Victim blaming (to use a popular P&B accusation).

Nothing wrong with sitting at the bar when it's quiet (occasional chat with bar staff rather than stuck away in an unsociable corner with needless yo-yo-ing for drinks etc), and anyone rocking up right next to you is on a par with the ****s who park in the space next to you in an empty car park (usually with the wing mirror invading your space).

Folk who continue to sit at the bar when the place gets busy on the other hand, now that's a different story. I don't care if they've been there since opening, that's no licence to be a Class 1 arse.

Exactly.  Both of us stated the pub was quiet at the time.  I wouldn't dream of sitting on the bar stool on a Friday or Saturday night.  Midweek when it's dead is perfectly ok.  To do it at busy times is the mark of a dog botherer.

Although I see the purpose of it, folk who just walk up to the table and slam down coins on the side of the table without speaking a word to you whilst you're playing tend to be utter bellends. More so if it's a line of coins saying "as of the end of this game, we have it for four".

Actually, is the coin method even acceptable?

----

We'd been in the pub for about an hour before we decided to have a game of pool. The whole time, the same 3 guys had been playing amongst themselves, and I chapped the table to I could have a game against my cousin. When the game finished, both of us got up to go and play and the winner of the previous game just said "winner stays on, mate."

The pub was fairly quiet, he was going to get back on soon enough, I didn't think it was unreasonable for us to want a couple of games ourselves without being challenged by complete randoms.

We'd been in the pub for about an hour before we decided to have a game of pool. The whole time, the same 3 guys had been playing amongst themselves, and I chapped the table to I could have a game against my cousin. When the game finished, both of us got up to go and play and the winner of the previous game just said "winner stays on, mate."

Aye, that's a load of bollox.

Agree with both above posts. In my experience it's folk that think they are the ronaldo of the pool table that have this mentality. Me and my mates have been challenged once or twice but not in a winner stays on way. It's been a regular saying you seem alright at pool mind if I give you a game type thing.

Exactly. Both of us stated the pub was quiet at the time. I wouldn't dream of sitting on the bar stool on a Friday or Saturday night. Midweek when it's dead is perfectly ok. To do it at busy times is the mark of a dog botherer.

I think you're missing the point. If you're sitting at the bar watching the television, that's fine. However, if someone comes in and orders a drink, they can't simply go to one of the other bars. They need to stand at THE bar. Either hold on a couple of minutes until they're done or move to a seat where your view isn't restricted by people using the bar for its intended purpose.

I can't believe what I'm reading!

Crimes against humanity, both of you.

People have only one place they can order a drink - from the bar. Watchers of telly can choose from dozens of chairs and get a decent view. This is not etiquette, it's your selfishness, in your local or otherwise.

1, The pub was dead so I was bothering nobody where I sat.

Also saved me getting up to buy drinks every 20 mins.

2, The bar is very long. These women could easily have stood on the other side and bothered nobody.

3, Only 1 of the women was the problem.

Why did all 6 of them have to go to the bar when only 1 was buying?

Get a table you morons.

4, The way the pub is shaped and the TVs are positioned, where I was sat was the obvious place to not bother anyone and so I didn't have a massive table for 6 all to myself that I didn't need.

I think you're missing the point. If you're sitting at the bar watching the television, that's fine. However, if someone comes in and orders a drink, they can't simply go to one of the other bars. They need to stand at THE bar. Either hold on a couple of minutes until they're done or move to a seat where your view isn't restricted by people using the bar for its intended purpose.

The size of the bar and where I was sitting, they could easily have went to the other end.

Also why 6 women need to go up is also in question here.

Amazingly when the 4 guys came in who looked like contractor types only 1 went to the bar and he asked me if he was blocking my view.

Well no, I think you have with respect.  I stated there was plenty of other bar space to stand and wait to be served.  Not right beside the guy who's sitting watching the tv, and who's view is now getting blocked.

We had that on holiday. Watching the big TV these two lassies sat at the table in front. Not actually blocking it I'll add, but after about 10 minutes demanded that my mate and I stopped staring at them. :lol:

Tbf if the football wasn't on I probably would have been!

I will add my hatred to those who sit at the bar when it's heaving. It shouldn't be allowed.

In a way I blame the pubs.

They must see customers struggling to get near the bar and lifting drinks over patrons sat at the bar.

Here's a crazy idea.

When the pub starts to get busy or as policy at weekends, take the seats away.

Wetherspoons don't have seats at the bar. They're quite successful at the pub game

If you're playing someone at pool, especially a complete stranger  paedo in Fife, DO NOT fanny about talking to your mates when the other person is waiting on you taking your shot. And if you are a mere spectator, move if asked, it's a bit tricky to take a shot with your cue at a near-vertical angle.

FTFY

Drinking is for wankers tbh. There's not a human being alive who doesn't turn into a complete bellend when drunk enough.

Amazing this toxin is not only allowed by society but venerated. Most violent crime is a result of alcohol. A more enlightened society would see cannabis replace alcohol.

Edited by Peppino Impastato

Drinking is for wankers tbh. There's not a human being alive who doesn't turn into a complete bellend when drunk enough.

Amazing this toxin is not only allowed by society but venerated. Most violent crime is a result of alcohol. A more enlightened society would see cannabis replace alcohol.

Shut up.

Wow.

I bet you're a great laugh on a night out.

I turn into a complete legend.