oooh, a shot and a miss. The correct answer is "It isn't, it's called the 'North Stand'". See if you can figure out why.

All the best for the Accies from a Queen of the south fan, without any doubt the best team I've seen in the championship this season. Watched them at Palmerston three times and the first away game at Hamilton and were unlucky to get beat in the cup game that we won at home. I think Hamilton will have nothing to fear against a hibs team lacking completely in confidence!!!!!!!!

Apologies for getting involved in a Hibs/Hearts thing, people are quite right to remind me what the topic was about too. A lot of the commentators on Sportscene and the like keep on saying Hibs are going to pull it out of the fire but they've been saying that for some time now and we've still not done it.. As I said in a previous post, Hamilton are a good team,but just how good we'll all find out tomorrow and Sunday. Personally I can't really see 1 team hammering the other, but suffice to say I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it go to extra-time and penalties at the end of the second leg. I'm assuming that's what'll happen if it's all square by then.

When Butcher took over at ICTFC, we trundled along toward relegation. When it came to the crunch match against Falkirk (managed at the time by John Hughes) things fell apart and we went down. I can't see Hibs getting passed Hamilton based on previous experience with Butcher as manager. The only real saving grace for us when we did go down was that we had Adam Rooney who started to bang away the goals to get us back up. I can't see where the goals are going to come from next season in the championship for Hibs.

Archived