Heart of Midlothian 2014-

• 3 weeks later...
I actually understood what he was attempting to say.

But still, you just don't say stuff like that. Naive in the extreme.

I also get what he means, but he's wrong. After the first 15/20 mins we were sloppy with the ball, didn't press well, weren't organised and generally dogshit.

What is annoying me about this is the fact Foundation of Hearts haven't said a peep, despite the fact people are, and presumably will continue to, cancelling their subscriptions (which is pathetic anyway, btw).

They should be acting as a separate entity to the football club before they have taken over and voice their concerns about the direction that we are heading at the moment which is in to total apathy. The sooner the FOH raise enough money then they will look to buy out Ann Budge and take over the club, so surely it would be in their best interest to do everything they can to keep subscriptions and grow them?

Edit: I'm shite with working this off my phone but if someone can quote the first aim of the Foundation of Hearts on their website then it should reinforce my point a bit. Something about working in partnership with Ann Budge to work at rebuilding Hearts in a positive fashion.

Edited by GorgieRoad

13 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

I've said it before - if Cathro goes, Levein has to go too.

How long do they get?

I'm guessing Hearts are going to have a problem with season ticket sales, because if people think the capacity is going up and as such you'll be able to get good seats as a walk up for any game, and given the current on the pitch issues, then ST sales may collapse. And at that point presumably Cathro would have to go.

Worth noting that was the worst Hearts support at McDiarmid I can remember, even worse than in your relegation season.  Not one single song either.

Worth noting that was the worst Hearts support at McDiarmid I can remember, even worse than in your relegation season.  Not one single song either.

When you've got an uninspiring robot in the dugout and a team that's in freefall you can hardly blame them tbf.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

We sold out on the first day of the season in Perth in our relegation season so what do you mean?

Laugh at the shite team all you want but a St Johnstone fan can never mock another support. 

Our Twitter announced we still had more than a thousand there tonight. I imagine he means purely in terms of how vocal they were rather than the numbers? I don't know how anyone could have even considered going, mind. :lol:

Ian Cathro is nothing more than an Ian Barraclough - Embra' Edition.

Passes himself off as a 'modern' coach when all he is is some awful little egotistical chancer with 'progressive' ideas but no talent, no managerial ability or even a basic grasp on reality.  This type live in a world of 'theories' that should work but never actually do, something they cannot and will not accept, until they are politely asked to go through a door and have a fire escape closed behind them. 

Before you know it they are assistant managing Oldham straight towards non league status or selling Nissan Micras at a car show room in Worksop.

Cathro's as deluded as the fans that fall for this guff which such credulous ease.  We've had a few through our club and it never ends well. 

Cathro's stint in charge at Hearts is like a mouse dreaming of being a lion while being chewed on by a tabby called Skittles.

6 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Ian Cathro is nothing more than an Ian Barraclough - Embra' Edition.

Passes himself off as a 'modern' coach when all he is is some awful little egotistical chancer with 'progressive' ideas but no talent, no managerial ability or even a basic grasp on reality.  This type live in a world of 'theories' that should work but never actually do, something they cannot and will not accept, until they are politely asked to go through a door and have a fire escape closed behind them. 

Before you know it they are assistant managing Oldham straight towards non league status or selling Nissan Micras at a car show room in Worksop.

Cathro's as deluded as the fans that fall for this guff which such credulous ease.  We've had a few through our club and it never ends well. 

Cathro's stint in charge at Hearts is like a mouse dreaming of being a lion while being chewed on by a tabby called Skittles.

The other modern day coach Fox was in charge at Cowdenbeath and look how that went.

I remember watching Cathro coaching a bunch of school kids years ago and to this day have never forgotten his words of wisdom to them. 

Keep the ball I don't want to see player's taking on defender's, if the pass isn't on we will play a pass backwards and start again ??  Kids....

The man or wee boy, cannot grasp the fact that football is not about what you write on a clipboard it's about giving player's freedom to play and express themselves on a football field, he is happy with 80% possession and losing three nil. 

3 minutes ago, wullie robb said:

The other modern day coach Fox was in charge at Cowdenbeath and look how that went.

I remember watching Cathro coaching a bunch of school kids years ago and to this day have never forgotten his words of wisdom to them. 

Keep the ball I don't want to see player's taking on defender's, if the pass isn't on we will play a pass backwards and start again ??  Kids....

The man or wee boy, cannot grasp the fact that football is not about what you write on a clipboard it's about giving player's freedom to play and express themselves on a football field, he is happy with 80% possession and losing three nil. 

He isn't happy with that. 

It's not going well obviously but we should stick with him. There's no point in giving a young guy with potential whose in his first top job half a season to come good. We are in no danger of relegation so, although we are pish just now, I will lump it until the end of the season.

He'll be learning a lot, Cathro and MacPhee aren't daft. If they get recruitment right (big if granted) and with a pre-season I think we'll be a side worth watching next season. I've seen glimpses of the football I want to see so I'm happy to allow the time for him to get it right.

He's had a few hurdles too. The squad he was left wasn't great IMO. Neilson did get more out of it however we were crap to watch then too. I don't remember many voices of complaint when he bravely ripped the squad up in January. The six month wonders don't give a f**k and I think added to Levein undermining him he's struggling to get the player's to buy into what he's about. Then factor in Funk getting injured. I wonder how Neilson's first half of the season would look without him bailing us out?

Judge him next season, if it's not working as we approach the winter he should be emptied and Mr Levein along with him. I really can't be fucked with the arrogant setup we have here but as he and it aren't going anywhere we need to accept it will take longer than half a season to work.