f**k you Marko Ayr are staying up

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can only admire people who retain any positivity about the upcoming season. Simply awful performance. Forrest and McGill had some nice touches, but otherwise, we are clearly way worse than last season. I've stood this much and I can't stand anymore.

I would say we had the better of the second half. Plenty of crosses into the box without creating any clear cut chances. Really need a bit of steel in midfield. McLachlan and Gilmour a bit powder-puff. McGovern looked OK as did Murphy. Still not sure about McArthur. A bit bombscarish at times. Devlin had a hard time in the first half against a very tricky wee winger. Definite penalty when he was skinned. Donald OK but wasted at left back, a position we need cover for. Thought Donelly, Forest and McGill all played pretty well. Bad scoreline but not too bad a performance given the little time this lot have had to play together. Was very impressed by Clyde in the first half. Even Sinclair looked OK. That's probably him reached his peak for the season.

I just wish we could get a team ready for our first competitive game for a change This seems to happen every season now. Team ill prepared, out of diddly cups early and potential revenue lost, specially this season with Hearts, Hibs and Rangers in it.

The demise has been slow but steady. The level of interest around the town for the club is appalling. For example I attempted to start a chorus of "AYR AYR SUPER AYR" in Morrisons and was huckled out. Pretty annoying cos I had good word from a mate that Frijj milkshakes were selling half price - hence my good spirits as I entered the store.

I could tell the guy at the dry cleaning desk wanted to join in but he was busy dealing with a difficult stain - fair enough professionalism and all that. Even still it's a sign of how far the club has fallen.

Cumnock juniors 3 v 1 Ayr Utd u20s

Youngsters defeated but certainly not disgraced in this one. Cumnock had large squad and it was tough for the kids , who had to dig deep , last 25 mins as Cumnock freshened up with 4 on 4 off. Ayr scored a lovely goal , curling free kick from stevie mccreadie.

Ayr started :

Craig Love , Michael Mossie , Craig McCracken , Martin Campbell , Anton , Craig McGuffie , Stevie McCreadie , David Richardson , James Finlay , Jai Holland , Ryan Nisbet.

Love , Richardson & Holland could all still play u17s so this was a decent performance against Junior " Superleague " opponents by the lads. McGuffie also unlucky not to notch when he slammed the bar from 25 yards out.

I really dont care i cant wait until the day all Killie scum are out of my club before i dont have a club to support Roberts probably enjoyed the 6 1 doing pre season

How many academy successes is there Forrest who came from 1 half of the bigot brothers

I really dont care i cant wait until the day all Killie scum are out of my club before i dont have a club to support Roberts probably enjoyed the 6 1 doing pre season

How many academy successes is there Forrest who came from 1 half of the bigot brothers

clint-eastwood-disgusted-gif.gif

A few points. I only listened to the free commentary on Ayr United media so don't have much claim to an opinion but at no point, according to Kennedy, did we have control.we were being taken apart by some smart passing and a team who knew what they were doing. The two shits that Forrest managed had our lads cold on their heels and looked incapable of turning the rare chance into a goal. It sounded grim!

I used to go to Somerset no matter who we were playing thinking we would win. That's part of being a fan. This hasn't happened for about 4 seasons. At no point lol in 30 years of supporting the club do I remember a shout of Ayr Ayr in a supermarket resulting in folk getting their messages bursting into song. This is not a signal that it's over but already it sounds that our preparation has been proven to be insufficient.

The demise has been slow but steady. The level of interest around the town for the club is appalling. For example I attempted to start a chorus of "AYR AYR SUPER AYR" in Morrisons and was huckled out. Pretty annoying cos I had good word from a mate that Frijj milkshakes were selling half price - hence my good spirits as I entered the store.

I know what you mean mate. I got huckled out a McDonald's in Glasgow in the early hours one weekend for singing Starships were meant to fly.

On the plus side, at least I made it home in one piece.

A few points. I only listened to the free commentary on Ayr United media so don't have much claim to an opinion but at no point, according to Kennedy, did we have control.we were being taken apart by some smart passing and a team who knew what they were doing. The two shits that Forrest managed had our lads cold on their heels and looked incapable of turning the rare chance into a goal. It sounded grim!

I used to go to Somerset no matter who we were playing thinking we would win. That's part of being a fan. This hasn't happened for about 4 seasons. At no point lol in 30 years of supporting the club do I remember a shout of Ayr Ayr in a supermarket resulting in folk getting their messages bursting into song. This is not a signal that it's over but already it sounds that our preparation has been proven to be insufficient.

Shots?

Hutton - rubbish: his kicking is terrible and surrenders so much possession. I think we need to sign a footballing goalkeeper!

Devlin - rubbish in first half: was there any danger he was going to mark his man, make a tackle or even win a header against a midget?

Donald - rubbish: most over-rated player at Somerset. Fair enough his position is left-midfield but offered nothing yesterday

McCarthur - rubbish: drawn all over the place and every time he got near the ball it was a frustrating punt out the park

Murphy - class act: some of his passing was tremendous, and he showed a few lovely touches. Must be wondering what he's got himself into

Gilmour - anonymous: just can't be bothered with him. Aye he can give you skillfull wee changes of direction but so what

Forrest - great young talent but having to do too much himself. Will be a regular and get some goals but we might be relying heavily on him

McLaughlin - rubbish: he's not the great 'complete' midfielder he seems to think he is and I just don't see a leader on the park

Donnelly - frustrating: nothing seemed to stick really. I felt he tried but was easily demoralised. Doubt he'll get too many goals for us

McGovern - disappointing: he clearly has skills but I thought he didn't offer enough yesterday. Will come good I'm sure

McGill - first half out of his depth, second half played very well: seems a very tricky customer but small. Good impact player but needs time

Sub

McKinlay - more like a wrestler, but will be good to have in the side. If he had been on from the start we might have done better as he's clearly an arse-kicker

Altogether the biggest problem was we sat too deep in the first half. We invited Clyde to play in our half, which they were all too happy to do. I didn't think it was a penalty but on the balance of play you couldn't argue with the score at that point. Ayr huffed and puffed, and tried to play some football at times, but this team needs games together, a midfield badass, and a goal-scorer. I see where Peter Price is coming from, as second half we dominated a lot of the ball. It's not much consolation though. We should really have been able to score yesterday but it was all a bit half-arsed and lacked direction.

I decided i was giving Marko a clean slate for the new season. against my better judgement i am going to continue with it

Only seen him once but im not particularly impressed with Murphy, its nice that he can make some clever passes but that becomes irrelevant when he cant tackle (on yesterdays showing only) which is a defenders main job.

Devlin disappointed me after the week before having a good showing against Crusaders (pre season i know)

Hutton & McLaughlin should be made into glue or something

Judging from the highlights on the Clyde site, the body language of the Ayr players at the end of the match was awful. If the manager can't get the selection and the strategy right, then he has to at least get the team emotionally set. Heads shouldn't be down like that before the full-time whistle in the first competitive game of the season. I think that says a lot about Ayr's prospects under Roberts.

Archived