Neil Lennon gone / Next Celtic manager

I can honestly say I've never heard of this Deila fella, but if I was a Celtic fan I'd like the fact they're opening their net a bit wider and going after someone purely on the basis of their managerial ability and nothing else.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He guy has no CL managerial experience at all and his EL qualifying rounds record is P6 W1 D1 L4. Given Celtic's priorities that would concern me.

He guy has no CL managerial experience at all and his EL qualifying rounds record is P6 W1 D1 L4. Given Celtic's priorities that would concern me.

What sort of budgets and squads did the opposition have though?

I can honestly say I've never heard of this Deila fella, but if I was a Celtic fan I'd like the fact they're opening their net a bit wider and going after someone purely on the basis of their managerial ability and nothing else.

I've said that from the start, I'm glad we didn't hire a former player again.

From what I'm seething, apparently he's got good man management skills, likes to play attacking football, the reality is if he signs nobody knows him really. The proof will be in the pudding as the old saying goes

From what I'm seething, apparently he's got good man management skills, likes to play attacking football, the reality is if he signs nobody knows him really. The proof will be in the pudding as the old saying goes

Apparently he has some great contacts throughout the Gulskogen area.

I know Delia has been involved in football for quite a while now, still quite a gamble though...

article-2286272-023A27170000044D-484_634\

Least she's mastered the art of an inspiring team talk.

Granted Atletico Madrid are in there a couple of years ago but last year they got through against Debreceni before getting humped home and away by Jablonec apparently. Hardly Euro giants. Given Celtic's main goal for any season now is to go as far as possible in the CL it's surprising such a Euro rooky is being considered.

I think by hiring someone different from somewhere different you'll be getting a fresh perspective on things from him. It'll also open up a different avenue when it comes to sourcing players, although this probably isn't such a big deal for Celtic and their sizeable scouting network.

It could be a risky move but it's one that could potentially really pay off (but hopefully not :P ).

Sorry for popping my head into the big bhoys thread, however....the board looking everywhere, that their job.

Celtic have been very good over the past few years finding players and selling them for good profit, buy cheap sell on for profit, all Scottish clubs are trying to do this apart from 1. What's wrong with trying with the manager side? I welcome nobodies to Scottish football, as long as they are good and on the way up....it's like all our working dreams, step by step.

2 of the losses were against Atletico, so it's a bit hard to criticise him for that!

The win and draw were against Debrecen of Hungary and the other two losses were against Jablonec of the Czech Republic. UEFA currently have the Czech League ranked 11 places higher than the Norwegian one, so those losses wouldn't have been unexpected either.

“@tedermeatballs: Ronny Deila has emerged as serious candidate for Celtic job. Expect official approach to be made today. Told this could move swiftly.”

I've probably missed this, but why does Keith Jackson deliberately miss-spell his twitter username?

We need someone who can also qualify for the Champions League

I really don't think some people understand for Celtic the league isn't the only priority

The standard of most of the opposition you'll face in qualifying isn't really much higher than your average Premiership side anyway though. Only a complete failure of a manager would somehow manage to not qualify for the group stage.

The standard of most of the opposition you'll face in qualifying isn't really much higher than your average Premiership side anyway though. Only a complete failure of a manager would somehow manage to not qualify for the group stage.

Pish.

Napoli

Bilbao

Leverkusen

Aresenal

Porto

Lille

Dnipro

Zenit

Feyenoord

Besiktas

Liege

Panathanikos

Aalborg

Salzburg

Steau Bucharest

Leiga Warsaw

Zagreb

Red Star

All about on par with St. Johnstone or ICT I would say.

Archived