f**k you Marko Ayr are staying up

Do we know if McKinlay is fit after his knock against Crusaders?

If Donald were to sit at left back I wouldn't have too much of a problem slotting McGill in on the wing as I think he's done ok. Granted Donald has far more influence on the game playing on the wing and should always be starting here when possible. I think whether Roberts starts McArthur or not on Saturday will show us if he rates him or not and is willing to give him a crack at first team football.

I would prefer to see Forrest and McGovern switch positions on your line up, McGovern delivers the better cross ball and Forrest would thrive buzzing about behind the front man.

Roberts has said McKinlay won't make it. He was in a car crash apparently. AU Media have got a pre-season interview up...

fb.me/3sCEpNhAJ

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have a boy called Adam Dodd on trail. Wiki says he played for you on loan in 2012. Any good?

We got him and Liam Tomsett from Blackpool.

I didn't see too much of him, but I was impressed with what I saw.

Would be a decent squad player for Dundee, IMO.

We have a boy called Adam Dodd on trail. Wiki says he played for you on loan in 2012. Any good?

Brian Reid had him on loan along with a lad Liam Tomsett both from Blackpool. 2 good lads I wouldn't have minded keeping, particularly Tomsett.

Local Football " double header " tomorrow at Abbey Park , Kilwinning for £4.00 Entry :

12.00 cumnock juniors v ayr utd u20s

3.00 kilwinning rangers v us scholarship co

On Sunday the two winners will contest a Final and there will be a 3rd / 4th place match in this Buffs Pre - season Tourney .

He was reasonable in what is now The Championship but I felt at the time he wasn't going to make it at Blackpool. Although he was fairly young he really didn't stand out enough to suggest he was going to succeed at a higher level. He is still young enough to develop so I suppose it's hard to say, and I haven't seen him in the last couple of years. I'd very much doubt he'd be reasonable SPL level though.

Kevin Rutkiewicz to sign on 1st August. There's your second centre half.

I do hope we aren't paying money for a below average league one player who is currently injured

Kevin Rutkiewicz to sign on 1st August. There's your second centre half.

I heard last Saturday he asked to be released because he didn't think he would play again. He was decent enough but id rather get someone in who was able to play more than

1 game in a row.

I thought we had established this rumour was total bullshit last week?

You can't sign a guy who asks to be released from his contract with his current club, on account of him retiring. Irrespective of him being a crock, or not, that's just not acceptable.

If East Fife have released him on the basis that he wanted to play for the team that win the league at a higher level, then fair enough.

It's a real head scratcher to work out who's the most naive in that scenario however.

If he's injury prone then we will sign him. Seems almost a prerequisite for an Ayr signing. We've had Martyn Campbell whose only played about 50% of games for several seasons now. I'm a fan by the way. Defence always seems more solid when he plays. It's just very frustrating he misses so many games.

Then weve signed Mckinlay from Stenny who is also injury prone we hear. First pre-season friendly against Crusaders and he's off after about 20 minutes. So bring this EF guy on. We can play all three in our first league game and have three subs on by half time.

In addition to his "normal" injury proneness McKinlay also seems to be having problems following a car crash about 5 weeks ago. Good luck to the guy, I hope he can get back to full fitness and have a good season for us. But it's a fair old risk for a pennyless club like Ayr.

I'm not sure you can say the defence is more solid when he plays. Often he goes off early, totally disrupting matters. Sometimes he's fucking awful. Over the years he's had some good games but we're going back a while an they are few and far between.

I don't get the love for Campbell it's been massively detrimental to Ayr Utd, for quite a number of seasons, having him signed.

Roberts does seem to genuinely rate Campbell, and also seems to be eternally hopeful that he'll eventually overcome his injury problems, but I suspect that there's an element of sentimentality involved in retaining him. It's his testimonial year this season and if we were to release him now it'd probably spell the end of his career (unless a Junior team were willing to take him on).

Basically, I think that whenever Roberts leaves Campbell will as well, particularly if the new manager were to be an external appointment who had no pre-existing relationship with Campbell. Until then I think things with Campbell will probably remain as they are.

I don't know I just feel the whole Campbell thing is lazy and desperate.

For me the last time he was an asset was about five years ago. No disrespect to the big guy but he's probably never given us a decent full season in the whole time we've had him.

I would actually go as far as to say it's largely been a disgrace we've indulged him for so long.

That's not, necessarily, a criticism of him and I don't want to lazily criticise the club but I do think we could have built a bit of a team.

Someone posted on here during last season the stats of how many games there have been since he joined and how many he's missed due to injury. Was more than half if memory serves.

When he was fit two season ago and before he looked decent but when he came back in the 2nd half of last season he looked like he had regressed big time, no disrespect to him but sitting out for that long at his age can only be detrimental.

Archived