Heart of Midlothian 2014-

9 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

e63c201df621cffdac1cd04b54803a76.jpg

Proof is the the pudding (which is probably in Boyd's belly).

Well the above is almost correct, proof he is a pudding! Or is 'the the' a reference to the team he truly supports?

Christ, even a blind man throwing darts at a board will hit bullseye eventually, it proves nothing about Boyd's 'knowledge' of anything.

Well the above is almost correct, proof he is a pudding! Or is 'the the' a reference to the team he truly supports?
Christ, even a blind man throwing darts at a board will hit bullseye eventually, it proves nothing about Boyd's 'knowledge' of anything.

Erm I'm not so sure. I would argue that, for the most part, someone who has played the game would know more than most of those who haven't.

Even, and I can't believe I'm saying this, someone like Derek Ferguson who speaks the way I'd imagine Boyd types.

6 minutes ago, WeAreElgin said:

Cathro punted after going out in the first round of a tin pot trophy

Glorious Hearts indeed

Paulo Sergio's Hearts lost to Ayr United in their first outing in the League Cup but that was quickly forgotten

This time round there was a group stage

To paraphrase Oscar Wilde, "Being on the wrong end of one 'Cup upset' story may be seen as misfortune but two in quick succession looks like carelessness"

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

6 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Erm I'm not so sure. I would argue that, for the most part, someone who has played the game would know more than most of those who haven't.

Even, and I can't believe I'm saying this, someone like Derek Ferguson who speaks the way I'd imagine Boyd types.

I highly doubt Boyd even knows he has been playing football all these years!

What is the point in Levein being there? Like, literally, what does he do? I'm not against different models at football clubs, but if you've got an experienced manager like him, why is he not just managing (some may say he was..) the team? Or getting out the way so they can get a proper manager in? Cathro was a failure, but it's not a surprise, he was completely unqualified for the job, you can't really blame him for being out his depth. Levein is the one who is majorly at fault here, appointing someone to satisfy his own ego who has crashed and burned.

As far as I can tell Levein's main job is to oversee recruitment of both coaches and players. Well both have been a total disaster, and as that is his remit he should be taking the blame. If Cathro had turned out to be the next Mourinho then Levein would have been hailed a genius, so it's only right that he gets stick for this. What self-respecting manager will accept working with Levein? They are either going to have to continue to gamble on hit or miss young managers (which a club like Hearts should not be doing), or he'll have to get out the way.

I highly doubt Boyd even knows he has been playing football all these years!

Now you are just talking shite for the sake of it. You could ghostwrite the column in The Sun for big Boydy.

42 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Hearts are keen to develop a model where they promote from within.

There's already someone at Hearts who knows the club and the team. Someone from the outside would take time to get to know both.

This man however not only has the knowledge and experience, but has the education.

I am of course referring to Gary Locke. Make it happen Hearts.

Cheers m9, best laugh today, comedy gold!!

:lol:, yeah, look at his record with Raith, Locke will  do a job for the Hearts right enough!!

48 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Don't think it's that much of a stretch. Boyd said he wasn't right for the job and it wouldn't work, everyone laughed, 7 months later Cathro is sacked with a win % that probably rivals that of Gary Locke when he was managing us.

26 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Now you are just talking shite for the sake of it. You could ghostwrite the column in The Sun for big Boydy.

Love the fact you've managed to open and close your own conversation, truly remarkable.

20 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It baffles me so many are suggesting Alex Neil.

Isn't he at Preston North End now? I think he's a great manager, if he'd still been unemployed I would have happily had him at Hearts.

Shame the Cathro appointment never worked out and still think it was a gamble worth taking.  If Boyd et al had simply said it's a gamble they felt wouldn't work out then fair enough, but he had a go at him personally and dismissed modern methodology because it was something he wasn't used to seeing.  Just because Cathro never worked out doesn't mean people with no playing background can't manage, it's the same argument when the Scotland job comes up that we shouldn't go for a foreigner because Vogts was a disaster.

Some of the shouts for the new manager are woeful.  I hope we go for someone who isn't an ex-Hearts player tbh, sick of ending up annoyed at people I once liked.  I'd like to see Archibald but not sure if he'll even be in the running.