Heart of Midlothian 2014-

7 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Serious question for hearts fans.

Has something changed in the neilson era that has caused this anger against him/Levein?

Having lived through the Jimmy calderwood era I know what it's like for people looking in from the outside to not understand criticism of what seems like a successful stewardship but I am interested.

Has there been a marked change In style of football since the championship season?

I think Jimmy Calderwood is probably quite a good comparison, in terms of how people feel about him. Not very exciting football, a poor cup record and a general sense that we're more likely to fall short of expectations rather than to exceed them. 

He's got enough credit in the bank to be given a chance to prove he's not a Calderwood but he's under a fair bit of pressure this season.

19 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Has something changed in the neilson era that has caused this anger against him/Levein?

Having lived through the Jimmy calderwood era I know what it's like for people looking in from the outside to not understand criticism of what seems like a successful stewardship but I am interested.

Has there been a marked change In style of football since the championship season?

As discussed earlier we're playing teams who are a bit better and know what to expect. In the Championship we had enough space and time to play the kind of football that really good teams play (only slower) in the top flight we've had to work harder to stop other teams playing.

But there's a subtext to all this as well.

At least part of the discontent is actually displaced anger from the current administration banning of a collection of naughty boys, and naughty men, from the stadium in an effort to "clean the place up"/"destroy the atmosphere" (delete according to prejudice)

And we're historically a pretty grumpy bunch anyway.

Won Hibs the cup and publicly mugged off the fans. Should have been gone long ago.

Many wanting to play the waiting game to see if things turn around, even though things always inevitably end in failure once we've reached the point we are now. Denial about the perpetual long-term disappointment that lies ahead and desperatation to come across as "sensible" is all it is for the happy clappers still supporting him/them.

Edited by Elixir

It's just a loud minority that want him gone.   Personally I'm quite positive about the season ahead.  Watt and Sammon starting to look like a decent partnership,  Bjorn Johnson still to come in and looking solid at the back.  Pretty light in midfield but hopefully we can get one or two in there. 

Basically a bunch of fannies were banned for... well being fannies and pretty much started loudly slating Budge, Levein and Neilson from that point for every little thing that was done.   Obviously the results haven't been great this season so far but hardly a sackable offence at this stage.

Too early to tell at this stage but we've been shit since new year and I don't think Neilson is smart enough to change it up when other managers can. Add to that we are murder to watch and the Birkirkara result, the most embarrassing I can remember, then his peg should be getting a little shoogley. There's no way Budge will sack him unless we go on a terrible run which isn't likely in this league. 

I accepted the more pragmatic approach last season, as first and foremost you have to be solid to make sure you don't lose.  The Hibs cup game was very poor, but on the other hand you have to credit Hibs for their performance as they're clearly a decent team.

This year I expect better.  The cup games have been a big disappointment already, especially Europe against a very poor outfit.  I'm nowhere near the Robbie Oot stage but a minority are and they're becoming a bigger minority.  More attacking football and clear signs of improvement needed.

The league firm this season has actually been ok but we need to start winning games very quickly.

24 minutes ago, Eric said:

It's just a loud minority that want him gone.   Personally I'm quite positive about the season ahead.  Watt and Sammon starting to look like a decent partnership,  Bjorn Johnson still to come in and looking solid at the back.  Pretty light in midfield but hopefully we can get one or two in there. 

Basically a bunch of fannies were banned for... well being fannies and pretty much started loudly slating Budge, Levein and Neilson from that point for every little thing that was done.   Obviously the results haven't been great this season so far but hardly a sackable offence at this stage.

Only the soft in the head believe/think Mr Levein is not sticking his oar in.

Neilson went from putting the cones out for Locke to first team coach overnight.

There are stories of Mr Levein going in the dressing room at halftime and getting involved at training.

As somebody posted further up the thread. When Mr Levein gets tired of his little plaything-he will replace him with another yes man from his stable.

We're absolutely torture to watch endure. It's soul destroying going into games against the poorer teams knowing the management will be over the moon with a 0-0 draw.

And for the record, I'm absolutely delighted the rancid wee sectarian plebs got chucked, so that ****s that little theory.

7 minutes ago, Winston Churchill said:

Only the soft in the head believe/think Mr Levein is not sticking his oar in.

Neilson went from putting the cones out for Locke to first team coach overnight.

There are stories of Mr Levein going in the dressing room at halftime and getting involved at training.

As somebody posted further up the thread. When Mr Levein gets tired of his little plaything-he will replace him with another yes man from his stable.

I don't think I suggested that one way or another in what I said but for the record I think it's been well documented that Neilson seeks advice for Levein on certain things but I wouldn't call that sticking your oar in.  Thats one of the things he's there to do give advice.   Why would Levein not just take the managers job himself if he wanted it so much?

11 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

We're absolutely torture to watch endure. It's soul destroying going into games against the poorer teams knowing the management will be over the moon with a 0-0 draw.

And for the record, I'm absolutely delighted the rancid wee sectarian plebs got chucked, so that ****s that little theory.

True we've not been great at times but Celtic and St Johnstone this season we've come out and given it a go and Neilson still get slated so can't really win(unless he wins every single game).  Aberdeen was dull but not a bad result.

15 minutes ago, Eric said:

True we've not been great at times but Celtic and St Johnstone this season we've come out and given it a go and Neilson still get slated so can't really win(unless he wins every single game).  Aberdeen was dull but not a bad result.

I certainly don't expect Hearts to win every game. I expect them to at least try to, however.

Say what you like about Craig Levein's football philosophy. He has bags of experience in management, was the national manager and was a fantastic player to boot.

If you have someone like that as your DOF, You want him to have a hand in things. Especially when you have a rookie manager in his first gig.

I'm just as p****d off with the football on show as the next fan. But why people are bemused by his involvement in dressing room matters is beyond me.

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

He's got more and more defensive since about Oct/Nov last year.  Trying to hold on to narrow leads against pish and failing to do so fairly regularly.

He's also curtailed the attacking instincts of a few of our more offensive players (ie. Nicolson & Patterson) and our gameplan away from home is an absolute disgrace (even against guff that we should be pumping).

It's awful to watch and has led to me picking and chosing my away games as more often than not I end up seriously pissed off as the tactics cost us.

14 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Wonder what it would take for Mr Levein to get the tracksuit on again.

after watching Jordan McGhee's defending at Pittodrie last season I was hoping he'd get his boots back on.......

9 hours ago, Eric said:

It's just a loud minority that want him gone. Personally I'm quite positive about the season ahead.  Watt and Sammon starting to look like a decent partnership,  Bjorn Johnson still to come in and looking solid at the back.  Pretty light in midfield but hopefully we can get one or two in there.

Loud minority. :lol:

A partnership that has delivered no goals but plenty of sitters so far. Sammon is a useless huddy c**t. Anyone with sense knew he was going to be an abysmal signing. Not holding out any hope for the massive Yank getting the ball pumped to him either.

As for looking solid at the back... our defence has been absolutely reeking up until Saturday where Aberdeen's single shot on target helped in that regard.

We won't sign anyone creative in midfield as it doesn't suit Phoodle/Levein's style.