I worked as a KP and waiter for years and never once saw, did or heard of anyone I worked with doing anything like that. Either I've only ever worked at strange places where we wanted to keep our jobs and not risk getting caught, or these stories are urban myths.

Very rarely will people announce the rest of the staff they have just rubbed their cock on someones dinner.

I would only ever tip waiters/waitresses or barbers and even with barbers it's touch and go.

Saying to a barman 'have one for yourself' is something I've never done and have never seen anyone do. I once had a few drinks with a Yank and she tipped the barman every time - he kept coming over and giving it back to her.

You would tip a waiter for asking you what you want to eat, and him/her spending 2 minutes bringing it to you though?

eta im assuming you don't tip taxi drivers either?

Why should you?

I would only ever tip waiters/waitresses or barbers and even with barbers it's touch and go.

Saying to a barman 'have one for yourself' is something I've never done and have never seen anyone do. I once had a few drinks with a Yank and she tipped the barman every time - he kept coming over and giving it back to her.

I will tip a barber more if they shut the f**k up and cut my hair in silence and don't ask me if im going on holiday.

Very rarely will people announce the rest of the staff they have just rubbed their cock on someones dinner.

So you would remember the face of someone that didn't tip, on the off chance they came into the same place again, in which case you would wait until there was no-one around in the kitchen just so you could rub your cock on their food, which they would never find out about anyway so you would only be doing for your own satisfaction? Seems high-risk for very little return.

In my experience the tendency would simply be not to put as much effort into waiting them as other people.

I'm with Fudge on this. The only reason we tip in this country is because of American movies.

And in America, waiting staff get absolute min. wage so tipping was a way of topping up.

My mate and his family went to Florida for the first time about 10 years ago, and in the first place they went for something to eat their server actually ran out the door after them asking what was wrong with his service to deserve such a shite tip.

From my experience of working in a kitchen for a couple of years, 3-5 nights a week (usually when it was mobbed), Romeo is posting shite.

I'll tip in restaurants and occasionally when I get my hair cut (similarly to Fudge, it's the only place that does a decent job of giving me a good hair cut) but the "quality" of my tip depends on the quality of service/food. Buying someone a pint because they've poured me a pint isn't worthwhile, I wouldn't buy the staff in McDonald's a milkshake because they served me a Big Mac.

Edited by yoda

But that's her job?

I couldn't do it myself, she is better than anyone else who has cut my hair previously and it affects the way I look for a month or so. Literally anyone can pour a pint or bring over a plate of food

From my experience of working in a kitchen for a couple of years, 3-5 nights a week (usually when it was mobbed), Romeo is posting shite.

To be honest about 20+ years ago I know of it happening once. But i would definitely rub my knob on fudge's dinner.

My mate and his family went to Florida for the first time about 10 years ago, and in the first place they went for something to eat their server actually ran out the door after them asking what was wrong with his service to deserve such a shite tip.

It's normal in the States to tip up to around 20%.

Believe me I know. Mrs. Pogen is a Yankee. It causes us no end of bother in restaurants. :rolleyes:

I couldn't do it myself, she is better than anyone else who has cut my hair previously and it affects the way I look for a month or so. Literally anyone can pour a pint or bring over a plate of food

But it's her job, she gets paid to cut your hair that way and for all you know someone else could cut it better.

Double standards.