The routine in Liverpool pubs is good, when you pay you say "and your own" which is usually 20p.

I know a Scouser who's just moved up here with work and she just can't understand why anybody would give her a blank / confused stare whenever she says this.

I know a Scouser who's just moved up here with work and she just can't understand why anybody would give her a blank / confused stare whenever she says this.

They maybe don't understand her accent, never mind what she's actually saying, thick scouse (voice not people) can be a bit OTT, I'm sure a lot of them put in on.

Can't believe people actually think saying "one for yourself" means the staff take the price of a drink. It's usually a quid which goes into tips split by all the staff.

I have come to the conclusion that P&B is full of utterly miserable b*****ds. :P

I did think the 3 straws to a pint was a joke, not so sure now.

Away from the tipping argument, folk with no sense of spatial awareness who stand at the edge of their group and keep bumping into you without apologising.

I have to plead guilty to this. I'm an awkward fucker especially with a few pints on board. Just the other night I backed into some auld boy and spilled about a quarter of his pint.

By the way, how much spillage of someone's drink warrants buying another one for them?

Yeah, always one dickhead.

Pint? Pint? Pint? Pint? Pint? Double vodka and coke?

Don't drink beer? Ah ok.

Walk away thinking gimp.

hate they cvnts.best cure wait your turn and get the tosser a vodka and double scoosh of coke,the watery sugar shit stuff out the font.

Anyone who goes to pubs more than once (at a push twice) a week is a cut and dried loser in life.

What?

The only time it is acceptable on a night out to be glued to your phone is when ordering or awaiting delivery of narcotics.

Correct. Or trying to get a hold of an after party.

Re saying and one for yourself to a barman/woman; this is a frankly stupid and archaic thing to do. Most people who work behind a bar are not allowed to drink on the job (a basic tenet of most employment) and will have to refuse it, leading on occasions to the person offering insisting over and over, rising the ire of the barperson to such an extent that theyll probably think youre an arsehole. Also saying it to an attractive girl working behind the bar will not impress her. I doubt a single woman has dropped her pants after being offered one for yourself. A simple tip jar is far more effective, although I see no reason to actually tip bar people.

Having worked behind the bar (awful job), I found a new level of contempt for the general public. The aforementioned shouting out orders at you when youre serving, waving money, clicking fingers, banging on the bar (I went mental at someone for doing it, leading to us both apologising to each other later); brutal, awful shit. When I worked behind a bar, any one of those things would ensure I ignored you. I think there should be set serving points, like at the post office, and a queue with railings, to ensure that people get served fairly. If you work at a bar when its busy, people arrive from all sides, making it very hard to keep track of who is first, especially since people are such dishonest p***ks who push in and wont tell you that someone was before you, so you will always annoy people and theyll become irrationally impatient. The queue system and serving points would work well (or even just have a queue like they do at the bar at the Barrowlands). When people get served in order, it seems to go a lot quicker as well.

Also no one would ever be allowed to stand or sit at the bar. When its really busy and there are folk sitting at the bar, I want to burn all of humanity as clearly there is no hope for us.

Rounds are usually far more trouble than theyre worth. If someone buys me a pint then Ill always buy them back, but I prefer to quaff beers at my own pace and just buy my own. If someone ever tried the kind of cheap shit mentioned in this thread, laughter would be had and they would get what they bought me or something similar. Luckily none of my friends are tinky jakes who try to rip the piss.

Life and soul ...

Re saying ‘and one for yourself’ to a barman/woman; this is a frankly stupid and archaic thing to do. Most people who work behind a bar are not allowed to drink on the job (a basic tenet of most employment) and will have to refuse it, leading on occasions to the person offering insisting over and over, rising the ire of the barperson to such an extent that they’ll probably think you’re an arsehole. Also saying it to an attractive girl working behind the bar will not impress her. I doubt a single woman has dropped her pants after being offered ‘one for yourself’. A simple tip jar is far more effective, although I see no reason to actually tip bar people.

. [/font][/size]

Regarding the one for yourself thing, don't they just put it in the till and mark drinks up for themselves behind the bar and come in and have them on their night off or after a shift, as opposed to having them at the time?

If I do tip at a bar I would typically give 50p or a pound depending on the size and complexity of the order as opposed to one for yourself right enough.

I probably do tip more than I should (taxis, barbers, bar staff, waiters, window cleaners, everyone really :( ) but I think that's borne from working for tips in a previous life. I fully understand people who've never worked for tips not tipping, I'd almost certainly be the same had I not been on the other side once upon a time.

Anyone who goes to pubs more than once (at a push twice) a week is a cut and dried loser in life.

^^^ Can't get served.

Kylie Minogue - I should be so lucky x5. Then leave. That was my pals m.o. back in the day.

Still makes me smile.

I once put Earth Song by Michael Jackson on in a pub and then left. Glorious scenes. It's ten minutes long.