Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best thing about that video is seeing how much he has improved his penalty taking. Did he score any for us? Seem to remember him slotting a couple just past the right hand post.

Crazy to think of all the great moments he gave us - the winner over Stirling to make it 4-3, opening the scoring v Hibs inside 14 seconds, scoring the third against the Pars and my own personal favourite was his 2 goals away to Raith the week that I had a family bereavement. The second goal was when he blocked the keepers (McNeil?) clearance and chased the ball down to tap home. I went mental way before the ball hit the net as did everybody around me.

Sigh. Will we see the like again at Cental Park?

greg had several good games at starks park, usually in the sunshine.

Best thing about that video is seeing how much he has improved his penalty taking. Did he score any for us? Seem to remember him slotting a couple just past the right hand post.

Crazy to think of all the great moments he gave us - the winner over Stirling to make it 4-3, opening the scoring v Hibs inside 14 seconds, scoring the third against the Pars and my own personal favourite was his 2 goals away to Raith the week that I had a family bereavement. The second goal was when he blocked the keepers (McNeil?) clearance and chased the ball down to tap home. I went mental way before the ball hit the net as did everybody around me.

Sigh. Will we see the like again at Cental Park?

Some great moments

As a forward partnership the away game at Hamilton, him n Kane were unplayable

We ended up hanging on to a 4-3 win when both had to go off later in game

Some great moments

As a forward partnership the away game at Hamilton, him n Kane were unplayable

We ended up hanging on to a 4-3 win when both had to go off later in game

They really were the difference last season. I have no doubt we'd have went down if it wasn't for them. We could never replace them like for like but I genuinely think had we spent wages more wisely, we could still have had a decent striker.

Brilliant rallying call from our Chairman in the Fife Times.

We need to stick together to ensure we retain Championship status!

For those travelling to Dumbarton let's make some noise and get right behind the team.

The season is far from over so let's ensure we try our best at our end to ensure championship survival.

Yes was quite interesting that the club as I knew would be trying to make progress behind the scenes but obviously they cannot go into too much detail publicly.

Personally I think we will get there with a buyout but it will come solely down to being in this league.That is why it is important we turn out in numbers and get right behind the team and make the most of Rangers Hibs and Hearts visiting Central Park.

Just don't see the reason to not be transparent. The Rovers tonight were a great example. Simply getting Donald to shout 'support the team' isn't a great amount of detail to come from an AGM in arguably our biggest (and most important we were told?) season of all time.

Fans won't want all details and I'm 100% sure those in charge are doing their best for the club (management aside) but just a wee bit of information would be nice.

I think it is difficult and different for our club to communicate in the manner you are after due to the barriers behind the scenes I.E the owners in my own opinion.

I think the club is and quite rightly being very cautious on what they communicate for obvious reasons

It's like the secret service at Cowdenbeath FC these days. Hopefully Donald will be interviewed by Chick Dung on Radio Scotland in the near future so that we can get some idea of what is going on with the club. In the meantime the loyal home support will continue to dwindle rather than have to watch the soul destroying, uninspiring and negative football we are currently providing.

Think you are being a wee bit harsh there Coo. The way the club have been shafted in the past would make anyone running the club very careful about what they say in public. I'm extremely relieved that the current chairman , directors and all those involved continue to do a great job for all of us.

As for the playing side we haven't been doing as well as we all hoped/expected but Jimmy now has almost all his missing players back and new players he wanted. Now it's down to him and his squad to do it on the park. No more excuses.

We aren't asking for full details of the accounts, just a little bit of information. We never get told anything. The owners are putting the rent up? News to me from the article. How much do we currently pay? What's it going up to? Donald has basically said put your fingers in your ears and continue to support the team - despite the team performances being utterly pathetic of recent.

Think you are being a wee bit harsh there Coo. The way the club have been shafted in the past would make anyone running the club very careful about what they say in public. I'm extremely relieved that the current chairman , directors and all those involved continue to do a great job for all of us.

As for the playing side we haven't been doing as well as we all hoped/expected but Jimmy now has almost all his missing players back and new players he wanted. Now it's down to him and his squad to do it on the park. No more excuses.

I certainly could have worded it better. I have always been clear about how much I admire the people who run the club and the effort, time and money they put in. I'm not asking for direct information on here as that would be inappropriate but a club statement now and then on the Cowdenbeath website would be of some help in keeping us up to date with developments. As for the football, the least said the better.

We aren't asking for full details of the accounts, just a little bit of information. We never get told anything. The owners are putting the rent up? News to me from the article. How much do we currently pay? What's it going up to? Donald has basically said put your fingers in your ears and continue to support the team - despite the team performances being utterly pathetic of recent.

According to the paper, there were plenty questions asked and answers given at the shareholders meeting. An Internet forum might not be the best place to publish such info. Maybe another " meet the manager " meeting where questions could be prepared beforehand ?

Where am I asking for them to be published on here? The AGM was for shareholders only so that's not the regular punter.

Meet the managers are a waste of time in reality and I have no interest in listening to Nicholl spout a load of rubbish or answer easy pre prepared questions.

I'm talking about the future of the club and the apparent need to stay up this season.

Where am I asking for them to be published on here? The AGM was for shareholders only so that's not the regular punter.

Meet the managers are a waste of time in reality and I have no interest in listening to Nicholl spout a load of rubbish or answer easy pre prepared questions.

I'm talking about the future of the club and the apparent need to stay up this season.

Aye, fair enough but a meet the manager meeting would include some of those running the club , call it a meet the board meeting or whatever.

Problem is these tend to be on a Thursday night or whatever, the turnouts are always dreadful. All I would like is a statement published on our own website highlighting the key facts from the AGM and the steps moving forward and and some quotes. The website doesn't even mention the AGM.

Just annoys me that we get no information at all then we have to read about how it's the fans who need to stick together blah blah.

How does one buy a share, is it possible?

I'd quite happily but some shares to get access to the AGM - I could then write it up for all to read.

The Brewster's own 89% of the shares so they are at a premium. The only way anyone can buy shares is if a current shareholder decides to sell theirs so options are very limited.

Archived