Money in the bank 2014

gingapar

Solid match for the title. No stand out show stealing moments. Although I was freaking out when those ladders were tilted with Sheamus and Cesaro on them, but of course they had to get Cena to be the hero and put the ladders back up right.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To summarise...

Cena winning - predictable.

Rollins winning - predictable.

Goldust & Cody winning - predictable.

Paige winning - predictable.

Uso winning - Thought the Wyatts might have won but not surprised they didn't. The Wyatts might just get their theme tune right eventually, which will most likely be to go back to their original tune which there was nothing wrong with.

Rusev vs Langston - Not a fan of either. Cheap angle that's been done a million times.

Layla vs Summer Rae - Don't care, but I have always maintained Fandango was the next Marc Mero. I should have included "FACT" when I made that prediction. Damn! :)

All in all it was fairly entertaining. 7/10

Was a solid main event btw, but there's no excuse for a pace that slow when you have a bunch of guys capable of doing much more than that. I'd imagine they were told not to overshadow the ladder match from earlier.

The pop ambrose got when he ran back out was probably the biggest of the night, everything about him would say great heel, but he is working tremendously as a face and considering what storylines WWE takes with the belts i wouldn't be suprised to see him win the RR if he keeps this momentum up.

Just watched MITB. Thought it was decent although the outcome of the main event was a load of shite. What does Cena winning the title accomplish? He's now a 15 time champion. That's ridiculous. Who will he feud with now? No one has beaten him clean since Bryan last year, and they never mention it. Rollins has the case but he'll surely hold on to it for a while. It's obviously going to be Brock then, a guy Cena beat the last time they met. If Brock wins the belt at Summerslam that would be alright I suppose. Didn't having the same guys at the top always winning the title not work out well for some other company? I can't quite recall who it was...

This must surely bode badly for Bryan though; he'll surely go back in to a feud with the Authority when he returns. Hopefully he'll stay in the title picture and actually get a good run with it at some point. He was still massively over on the pre show.

Some general points;

- The MITB match was ace. Kingston's jump off the rope was incredible. The crowd went nuts for it, and so did I. The guy's immense at pulling off mad shit like that. Rollins bump on to the ladder was brutal, made all the worse/better when he bounced off it and hit it again. Great spot. Rollins winning it is decent, as Rollins is quality and he'll surely fight Ambrose for the case at some point.

- CM Punk appears to be getting deleted from WWE history. In the video they played before the MITB match he wasn't mentioned once and never appeared, despite being a 2 time winner.

- Ziggler is still really over. They need to build him up again. The crowd loves him.

- They announced Rollins as 170 pounds. That's just over 12 stone I think. I know he's slim but he's surely heavier than that? They announced Swagger as 270, which is just over 7 stone heavier. Really?

- Talking of Swagger, the people in the crowd who shout along with 'We The People' truly are exceptionally stupid and vile people.

- Ambrose is massively over, but the guy needs to get some good ring gear! As mentioned, the pop when he came back out was huge.

- JBL and King continue to become worse all the time. They are dismal, out of touch and boring. Cole is still decent. However they need to clear them all out. The panel of Booker, Christian and Alex Riley were good and I think they'd be far better and add some freshness to the commentary.

- Bray's entrance was exceptional. I truly think that he could become the new 'Undertaker' type guy in the company given time and if they're careful with him.

Was a solid main event btw, but there's no excuse for a pace that slow when you have a bunch of guys capable of doing much more than that. I'd imagine they were told not to overshadow the ladder match from earlier.

Lol. The pace was always going to be slow. Your most mobile guy was Cesaro.

Orton must be fucked. Two different cuts that busted him open.

Swagger is legit seven foot. He's definitely the correct weight. Rollins is legit just over six foot and has quite a bit of muscle. I'd say he was around two hundred pounds. It's what they announced before, I think.

Swagger is legit seven foot. He's definitely the correct weight. Rollins is legit just over six foot and has quite a bit of muscle. I'd say he was around two hundred pounds. It's what they announced before, I think.

