Heart of Midlothian 2014-

Forgive my ignorance, who is Rangers no.1? Hearts are shaping up nicely from my point of view, still a striker short but hopefully sow signs.

You think ally will play three at the back? Rangers will be too strong over a season I think but I fancy us to push you a little more than you've been used too.

Cammy Bell is currently the goalkeeper at the moment. Solid enough, nothing spectacular.

I think Ally will actually play 5 at the back with 1 defensive midfielder, three midfielders and 1 centre forward. I don't think fans will be happy with that formation, especially given the abundance of centre forwards at the club.

I agree Hearts are shaping up very well indeed so far this season. The signings of Buaben, Alexander and Gomis is a real statement of intent. Add Danny Wilson to that and it's a strong spine. But yeah, they are lacking in terms of goalscorers.

It's the makings of a team who could realistically challenge for the Championship. I reckon Rangers will limp across the finishing line but I expect it's going to be close.

Edited by thepundit

Cammy Bell is currently the goalkeeper at the moment. Solid enough, nothing spectacular.

I think Ally will actually play 5 at the back with 1 defensive midfielder, three midfielders and 1 centre forward. I don't think fans will be happy with that formation, especially given the abundance of centre forwards at the club.

I agree Hearts are shaping up very well indeed so far this season. The signings of Buaben, Alexander and Gomis is a real statement of intent. Add Danny Wilson to that and it's a strong spine. But yeah, they are lacking in terms of goalscorers.

It's the makings of a team who could realistically challenge for the Championship. I reckon Rangers will limp across the finishing line but I expect it's going to be close.

Doh forgot about Bell. Five at the back would be shocking for a team that should dominate every game in this league. I have to be honest id be fuming if Hearts were to play that way. I think Boyd will score the goals that win you the league ultimately but I'm hoping it go's to the wire.

They played five at the back against that fifth tier American side, so its possibly something they'll do

Either McCoist wants sacked, or he has no idea about tactics and seen a few teams using it at the WC so thinks its the right thing to do

Been reading the Scot Gardiner topic on the Hearts forum and there seems to be a lot of misinformation about him on your site. I'll explain why he wasn't a well liked figure at Dundee and a few of his limited positive points.

Firstly, his career is greatly embellished. His role at Tottenham wasn't as great as he makes out to be similarly with Rangers. Then there's the fact that he's presided over quite a few businesses that have went under. When this was brought up on Dundee Mad, he started threatening fans with legal action. Gardiner persistently threatened Dundee fans with legal action over his whole period at Dens.

Moving onto his time at Dens:

He publically backed Barry Smith, who was struggling at the time, before going behind his back to give him the bullet. He then appointed John Brown after telling the media and fans he was going to interview candidates and he had received a waft of strong applicants already. It was later proven that John Brown never even applied for the Dundee job, Gardiner phoned him up without looking at the other candidates and offered him the job.

Following Brown's first home game, Gardiner refused to allow the Main Stand (The stand in which he sits in) to be pay at the gate, which it has been pretty much forever except for massive games, out of fear for 'his safety'.

Gardiner then went on to take control of the Dundee Official Forum and Twitter. He was refusing to allow any critical comments of the club through on the forum and banned any folk who were critical of the club, or even people who asked deep questions on Twitter.

There was then the incident with Rab Douglas in which Bomber told Rab to, 'Pack his bags and GTF', Gardiner told the media that he had resolved the incident over a coffee with Rab just a few days later. When Gardiner left Dundee, Rab opened a bottle of champagne and mentioned the said incident implying that it never happened.

Whilst at Dens, he's announced investments into the club more than once pretending as if it was differing investments.

Whilst the American's were trying to take over the club, he went against the fans group and actively sourced them to take-over. Although if rumour is to be believed, their offer sat on his desk for several weeks without a reply before Bill Colvin noticed it.

Also, there's a video on YT in which he's at a Rich Hall concert and states that he's in the 'Rangers Gang'.

The reason he was relieved of his duties was apparently because we had three different shirt sponsor offers, supposedly lucrative ones at that which he failed to finalise leaving us without strips or sponsors for the start of the season and Bill Colvin, our Chairman has had to step in and pump money into the club to allow his son's company to sponsor us at late notice. Our strips still aren't near being on sale yet.

The whole Rangers opportunity was apparently a lot of spin, not sure they were ever interested in him but that could just be speculation.

Dundee are currently involved in a legal suit (Or were last time I heard of it) for Gardiner sacking a woman who had been at the club since as far back as I can remember for reasons that haven't been mentioned.

Since Gardiner was running Dundee, our hospitality figures plummeted and did I mention he hired John Brown?

Then there's the fact that he was the brains behind the mooted: 12-12 league set-up.

He certainly won't have the same rope he had at Dundee, but my worry would be that he's very good at extending his duties to gain more control.

ETA: Removed a part of my post that was just unnecessary and has no relevance in his working capacity.

His gran wouldn't let him in the family house either :(

jagfox(Pt), on 18 Jul 2014 - 20:11, said:

His gran wouldn't let him in the family house either :(

That's the part I deleted!

Forgot all about the situation with Jim Spence being banned at Dens because of Gardiner too and the whole BBC dispute.

We were playing well before the goal, which was very well worked. Since then City have just passed the ball about the midfield and defence and we've seen a lot less of the ball.

We've played some really nice stuff and nearly took the lead when Carrick was clean through. Gomis was a stand-out - very good in tight situations and barely misplaced a pass. He looks to have a good understanding with Buaben. Everyone has looked comfortable on the ball, including the defence and Alexander.

Encouraging performance so far, even if it is a pre-season friendly.

Can anyone explain to me why Jamie Mcd player of year etc exited tynecastle & was replaced by an older guy and a 25 yr old 3rd choice keeper at his previous club??

Then turns up signing for Falkirk? Canny gett head round that one either surely he is a SPL player or English championship at least.