Don't leave a pint unattended when going for a pish. Drink it first

Agreed - I think it's a subconscious decision for me to go for a pee before I order a pint or just after I have finished one. No real excuse for having to leave your pint for a toilet break unless it's a sudden bowel movement.

have cash in a busy bar,is there anything worse than some c**t getting 1 pint and paying by debit card when theres a bank 3m from the pub!

Can we outdate this now? So long as you're using contactless then it's actually now quicker than handing over a crisp £20 for a cheap pint innit?

Agreed - I think it's a subconscious decision for me to go for a pee before I order a pint or just after I have finished one. No real excuse for having to leave your pint for a toilet break unless it's a sudden bowel movement.

Yup, I'm the same. Also I've admittedly put my penis in a couple of folk's pints when they were away for a pish. Not done it in years mind

Can we outdate this now? So long as you're using contactless then it's actually now quicker than handing over a crisp £20 for a cheap pint innit?

Not necessarily. You'll probably find a lot of bars only have one or two card machines. If they're constantly being passed around between staff members in a busy bar then you could still be quicker to pay by cash.

Not necessarily. You'll probably find a lot of bars only have one or two card machines. If they're constantly being passed around between staff members in a busy bar then you could still be quicker to pay by cash.

They should get enough card machines then.

They should get enough card machines then.

Pish. It's common for pubs to have limited/no card machines. Just take cash and keep everyone happy.

The pub closest to me doesn't accept card but everywhere else I have been to has done. Would still withdraw cash If I'm going for pints but this is to stick within a set budget - don't see why a customer should feel they need to withdraw cash to keep everyone happy as you say.

Considering how much it costs a pub to have a card machine it's hardly surprising that they have very few. Especially small, locals.

Costs them up to a quid for each transaction too, or so they claim.

Costs them up to a quid for each transaction too, or so they claim.

Nah that's not true, Barclays take 1.58% of each transaction made, I guess if you count the 4 figure sum only costs per machine a year, it might be a bit closer.

If it's a pub that serves food then not having a card machine is going to cause some problems - cash is fine when its just drinks and 3-10 quid at a time or what not but if your paying for a meal for 4 + and your told they don't accept card then it's going to be a pain in the arse. Unless it's just me who doesn't like walking about with that much cash on me.

I don't use card ever, purely as I can't keep track of what I'm spending that way. However if your in a boozer with contactless and I'm using coins id would say it takes a lot longer for me to pay cash.