The Accies 2014/2015 Thread

Hopefully this MacDonald boy can be our Andy Robertson. Massive step up for him but I'm sure he'll settle in quickly with the other young lads in our team.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keatings is in the papers saying he hasn't been released and was under the impression talks would resume.

What a way to find out you're punted! :lol:

Well, if his agent was telling the Daily Record a week ago that he had left the club and Hearts were interested, I think I know who he should be blaming for the confusion.

Not surprised to see him go, we have better centre-forwards and he never looked happy when we moved him out to the wing.

I'm pretty sure we had him on trial in January but nothing came of it. But we had Bomber at the helm and he couldn't pick a player to save himself.

Cheers.

If true, it's hardly a surprise. I would welcome him back though. Always 100 percent effort and commitment, which will be much needed in our efforts to stay up.

As long as he realises he can't win games on his own I'll be quite happy to have him back in the team.

Will probably do alright at Accies if Neil is willing to make him the main man in the attack.

If he's not, then expect strops and huffs.

We know exactly what we're getting with Imrie. Scotland or Curier up front, with Longridge on one wing and now Imrie the on the other.

Keatings never really looked comfortable or good enough in that role, Imrie can play anywhere in midfield or up front and do a job. Such flexibility makes him a very good use of a limited budget.

Welcome home Dougie.

You do know he has played for us before, don't you?

Yeah and he was the main man for you before under Reid. My point was that unless Neil was going to give him the same priority you will have a problem. He likes to be a big fish in a small pond.

Guaranteed to score a belter v ICT next season. I think this was the last goal he scored against us. Another long ranger...

Maybe Dougie signing was another reason for Keatings leaving as Dougie will probably be 1st choice for the left midfield position, pushing Keatings further down the pecking order. Hopefully he can chip in with a goal or two. and give us a different option at corners and free-kicks other than Ali Crawford.

Is there anybody else in Scottish football that's been relegated as often as him in the last 5 years ?

With ICT in 2009, with Hamilton in 2011 and with Morton in 2014. That's pretty good going.

The only one of his last four teams he never relegated was us :)

With ICT in 2009, with Hamilton in 2011 and with Morton in 2014. That's pretty good going.

The only one of his last four teams he never relegated was us :)

He's now got a chance to make up for that next season :P

Happy to see Imrie back as an Accie. As previously mentioned, he'll give 100% and is very versatile. I think we'll make one more signing but I'm not sure in what position it will be made as we've covered the main 2 issues - winger & left back.

Happy to see Imrie back as an Accie. As previously mentioned, he'll give 100% and is very versatile. I think we'll make one more signing but I'm not sure in what position it will be made as we've covered the main 2 issues - winger & left back.

How about a goalkeeper? Harsh after the end of season heroics from Cuthbert, but over the season I think it's a position we need to strengthen.

Archived