Heart of Midlothian 2014-

To be fair, we’ve been wearing “Save the Children” on the shirts for years now.

It’s about time the “explode the children” lobby had their day

Or the children that have been saved over the past few years have now reached an age where they should be grateful and give something back to those who helped them by signing up for pointless wars.

52 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

To be fair, we’ve been wearing “Save the Children” on the shirts for years now.

It’s about time the “explode the children” lobby had their day

In the interests of fairness, I do hope Hearts are having a "Join the Terrorists/Freedom Fighters* Day"........

*Delete as applicable

6 minutes ago, Boostin' Kev said:

Is it a quartely thing that happens?  How difficult would it be to phase it out, surely Budge knows these things just split the support in two?

Perhaps she sees an upcoming gap in the market in Scotland for this kind of thing.........

Is it a quartely thing that happens?  How difficult would it be to phase it out, surely Budge knows these things just split the support in two?

I’m presuming it’s annual, first time I can remember being made aware of it but will no doubt have been armed forces days before. Certainly recall seeing armed forces on the pitch before and stuff. Stand and clap some people who’ve made a career choice, not my bag. Can’t say it really bothers me though, it wouldn’t be my choosing and I’d rather we didn’t bother but such as life.

2 hours ago, Marten said:

I see I picked a great day for my first visit to Tynecastle...

Learn the lyrics to Rule Brittainia and you'll fit in no bother. 

9 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

I’m presuming it’s annual, first time I can remember being made aware of it but will no doubt have been armed forces days before. Certainly recall seeing armed forces on the pitch before and stuff. Stand and clap some people who’ve made a career choice, not my bag. Can’t say it really bothers me though, it wouldn’t be my choosing and I’d rather we didn’t bother but such as life.

Thought it was more regular for some reason but you'll know better than me.  Whether you like it/don't like it or are apathetic is subjective and nobody should be told how they fell abut it is wrong but she'll know this isn't good from a business perspective giving another reason for the phm's and jammie wearers to have a bicker with each other. on the internet. 

Unless you are a pacifist - which is a perfectly rational and noble position to hold - then there should be nothing controversial or divisive about showing support for your own state’s armed forces - whether you define that as Scotland, The UK, or even The EU.   Mostly they are young working class men who left school with limited opportunities who then sign up and end up doing jobs that alternate between boring and lethal. It’s not the armed forces that are controversial, it’s what we and our politicians ask them to do that needs to be questioned.

25 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Unless you are a pacifist - which is a perfectly rational and noble position to hold - then there should be nothing controversial or divisive about showing support for your own state’s armed forces - whether you define that as Scotland, The UK, or even The EU.   Mostly they are young working class men who left school with limited opportunities who then sign up and end up doing jobs that alternate between boring and lethal. It’s not the armed forces that are controversial,nd our politicians ask them to do that needs to be questioned. it’s what we a

I take it you feel the same towards the Police?

Thought it was more regular for some reason but you'll know better than me.  Whether you like it/don't like it or are apathetic is subjective and nobody should be told how they fell abut it is wrong but she'll know this isn't good from a business perspective giving another reason for the phm's and jammie wearers to have a bicker with each other. on the internet. 

It probably has no real bearing on business. The jammie wearers will still go and support the team because they get to clap and stuff and the PHM’s will go because they’re PHM ken and Rule Britannia and that eh, meanwhile they’ll argue with each other on kickback regardless. If forced, they’ll take the line nobody is being forced to support the armed forces but they think it’s a good way to recognise those who do join our forces and help keep us safe in such tumultuous, no doubt mentioning our (in fairness, very honourable) previous relationship, if you will, with the armed forces. Anyway, I really don’t see it as something to twist my knickers despite my fairly lengthy post!

2 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Not really. Why ? Is there a Polis day proposed ?

Not that I'm aware of. I wasn't getting at you in particular as I agree with much of your post but the point I was trying to make was that the Army (particularly in Scotland) has, like the Police, been Politicised. Case in point being the shite that's churned up over the poppy every Remembrance Day.

1 hour ago, Boostin' Kev said:

I think "quarterly" is best read figuratively as opposed to literally.

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

14 minutes ago, sjc said:

Not that I'm aware of. I wasn't getting at you in particular as I agree with much of your post but the point I was trying to make was that the Army (particularly in Scotland) has, like the Police, been Politicised. Case in point being the shite that's churned up over the poppy every Remembrance Day.

I think poppy day is fine too. It isn’t/shouldn’t be bombastic. You can honour sacrifice even if you don’t agree with some of the causes that for which the lives were sacrificed. 

And btw, poppy wearing should be limited to the few days leading up to the 11th - none of this BBC sports presenters wearing them mid Oct nonsense or minutes’ silences 17th Nov. And nobody should be made to feel like they’ve left the house with no trousers on just because they don’t choose to wear one.

1 minute ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

You mean the Hibernian that gave away free tickets to Squaddies for their game against Queen of The South in 2014?

Did they get a game?

3 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

I think poppy day is fine too. It isn’t/shouldn’t be bombastic. You can honour sacrifice even if you don’t agree with some of the causes that for which the lives were sacrificed. 

And btw, poppy wearing should be limited to the few days leading up to the 11th - none of this BBC sports presenters wearing them mid Oct nonsense or minutes’ silences 17th Nov. And nobody should be made to feel like they’ve left the house with no trousers on just because they don’t choose to wear one.

Again I agree with much of this but sadly its been Politicised by the lowest common denominator of society.