Heart of Midlothian 2014-

I saw him play against us in the New Year derby, saw he'd been released immediately afterwards and though that would be the last we heard of him. To be honest I'm amazed Hearts have signed him.
I don't see how he improves the left back position at all if that's a perceived weak area for Hearts.  Someone on Steelman Online described him as "the worst professional footballer I've ever seen".  I wouldn't go that far but he was absolute fucking garbage.
But maybe he was better in the other 5 matches he started for Accies.

Similarly to Ya Bezzer when I read he'd be released by Accies I thought he'd disappear. I thought he was absolutely abysmal in the recent derby against us, genuinely looked like a competition winner had been allowed to play at left back.

To be fair that is the one and only time I've seen him play so he could have just had a stinker that day.

4 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Very surprised hearts have signed him didn't look great for us, but know that he did turn down an extension with us. So he must've known Hearts were after him fair play to him.

He can play CB, LB & LWB which is nice but he's a pretty average a player.

Is he shite in all of those positions aye?

Not got high hopes for this guy tbh but then everyone we've signed that I'd thought might be decent have been torture so you never know.

5 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Very surprised hearts have signed him didn't look great for us, but know that he did turn down an extension with us. So he must've known Hearts were after him fair play to him.

He can play CB, LB & LWB which is nice but he's a pretty average a player.

Great news. Very versatile.

Always good to have players who -to quote Only An Excuse - 'can't do just about anything'.

1 hour ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

Hughes will be a decent signing for hearts. Certainly an upgrade on some of the dross Neilson signed at centre half anyway.

I think so too.  I reckon he will be away back to India when their league begins again though. 

23 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

I saw him play against us in the New Year derby, saw he'd been released immediately afterwards and though that would be the last we heard of him. To be honest I'm amazed Hearts have signed him.

I don't see how he improves the left back position at all if that's a perceived weak area for Hearts.  Someone on Steelman Online described him as "the worst professional footballer I've ever seen" .  I wouldn't go that far but he was absolute fucking garbage.

But maybe he was better in the other 5 matches he started for Accies.

That's a pretty big call from a fan of a team that had Tony Straker at left back.

If I'm honest, I'm a wee bit fed up of versatile players who 'can' play in multiple positions - yes we know Djoum and Cowie can play wide, but they're not at their best there, are they?

I think I'd sooner hear a player say 'I'm a striker, and I pure score loads o' goals/I'm a right winger, and I cross the ball like f**k/I'm a left winger, and I skin people with skill and pace/I'm a centre-half, and I can clear set pieces and tackle like f**k!'

3 hours ago, paranoid android said:

If I'm honest, I'm a wee bit fed up of versatile players who 'can' play in multiple positions - yes we know Djoum and Cowie can play wide, but they're not at their best there, are they?

I think I'd sooner hear a player say 'I'm a striker, and I pure score loads o' goals/I'm a right winger, and I cross the ball like f**k/I'm a left winger, and I skin people with skill and pace/I'm a centre-half, and I can clear set pieces and tackle like f**k!'

The whole 'versatile' thing is a lot of shite, anyone can play anywhere, doesn't mean they'll be any good in multiple positions, Cowie can play wide - is he any use out wide? No.