f**k you Marko Ayr are staying up

To an extent, yes, but a game isn't over until the final whistle.

ETA: I watched Brora gub Stenhousemuir yesterday and even though Stenny were horse, the players had a positive attitude towards the end of extra-time, like they believed they could get back into it. It didn't seem that way for Ayr at the end of those highlights - if that's the case at the end of the first competitive game, what else is to come?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When are we talking though, how close to the end? I wouldn't want them laughing and skipping off the pitch the end of such a defeat.

You might have a wider point, however, as Ayr do seem to end games with a whimper quite often. You never see a 'kitchen-sink' finish in such a situation and, yeah, I think the team do often looked defeated well before the final whistle. There were quite a number of new players in that team so the common-denominator is the manager. I don't think people have much expectation of Ayr's prospects under Roberts and pretty much everyone would love to see him as far away from Somerset as possible.

On a side note, it's a shame Lithgow left as I reckon he'd have complimented Murphy really well.

The Leader is good, the leader is great. We surrender our will as of this date..

Pretty much sums up any Ayr fans that are left

Erm, not really. Everyone knows that Roberts is fucking terrible and we need Lachlan to sell and f**k off but they're not going to just let the club they love die by not going back. Okay, maybe Cutty Old fits into your description but that's just one guy.

The demise has been slow but steady. The level of interest around the town for the club is appalling. For example I attempted to start a chorus of "AYR AYR SUPER AYR" in Morrisons and was huckled out. Pretty annoying cos I had good word from a mate that Frijj milkshakes were selling half price - hence my good spirits as I entered the store.

Supermarkets need a strong Ayr Utd.

At Abbey Park today :

Kilwinning Rangers 2 v 2 Ayr United u20s

Ayr u20s win the Penalty Shoot Out.

Two goals inside the 90 mins by the always busy Ryan Nisbet.

Sean Newman pulled off some good stops in the shoot out and Jarod Keifer cool as ice with an " Andy Walker " chipped pen.

I'm wondering why when we have very little options off the bench is Nisbet nowhere near the first team?

With our current lack of attacking options he should be. Lighting quick and an eye for goal. Surely worth a go.

The last time I saw him was again in the cup final. Equipped himself well and worked hard. I don't think he'll add the strength to midfield we're lacking but he certainly won't be any worse.

We're in desperate need of a midfield general. Wish there was another Marvin Wilson out there.

With our current lack of attacking options he should be. Lighting quick and an eye for goal. Surely worth a go.

Agree GingaNinja - Watched Nissy play this weekend and over the two games v Cumnock & The Buffs looked very sharp. Also toughening up a bit as the Juniors were giving him some treatment but he was going back for more. IMO he would not let the first team down , neither would Wardrope if he was introduced off the bench more often.

He did get sent off in one of the games though!

Very True , with 5 mins to go in the Cumnock game on the Saturday , for swearing I believe , I mean those Cumnock Juniors lads didnt swear did they ? :lol:

Think wee Nissy was an easier decision for the Ref !

Archived