Heart of Midlothian 2014-

We appear to be "literally" hiring a manager without having a Director of Football in place.

Which is less than ideal IMO but whether Hearts need to rush the process along Probably comes down to whether you think Austin McPhee has sufficiently competence to be left as caretaker for long enough to do the process properly.

Given that debate on McPhee tends to polarise between “he failed to beat Rangers in Glasgow and looks weird” on one hand and “we stuck five past St Mirren and he’s got rock star cool going on” on the other that’s liable to be a long and unproductive debate.

For the record I think we can afford to take our time, but I have been wrong in the past

In less contentious news however

Hearts Ladies just won the second division beating Partick 3-0 at Tynecastle n front of just over a thousand people.

IMG_0544.thumb.jpg.31ed6734ec07dfad15ba1c9d180852da.jpg

They’re going to find it tougher in the top flight so last week’s game against Hutchison Vale May be the club’s last 14-0 victory for a long tume

3 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Given that debate on McPhee tends to polarise between “he failed to beat Rangers in Glasgow and looks weird” on one hand and “we stuck five past St Mirren and he’s got rock star cool going on” on the other that’s liable to be a long and unproductive debate.

Is that true though? Most people would see Macphee as an underwhelming appointment but better than half the oddballs who have been linked so far. He is kind of in the middle. 

If he gets a good run of points then good luck to the guy. We've no idea how much responsibility he should take for the last few years of shite thats been served up so he gets the benefit of the doubt there. 

3 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Which is less than ideal IMO but whether Hearts need to rush the process along Probably comes down to whether you think Austin McPhee has sufficiently competence to be left as caretaker for long enough to do the process properly.

For the record I think we can afford to take our time, but I have been wrong in the past

I'm not particularly bothered about the timescale of the appointment, I'm bothered that the options discussed so far suggest we are scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Mind you, I think the fact we went through this two years ago, drew up a similarly awful shortlist of Pressley, Hartley, Daly and Billy Davies, then fucked about for a while before deciding none of them were actually good enough, casts some doubt on the assumption that taking a long time = "doing the process properly".

Hopefully the reports suggesting that McCann, McCall and Cotterill are the best out-of-work managers we can come up with are wrong. Unfortunately they have the ring of truth based on recent experience.

Edited by DC92

20 hours ago, DC92 said:

I'm not particularly bothered about the timescale of the appointment, I'm bothered that the options discussed so far suggest we are scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Mind you, I think the fact we went through this two years ago, drew up a similarly awful shortlist of Pressley, Hartley, Daly and Billy Davies, then fucked about for a while before deciding none of them were actually good enough, casts some doubt on the assumption that taking a long time = "doing the process properly".

Hopefully the reports suggesting that McCann, McCall and Cotterill are the best out-of-work managers we can come up with are wrong. Unfortunately they have the ring of truth based on recent experience.

Horrific list that. As above, maybe Warnock as SD/ DoF whatever. Would like Stendel to be given at least an interview.

I quite like the look of this Stendel chap, but do we know if he's submitted at least a note of interest? If he hasn't, that may be an indication that he's not interested, in which case he's maybe unlikely to be contacted.

Most of the likely candidates mentioned aren't very exciting - I'd probably settle for McCall if Warnock would be the sporting director, what with them having worked together before.

5 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

I quite like the look of this Stendel chap, but do we know if he's submitted at least a note of interest? If he hasn't, that may be an indication that he's not interested, in which case he's maybe unlikely to be contacted.

Most of the likely candidates mentioned aren't very exciting - I'd probably settle for McCall if Warnock would be the sporting director, what with them having worked together before.

Stendel isnt employed, and was it not reported your interviews with unemployed managers ended last week? Guess you wouldve heard if he'd been one

24 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Stendel isnt employed, and was it not reported your interviews with unemployed managers ended last week? Guess you wouldve heard if he'd been one

Don't know of it ended, as such, but they did initially focus on coaches without gigs before shifting focus to c***s with jobs, aye.

I think we're all convinced that whoever is appointed will be uninspiring. 

39 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

There was some nonsense about going after managers with other clubs or whose contract situations make it more tricky to negotiate with.  Stendel has an ongoing battle with Barnsley over his contract so the optimist in me is hoping there's still a chance.

Absolutely brilliant that Jack Ross rejected Hearts and chose Hibs. Natural Order. 

Absolutely brilliant Hibs new manager is a Hearts reject. Natural order.
(This game could go on forever and is no fun for anyone)

6 hours ago, AberdeenHibee said:

Absolutely brilliant that Jack Ross rejected Hearts and chose Hibs. Natural Order. 

Another decade passes with Hearts winning loads more derbies than Hibs. Maybe the 2020s will be more kind to you lot.

6 hours ago, Darren said:

Another decade passes with Hearts winning loads more derbies than Hibs. Maybe the 2020s will be more kind to you lot.

When you remove Romanov the picture changes substantially.  So bitter we got our Number 1 and Hearts need to settle for whatever dregs there are left.

When you remove Romanov the picture changes substantially.  So bitter we got our Number 1 and Hearts need to settle for whatever dregs there are left.

Aye, if we only count Hibs wins and ignore any draws and Hearts wins then Hibs won them all. Fair play mate.

36 minutes ago, AberdeenHibee said:

You do type some Number 2.

Under our current stewardship, there is no danger Jack Ross was ever returning to any form of employment at Tynecastle.