Heart of Midlothian 2014-

1 hour ago, Aim Here said:

Right, but you can't unsign those signings. They're already here and contracted up and you're stuck with them unless you can find some mug willing to pay them even higher wages to take them off your hands.

Now Hearts could cut the player budget by the same amount for next year and a half, instead. Though the notion of a pre-emptive chopping of the incoming manager's player budget might also give prospective candidates pause for thought as to how the job would affect their future careers. Still, I'm sure Ann Budge and her team could put their thinking caps on, ponder over the candidates roster, and come up with someone who'd be willing to take the job, despite the adverse circumstances.

Any ideas?

AustinThink.png.e6f66a46fd2e1b71070c031a11a4a145.png

We’ve taken our medicine and paid-off most of our long term huddies like Sammon and Martin and Vancek. All duly reflected in these sexy accounts we keep producing. So the new man will be free to spend mystery donors’ wonga like there’s no tomorrow

Edited by Pet Jeden

It says substantial six figure fee.  That could be £6-700k for all we know. i'd imagine there'd be a bit wiggle room though, maybe we are just playing hardball, Barnsley would surely prefer some money rather than being lumped with it all.

As I understand it, and I could well be wrong, we’d pay Barnsley f**k all. It’s between Stendel and Barnsley to sort out his pay off. Being unemployed gives Stendel more leverage for higher fee / to be paid his salary longer. If he takes the gig with us then Barnsley won’t be due him anything from that date to whenever the end of his contract, just the period he was unemployed or the agreed pay off. It’s in his interest, for the pay off figure, he stays unemployed.

The mystery benefactors need to get their hands down the back of the sofa to get Stendel paid up. All very well chucking money at ethical sponsors and the women's team, but when there's a chance at a schnapps guzzling German coach they're hiding under the duvet.

QURs6An.png

1 hour ago, paranoid android said:

The Stendel rumours are gathering pace - compensation agreed, and to be announced tomorrow is what I've been telt. 

Edited to add: not from any great source, mind! 

He’s gone odds-on in the betting tonight. Was 4/5, ten minutes ago, now a best priced 1/2. Reckon this is a goer now.

Hopefully announced tomorrow.

Edited by LincolnHearts

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

So if Stendel is to be your new manager - Any favourites for the DoF job which ultimately sounds like will be more important?

I'm sure Budge said the SD would be there to take care of behind-the scenes business,  so the coach can focus on the first team.

For me, the coach is the most important appointment - I'm not even sure why the SD has to be a director - I'd rather it was someone supporting the coach.

23 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

He’s gone odds-on in the betting tonight. Was 4/5, ten minutes ago, now a best priced 1/2. Reckon this is a goer now.

Hopefully announced tomorrow.

Been watching a few things online re Stendel - he seems confident, and has a clear idea as to how he wants his team to play - that alone would be an improvement, surely.

This is all too sexy to be true - it'll be some boring c**t from the more obvious candidates. 

We’ve taken our medicine and paid-off most of our long term huddies like Sammon and Martin and Vancek.

Pretty much

Looking at the longer contracts on the books there’s Halkett, Souttar, Walker and Ikpeazu players who an incoming coach would probably want to keep and have little trouble moving on if he didn’t. Haring and Naismith who are clearly assets if they can spend enough time free of injuries and Jake Mulraney (expires May 2022)

We’ve seen enough of Mulraney to conclude that he’s neither top class or a total duffer. given that we got him from ICT he’s probably costing about what he’s worth

Which leaves the man, the mystery, the enigma that is Loïc Damour. Still to play a full 90 minutes in maroon he’s at Tynecastle till May 2023.

If we have any more medicine to take it will be him. Personally I think he’ll come good

3 hours ago, JamieThomas said:

Sun is usually pretty reliable on stories about us, isn't it? Have to say that'd be about as good an outcome as we could have hoped for it if it happens. 

Only on ones we want to be true I believe. Otherwise it's a rag.

Sun is usually pretty reliable on stories about us, isn't it? Have to say that'd be about as good an outcome as we could have hoped for it if it happens. 

They just chuck shit about and eventually some sticks. They’ve reported we had talks McCann and McCall, said we haven’t given up on Robinson, that Holloway was keen on it, Cotteril in serious contention, John Terry entered the betting frame, Warnock wanted the job...all on the Hearts page of the Scottish sun sport website. I am now going to wash my eyes in bleach having looked at that.

2 hours ago, NJ2 said:

They just chuck shit about and eventually some sticks. They’ve reported we had talks McCann and McCall, said we haven’t given up on Robinson, that Holloway was keen on it, Cotteril in serious contention, John Terry entered the betting frame, Warnock wanted the job...all on the Hearts page of the Scottish sun sport website. I am now going to wash my eyes in bleach having looked at that.

The stories by the print reporters are usually spot-on. The waffle about the likes of Terry and Warnock is just digital stories to attract clicks. I'd be inclined to think the Stendel / MacPhee stuff is likely to happen on that basis.