The Edinburgh one is pretty good, so I'd imagine if have probably fallen asleep there if I'd gone.

I was in the Edinburgh one last Saturday, really nice pub. Can't remember the name of the beer we had but it was phenomenal. 

The main one in Leeds is a bit soulless. It's weird because it's a nice building, OK beer selection, but the place just feels a bit depressing for some reason.

Might just be in comparison with other pubs in Leeds though. The pubs here are fantastic, every pub seems to have a good beer selection.

Stoners aren't worse than drunks, not sure what stoners folk have been hanging around with :lol:. Weeds class genuinely better than booze for me, much more fun. Wouldn't touch powder or swedgers though, folk turn into complete cretinous arseholes when they take either.

Worse part about it is the folk who take them think there class on a night out but the majority of the time ruin it for everyone else, shite patter. If you can't have a laugh and a decent night out without being pilled up you must be a complete dullard.

Weeds alright but gets boring pretty quickly, most of the boys i know that smoke it are anti-social at times aswell. Trying to get them to do anything such as going to the football, game of pool, up town etc is virtually impossible most of the time. Personally think you get a much better laugh/night on the bevvy. Everyone's different though.

Weeds alright but gets boring pretty quickly, most of the boys i know that smoke it are anti-social at times aswell. Trying to get them to do anything such as going to the football, game of pool, up town etc is virtually impossible most of the time. Personally think you get a much better laugh/night on the bevvy. Everyone's different though.

Yeah seems to have a different effect on different people, also depends on how much you smoke too.

The main one in Leeds is a bit soulless. It's weird because it's a nice building, OK beer selection, but the place just feels a bit depressing for some reason.

Might just be in comparison with other pubs in Leeds though. The pubs here are fantastic, every pub seems to have a good beer selection.

I'll be putting that to the test at the end of April. When I'm passing through, I usually go into Tapped which is dear but loads of choice and quality.

Worse part about it is the folk who take them think there class on a night out but the majority of the time ruin it for everyone else, shite patter. If you can't have a laugh and a decent night out without being pilled up you must be a complete dullard.

Swedgers actually give you a bit more than "a laugh and a decent night" trust me  ;)

I love a spoons, although Lloyds can f**k off. Cheap pints, plenty variety, go through the barrels quick so usually a good pint.

No music, young people or women. Just chatting shite about pink Floyd albums or horse racing with your mate.

Yeah they stink and are full of weirdos but pubs are meant to be like that.

My top 5

1. Counting House Dundee - home

2. Counting House Glasgow - home from home handy for queen street

3. Jolly's Broughty Ferry nice wee sun trap beer garden

4. Standing Order Edinburgh - best of the bank refurbs

5. Sandpiper Glasgow airport - happy memories getting pished before flights.

Actually I'm putting in the Union St one in Aberdeen too as that's always the pre pittodrie boozer.

The Counting House in Glasgow has a ridiculously large bar counter with insufficient/incompetent staff and so it takes ages to get served. Camperdown Place under the station has a smaller selection but involves prompt, obvious service.

The Counting House in Glasgow has a ridiculously large bar counter with insufficient/incompetent staff and so it takes ages to get served. Camperdown Place under the station has a smaller selection but involves prompt, obvious service.

You're right about Camperdown being better, but there are some (most) wetherspoons that if you were the only one in the pub with 50 staff you'd still have to wait.

It is great to be able to sit in comfort with a pint and cigarette at the Counting House with 5 minutes before your train leaves. Don't know why chain pubs always seem to have a really shitty bar service though, standing chatting with each other and ignoring customers. Maybe it's because they're treated like shit?

P.S. Sorry, meant the Camperdown and the staff there have been pretty good compared to most chain pubs. 

Edited by welshbairn

The Wetherspoons in Inverness is always a laugh.  Folk all seem to queue at one end of the bar as if they're waiting in line at a supermarket.  Which leaves the rest of the 50ft plus length of bar for the non-simpletons to get served instantly.