Heart of Midlothian 2014-

The stories by the print reporters are usually spot-on. The waffle about the likes of Terry and Warnock is just digital stories to attract clicks. I'd be inclined to think the Stendel / MacPhee stuff is likely to happen on that basis.

Just now it seems like the most likely case. Got f**k all to do with the sun reporting it. Stuff that goes to print does so because of the timing, imo.

SkyBet & Bet Victor seem to have Stendel home and hosed at 1/8 and 1/6 respectively.

PP & Betfair ain't as cut and dried at around 1/2 regarding the German.

These 2 also have Neil McCann as an odds-shortening very quickly 4/1.

SkyBet and Bet Victor have him at 20's and 40's.

I'm on at 40's and predict McCann to go favourite in the morning.

Lump on folks.

What do you guys remember of Ricardo Fuller?

A cult hero. Feels like he banged in goals for us but according to Wiki only managed 8 in 27. Was clearly injured half his playing time but scored an amazing solo goal against Motherwell (I think) when he looked out on his feet. Currently plays for Nantwich and still very much has a place in my heart. This has cheered me up this morning. If you could ask about another cult hero next week that would be smashing!

53 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

A cult hero. Feels like he banged in goals for us but according to Wiki only managed 8 in 27. Was clearly injured half his playing time but scored an amazing solo goal against Motherwell (I think) when he looked out on his feet. Currently plays for Nantwich and still very much has a place in my heart. This has cheered me up this morning. If you could ask about another cult hero next week that would be smashing!

It is funny how fondly remembered he is.

Obviously a good player. Won a penalty to beat Hibs and scored a beauty against Motherwell. But Lee Miller had a more impressive record for us, scored in a win at Celtic and home and away against Hibs and he's not really thought of as fondly.

Football's funny.

It is funny how fondly remembered he is.
Obviously a good player. Won a penalty to beat Hibs and scored a beauty against Motherwell. But Lee Miller had a more impressive record for us, scored in a win at Celtic and home and away against Hibs and he's not really thought of as fondly.
Football's funny.

Absolutely right, and it is weird. I look back fondly on Lee Miller, done well for us, but I would kick someone’s granny for Ricardo Fuller. I guess with Miller we seen first hand how his career panned out (no disgrace at all) whereas Fuller went down south and we all wondered what if...

Pleased with that.

Not really a Hearts issue for me, but the cretinous old boys employed by the BBC need to be called out for what they are. This will hasten both of their exits, which is a great thing for the coverage of Scottish football.

Not saying they'll be gone by next week, but the BBC will be very sensitive to high profile criticism. They were viewed favourably by most people in the Rangers dispute, since Rangers wanted to control who could and couldn't be sent by the BBC. This is different. This is BBC employees being widely viewed as playground bullies and - even more criminally - being wrong in what they said.

Sportsound needs a clear out and this will help that along.

I don't think either of them come out of it very well. There is no evidence that Martin or Wighton in particular were MacPhee signings. MacPhee's response was a bit bizarre though. 

"Meshino never set foot in Man City's academy". He's a young player owned by Man City so the point (whatever point Preston was trying to make) still stands. Also will we just pretend Ashley Smith-Brown never happened?

Also using Marc Leonard as an example of how the academy is working is embarrassing. He left at 16 for a nominal fee because he wasn't happy with the clubs style of play. That's actually a bad thing considering he's a Scotland youth player that we could have potentially developed for much more profit. Paterson was the last meaningful successful sale from the academy. I don't think we got much for Walker. 

Not a fan of Preston, but there’s not a lot wrong with what he has said here.

1. Man City academy - I presume his point is that we are borrowing and developing their youngsters? We are. Okay , Meshino is not from their academy, but he is their young player. Maybe he meant Utd - Pereira and Demi?

2. Wighton - A a player that has hardly kicked a ball all year and last played as a sub last season. Meets my idea of “coming in from nowhere”. Thought that smacked of a “look how clever I am” selection. In place of Uche ffs. In a semi final. Against Rangers. Where the ball HAD to stick up front.

3. Academy products -he quotes Paterson, Walker and Leonard. Paterson was in the team pre Levein/McPhee. And we didn’t really manage to “sell” him did we? He ran down his contract and walked and we got a development fee and a generous tip from Colin. Walker was also in the team pre Levein/McPhee. Did we get anything for him? Leonard walked before he was old enough to play and we got a wee development fee. 

4. Malaury Martin. Sigh. Okay, I’ll believe you. But when Levein selected him for a 2nd and 3rd time, you could at least have threatened to set fire to yourself in protest.

Sorry, Austin, but I would give that particular fight to Preston on points. And if you that’s your best defence for your time at Levein’s side, then thanks, but no thanks.

Edited by Pet Jeden