That's not on either, if you know you're going to drop an eggy fart. Do the decent thing, either let it off in the toilet or go outside. No need to ruin it for everyone else

It's not clever, but I did clear quite a busy pub once. Fcuk knows what I'd been eating, but it was vile, like I'd imagine the whiff you'd get from a beached whale exploding, but in a confined space. Strangely I got a bit of respect for it eventually, when people recovered. I should really find a better class of friends.

That's not on either, if you know you're going to drop an eggy fart. Do the decent thing, either let it off in the toilet or go outside. No need to ruin it for everyone else

I mind a story in the Dunfermline Press where some guy was barred from a pub in the town (Thirsty Kirstys) for always letting off vile bum exhalations. His picture was beside the article as I believe he actually had the cheek to complain about it!

I mind a story in the Dunfermline Press where some guy was barred from a pub in the town (Thirsty Kirstys) for always letting off vile bum exhalations. His picture was beside the article as I believe he actually had the cheek to complain about it!

http://www.wnd.com/2007/03/40802/

Why?

Because it should be possible to have an enjoyable evening without ruining other people's. I imagine we've all, occasionally, done things we regretted and then had to apologise for them when drunk. That's a world of difference to deliberately setting out to ruin other people's evenings.

Just... be nice! It's not that difficult.

I would only ever tip waiters/waitresses or barbers and even with barbers it's touch and go.

Saying to a barman 'have one for yourself' is something I've never done and have never seen anyone do. I once had a few drinks with a Yank and she tipped the barman every time - he kept coming over and giving it back to her.

Tipping in pubs is standard practice where I live in South Manchester.

Pay the barmaid and say ' and your own' and they take 10p or 20p tip.

You dont have to say it every round and no-one is asking you to buy them a drink.

Because if you find stink bombs and ruining peoples' nights hilariously funny at the age of 30, you're either a manchild or a real weirdo.

Name calling. Tut tut. How childish. Please have a word with yourself.

Because it should be possible to have an enjoyable evening without ruining other people's. I imagine we've all, occasionally, done things we regretted and then had to apologise for them when drunk. That's a world of difference to deliberately setting out to ruin other people's evenings.

Just... be nice! It's not that difficult.

I haven't bought stink bombs since I was 13, but this conversation makes me want to.

As luck would have it. I've a stag do this weekend. Surely one of the last.

Edited by Scary Bear

Because it should be possible to have an enjoyable evening without ruining other people's.

It all comes down to this really when you're in a pub(lic house).

That said, I once let off a slow wee depressurisation fart thinking that it would be small and unnoticable. What I learned however is that it's impossible to do this without notice after visiting an all you can eat meat Brazilian style restaurant where you're given copious amounts of garlic beef. Horrendous. :(

Laughed at that. Thirsty's isn't what you'd call an upper class establishment.

Christ, you can smell the stale pish from the bogs at the top of the stairs :barf

Laughed at that. Thirsty's isn't what you'd call an upper class establishment.

Christ, you can smell the stale pish from the bogs at the top of the stairs :barf

Aye it's not the most upmarket venue. You can only imagine just how vile the guy's farts were to earn him a banning from that pub

Well, if you're letting off stinkbombs in nightclubs when you're 30 years old, I'd imagine you'll be dreaming for quite a while.

Am I guilty by association?

Maybe you guys can get together and form a protest group. Against Stag Stinkbombs.

See if someone says to me "get one yourself". If I know them, I will, if I don't know them, then the usual take a quid for the jar sort of thing.

Tbh it only really applies to Christmas and busy times, but I don't exactly work in a busy, mainstream pub. Fwiw there's a lot of things in this thread that are so true and so very annoying to bar staff. My major gripe is those who want hot drinks at 8pm. FFS your mates have all ordered pints or G&T's why the hell do you want a fucking cappuccino!!