Heart of Midlothian 2014-

On 23 December 2016 at 07:47, supermik said:

Cathro is just a walking soundbite. It's like he's reading some kind of football instruction manual every time he says something. He has all the chat but unfortunately he does not have the tools at his disposal to back up his words. Kind of doubt if he will ever have the squad to make his dreams come true no matter where he goes.

On 23 December 2016 at 21:42, supermik said:

image.jpeg

:whistle

Shame about Ian Cathro. Genuinely seemed like an intelligent lad.
He's still only 31. Reckon he got time to improve his skills and land a gig elsewhere.

The interview he gave the other day on radio Scotland was a bit bizarre. He was definitely losing it a little.

Probably needs a good few months off but I reckon if he's a smart guy who learns from experience then he could bounce back successfully (albeit starting a bit lower down the leagues).

What kind of bent over backwards logic is this? You don't want Hearts to go for Hartley because he'd improve Hearts but you'd be happy for Tommy Wright - who's a much better manager than Hartley - to go there? :lol: 

Hearts are going to improve no matter who takes over therefore it's better if one of our other rivals gets fucked up.

Simples.

Just now, Fifespud said:

Hearts are going to improve no matter who takes over therefore it's better if one of our other rivals gets fucked up.

Simples.

Not sure a team who can't get within 20 points of us is a rival tbqhwy.

I get Levein isn't popular with Hearts fans due to his involvement in the whole Cathro episode etc, but I think he might well be their best bet at this stage.

Its very late on for a new manager to get to know his squad and best team. Most decent managers will be under contract and money is an issue. Hearts have a top 6 squad of experienced pros who just need disciplined and organised.  Levein for one season might not be thrilling, but he'd steady the ship and you'd know relegation would never be an issue under him.  Give an opportunity to take time over the right appointment.

Abuse incoming in 3 2 1 ....

2 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I get Levein isn't popular with Hearts fans due to his involvement in the whole Cathro episode etc, but I think he might well be their best bet at this stage.

Its very late on for a new manager to get to know his squad and best team. Most decent managers will be under contract and money is an issue. Hearts have a top 6 squad of experienced pros who just need disciplined and organised.  Levein for one season might not be thrilling, but he'd steady the ship and you'd know relegation would never be an issue under him.  Give an opportunity to take time over the right appointment.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if that situation happened for the time being, unless they already have someone in mind, and I really don't think they will. 

Realistically, think this season is going to be another flop, however I am glad they have acted now, rather than leave it too late.

Just now, PauloPerth said:

Yeah I'd be happy enough with that, I think Levein is decent enough. I never really had an issue with him over the Cathro thing, the point was supposed to be that he'd help him so I never got the whole outcry over it because it was basically highlighted on BT sport.

Its a shame that it hasn't worked out with Cathro, I am still glad that Hearts tried something different than the usual old faces. I'd have felt better if those fucking knobs such as Boyd weren't gloating over their monster munch either.

Just as annoying as folk banging on about how "old school coaching" is the only coaching, is the number of people insisting that this doesn't back up the folk banging on about how "old school coaching" is the only coaching.

It's football Luddites versus football hipsters, and both sides are horribly, horribly ugly.  Alan Brazil versus Jonathan Wilson, as it were.