Heart of Midlothian 2014-

1 hour ago, Boostin' Kev said:

Lolling here at senorsoupe's attention to detail with the current Hearts squad.

Lol, I pay close attention to the squads of all the Premiership teams, Hearts just happen to have the most to talk about in terms of players and signings lately.

Edited by senorsoupe

18 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

During that time Aberdeen have had one manager, McInnes. We’ve had Locke, Neilson, Cathro and Levein...

4 managers but just 1 Director of Football  - who was meant to be overseeing recruitment and ensuring continuity. Did  Ann Budge not say  "if this doesn't work out, we could be losing a manager and a DoF" ?

4 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Lol, I pay close attention to the squads of all the Premiership teams, Hearts just happen to have the most to talk about in terms of players and signings lately.

We like to provide entertainment - to overseas stats collectors, if not necessarily on the pitch.

4 managers but just 1 Director of Football  - who was meant to be overseeing recruitment and ensuring continuity. Did  Ann Budge not say  "if this doesn't work out, we could be losing a manager and a DoF" ?

That’s quite difficult when Jack Ross starts (allegedly) shagging the physio, Neilson fucks off and Cathro lasts about 25 minutes.

10 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Energy is literally his only attribute.

Usually has no idea where he’s supposed to be or what he’s supposed to do and even when he does, he normally doesn’t have the technical ability to do it.

We'll have him running from touchline to touchline just in front of our back six. Problem solved.

2 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

That’s quite difficult when Jack Ross starts (allegedly) shagging the physio, Neilson fucks off and Cathro lasts about 25 minutes.

1.  Without  commenting on your specific allegation, would part of his job not entail managing people and possible HR, ahem, breaches ?

2. Personally I wasn't too upset that he couldn't persuade Robbie to stay. Thought he had been negative and over-cautious since about January of the Championship season.

3. Well, who chose and appointed Cathro ? Who decided to stick with him for the beginning of last season ?

1.  Without  commenting on your specific allegation, would part of his job not entail managing people and possible HR, ahem, breaches ?
2. Personally I wasn't too upset that he couldn't persuade Robbie to stay. Thought he had been negative and over-cautious since about January of the Championship season.
3. Well, who chose and appointed Cathro ? Who decided to stick with him for the beginning of last season ?

Ooft.
1. Levein should have shagged Jack Ross instead of Jack Ross shagging the physio?
2. But you want continuity so we should keep our staff who, lets face it, were actually doing no bad.
3. I don’t think there’s any argument he Cathro appointment was a mistake, but he was let go at about the right time really. Any earlier it’s knee-jerk, any later we’d probably have went down.
Levein is far from blameless but he’s not the devil incarnate.

1 minute ago, NJ2 said:

Ooft.
1. Levein should have shagged Jack Ross instead of Jack Ross shagging the physio?
2. But you want continuity so we should keep our staff who, lets face it, were actually doing no bad.
3. I don’t think there’s any argument he Cathro appointment was a mistake, but he was let go at about the right time really. Any earlier it’s knee-jerk, any later we’d probably have went down.

Of course he's not the devil incarnate. Loved him as a player. Liked his first managerial stint with us. Took brave decisions on Budgement Day that almost all turned out to be spot-on. Steadied the ship when Cathro went and stopped us being soft as shite. But recruitment quality and scale ( and failure to hold on to some of the better players for longer ) had been very poor. He's over 4 years into his 5 year plan and talking about needing 9 players. Thin ice.

1 minute ago, NJ2 said:

Ooft.

4 years in to his 5 year plan, how much (outwith his control) has not gone to plan though? Just think there needs to be a bit of balance when it comes to Levein that doesn’t always seem to happen

1 minute ago, NJ2 said:

4 years in to his 5 year plan, how much (outwith his control) has not gone to plan though? Just think there needs to be a bit of balance when it comes to Levein that doesn’t always seem to happen

What are you describing as being outwith his control ? Within obvious budget limitations, he's had complete control on the football side

What are you describing as being outwith his control ? Within obvious budget limitations, he's had complete control on the football side

Jack Ross “issue”, Neilson leaving, Cathro not being up to it. Could then look at players, ie big Osman being the offer of a ridiculous bid near the end of the window.

50 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

During that time Aberdeen have had one manager, McInnes. We’ve had Locke, Neilson, Cathro and Levein...

But that wasn't supposed to matter since Ann took over because of the 'model' where we had a conveyor belt of young managers promoted from within who all played a certain Hearts way thus ensuring continuity. Except that turned out to be total soundbite bollocks when we brought in Cathro who tried to change the style completely then failed and Levein came back which returned the team again to the more turgid and familiar hoofball which we know and love today. 

Just now, NJ2 said:

Jack Ross “issue”, Neilson leaving, Cathro not being up to it. Could then look at players, ie big Osman being the offer of a ridiculous bid near the end of the window.

As I said before , part of his job is managing people - some of whom might be  a bit difficult. FFS Leanne Dempster has to manage Neil Lennon ! Neil Lennon had to manage Anthony Stokes and Jason Cummings. It's part of the job.  Good players do move on if too-good-to-be-true offer comes in. It's his job to plan ahead for that day. I'm not saying it's easy, but I can't accept that the loss of Sow is a good enough excuse for last season

But that wasn't supposed to matter since Ann took over because of the 'model' where we had a conveyor belt of young managers promoted from within who all played a certain Hearts way thus ensuring continuity. Except that turned out to be total soundbite bollocks when we brought in Cathro who tried to change the style completely then failed and Levein came back which returned the team again to the more turgid and familiar hoofball which we know and love today. 

Again though, that doesn’t work when the ideal next man is sacked and the current head coach leaves a few months later. Kind of derails the whole idea.
As I said before , part of his job is managing people - some of whom might be  a bit difficult. FFS Leanne Dempster has to manage Neil Lennon ! Neil Lennon had to manage Anthony Stokes and Jason Cummings. It's part of the job.  Good players do move on if too-good-to-be-true offer comes in. It's his job to plan ahead for that day. I'm not saying it's easy, but I can't accept that the loss of Sow is a good enough excuse for last season

What’s he meant to do about folk banging?! Our player recruitment, on the whole, hasn’t been good enough. Sow was more just an example it’s not always easy and goes to plan, than a suggestion as to why last season was poorer than we’d like.

What’s he meant to do about folk banging?! Our player recruitment, on the whole, hasn’t been good enough. Sow was more just an example it’s not always easy and goes to plan, than a suggestion as to why last season was poorer than we’d like.

As a celebrity Ayr United fan once said...

The best-laid schemes o' Mice an' Men

Gang aft agley,

An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,

For promis'd joy!

The best-laid schemes o' Mice an' Men
Gang aft agley,
An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,
For promis'd joy!

Doesn’t mean we kill the man and eat the mouse or whatever though.
I’m not even particularly a fan of Levein either