Heart of Midlothian 2014-

Why is everyone assuming that because we're seething with last nights result that we want to sack Cathro? I haven't a movement calling for that, let alone a few people. 

Just because we started to really turn against Neilson after last year's derby debacles doesn't mean we're doing the same this year - the contexts are entirely different. 

Why is everyone assuming that because we're seething with last nights result that we want to sack Cathro? I haven't a movement calling for that, let alone a few people. 
Just because we started to really turn against Neilson after last year's derby debacles doesn't mean we're doing the same this year - the contexts are entirely different. 

Agreed! For every #cathroout type post I've seen on twitter, there's plenty other folk disagreeing. Half a team came in in Jan. The same the window before and a new manager in between. No wonder we're unpredictable. It's frustrating seeing us play so well a few weeks ago then so badly last night but it's not exactly a great idea to rip it up and start again.

The only person I've seen calling for Cathro to go is that weapons grade arsehole Ewan Cameron. I've been pleasantly surprised that the majority of reactions I've seen is that we need to give him time and a full Summer transfer window to work with. 

I've just said this on the match thread, but it links up nicely to follow on from your comments on "ripping it up" - Cathro clearly didn't like the squad he inherited. The problem is that the January transfer window is a not good for completely rebuilding a squad, which we've done. So as far as signings go, the only two I think we can clearly start judging in the medium and long term is Isma, as we paid money for him; and Martin, who we gave a three and a half year deal (shudder). 

This Summer will another offseason of lots of incomings and departures. That is clear, and needed. The fact we've had such a high turnover of players is an issue I put solely to Levein. He is the one we should be questioning, I think, rather than Cathro at this time. 

I've seen a few folk calling for him to go, also absolute weapons.
The turnover of players has to lie with levein, it's his job to control that. Paterson and Souttar getting injured obviously weren't in the script, a decent offer for Rossi probably wasn't either.
Reassess around this time next year and see if the squad is more settled and performing better.
If we sack the laptop now, who do we get?

Generally, anything Ewan Cameron says is the polar opposite of what anyone with more than one functioning brain cell would think.

Cathro kicked himself in the balls last night, but he needs to get on with it and rectify the lack of heart in the team when it's important and bring in players with character.  It's a big disappointment we're not further down the line with the squad but this summer was a shambles recruitment wise.   I trust him and MacPhee to scout the right people.

You've every right to be delighted with last nights victory....but.....whilst you're playing in the second tier of Scottish football this result just looks like a cup shock. :angel

Considering Hibs were favourites and we are also the holders, it wasn't a shock at all m8.

17 hours ago, O-Bizzle said:

I agree mate, Cathro should be given an extended contracted and 2 extra laptops :thumsup2

I think Cathro needs time.  Losing the players who I thought were Hearts' two best defenders (Souttar and Patterson) is really difficult and the winter market isn't the best place to go shopping for good replacements.  I think 4th looks probable this season and they can do a proper re-assessment in the summer.