Heart of Midlothian 2014-

2 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Gretna...

True. But Gretna didn't have the 3rd/4th biggest turnover in the country to begin with. 

It's shameful that we've had to ask non playing staff to cut their wages already. Can we take Budge's plaque down yet? 

3 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

Are players not entitled to their full contract being honoured unless they request a transfer?

Yes, but they can be made to feel guilty as f**k watching all the other staff get their jotters if they don't take a cut / release.

1 minute ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Hearts know full well no other clubs will be recruiting anytime soon so their players have no choice but to accept pay cut or have no income for 4/5 months. Horrible situation for players and other staff.

Oh, they will have a choice. There may be moral pressure to to help the club, but legally they can sit tight and ask for their contracts to be honoured. However, along with big chunks of the economy, there will be no significant income for football clubs for the next 4-5 months. Almost every Scottish club is going to need to do similar. At this stage of the season, I'll be surprised if any club can survive to August+ without season ticket sales or major shareholder input or huge bank overdrafts or brutal cuts. Hearts may be slightly ahead of the pack thanks to an inflated squad and hospitality being in-house, but this  may just be Budge being first to bite the bullet. 

23 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Oh, they will have a choice. There may be moral pressure to to help the club, but legally they can sit tight and ask for their contracts to be honoured. However, along with big chunks of the economy, there will be no significant income for football clubs for the next 4-5 months. Almost every Scottish club is going to need to do similar. At this stage of the season, I'll be surprised if any club can survive to August+ without season ticket sales or major shareholder input or huge bank overdrafts or brutal cuts. Hearts may be slightly ahead of the pack thanks to an inflated squad and hospitality being in-house, but this  may just be Budge being first to bite the bullet. 

I think that's pretty close tbh.  Have we overspent? Undoubtedly. 

But almost every club in Scotland.budgets through to ST sale time.  Instead of making it to that point we are going to go 6 months with no income and all the extra money we spent getting facilities to sell during the week is a goner too.  Also not sure what doing it early matters, if we'd held off til the end of April is it better? If we know we need to cut costs, we need to cut costs.

I'm disappointed with it, but it'll happen to others.  I'm more disappointed with the pay cut being 50% across the board, should never be that much for the non playing staff of we could avoid it.  

Just my opinion, but the time for laughing and pointing at Hearts, or any club, has now gone. This is people’s lives and livelihoods we’re talking about here. As a St Mirren fan, I just need to think that if it weren’t for one break of the ball Obika’s way, or a couple of Hladky saves a week or so back - it could be us. FFS.

Guest Moomintroll
Yes, but they can be made to feel guilty as f**k watching all the other staff get their jotters if they don't take a cut / release.
Don't want to be too harsh but cannot see too many players with next to no attachment with the club giving a solitary shit about loyal employees as long as they still get paid.

6 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
49 minutes ago, Johnstoun said:

Don't want to be too harsh but cannot see too many players with next to no attachment with the club giving a solitary shit about loyal employees as long as they still get paid.

Especially this current crop of Hearts players, tbf.