Aye I wasn't doubting the weight of Swagger, just that there was a disparity of 7 stone between them.

Is he f**k. He's 6' 7". Rollins weighs about 215 I think.

Sounded like a decent enough PPV. Assuming that Brock is winning the title at Summerslam, Cena winning it again makes perfect sense. If they'd given it to one of the up and coming guys (Reigns, Wyatt, Cesaro) and then had Brock beat them, their momentum would be absolutely destroyed. ADR and Sheamus aren't big enough names to headline Summerslam at present, and Kane will just be used as a 'gatekeeper' for getting guys over from now on, so that would only leave Orton or Cena. Seeing how I doubt either Orton or Brock will be a face any time soon, Cena is the perfect option to hold it until Brock comes back. Bit shite for Bryan as I'd assume Brock will keep it until 'Mania, but they'll hopefully keep Bryan built with decent feuds and (storyline) screwing him over by keeping him from getting title shots.

Fantasy booking, hopefully Brock does take it, and keeps it 'til Mania. Reigns wins the Rumble, those two headline, Reigns wins his first title after a hellaciouslly brutal fight with Lesnar, and then Rollins cashes in on his ex-partner. That would be fucking brilliant. A cash in during the final moments of 'Mania. SCENES!!!

Sounded like a decent enough PPV. Assuming that Brock is winning the title at Summerslam, Cena winning it again makes perfect sense. If they'd given it to one of the up and coming guys (Reigns, Wyatt, Cesaro) and then had Brock beat them, their momentum would be absolutely destroyed. ADR and Sheamus aren't big enough names to headline Summerslam at present, and Kane will just be used as a 'gatekeeper' for getting guys over from now on, so that would only leave Orton or Cena. Seeing how I doubt either Orton or Brock will be a face any time soon, Cena is the perfect option to hold it until Brock comes back. Bit shite for Bryan as I'd assume Brock will keep it until 'Mania, but they'll hopefully keep Bryan built with decent feuds and (storyline) screwing him over by keeping him from getting title shots.

Fantasy booking, hopefully Brock does take it, and keeps it 'til Mania. Reigns wins the Rumble, those two headline, Reigns wins his first title after a hellaciouslly brutal fight with Lesnar, and then Rollins cashes in on his ex-partner. That would be fucking brilliant. A cash in during the final moments of 'Mania. SCENES!!!

Agree with most things however i hope they don't continue to screw Bryan over last year, it worked last year for the climax at mania but it would just be boring to do it again, I'd prefer have an in-ring feud with someone rather than the authority, he needs someone to distact everyone that Bryan isnt in the title picture, give brock,reigns, rollins and whoever else a few months run then post mania bryan can win it when the momentum and focus is of Lesnar.

Lesnar will be satisfied being champ for a few months and being in a mania main event and Bryan will benefit from some proper matches without always getting fucked over and injured by Kane, next year he could be a legit champion fighting great matches with young guys like Reigns and Wyatt. win win

oh shit. I meant six foot seven. f**k knows why I said seven foot. APologies. :D

No way would Brock have the title until Wrestlemania. He only does a couple of PPV's at a time because he is so committed to his family. We'll never see him on a full time schedule again. Rock vs Brock at Wrestlemania anyway I'd imagine.

I doubt Taker will ever wrestle again.

Cena vs Brock most likely for Summerslam. I reckon Brock will win the championship and hopefully have it till the Royal Rumble, maybe even through till a match with Reigns at Wrestlemania?

As for Daniel Bryan, it will be a long while before he is champion again, possibly never.

I doubt Taker will ever wrestle again.

Cena vs Brock most likely for Summerslam. I reckon Brock will win the championship and hopefully have it till the Royal Rumble, maybe even through till a match with Reigns at Wrestlemania?

As for Daniel Bryan, it will be a long while before he is champion again, possibly never.

I just read that he could be out for up to a year if he has that other surgery.

Archived