Bit harsh said about United tbh

Wasn't a dig a United, just pointing out its a bit daft to rate an individual player based on how his team is doing in the league.

Andy Robertson is a prime example when you took him from the third division

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're the first Celtic fan I've came across who doesn't want us to sign Armstrong. Anytime I've seen him, be it against us or on Sportscene he has impressed. Doesn't get the most goals but he's as technically gifted a player as is kicking about in the SPL and I think he'd thrive in the high tempo, high pressing game we are trying to develop.

With respect to GMS, he's proven himself to have bags of talent. Whether or not he can make the step up and do it for us consistently is yet to be seen but on a free transfer (or nominal fee if he comes this month) he's a risk worth taking imo. I'm almost certain that he'll be an improvement on the likes of Tonev, Wakaso, Berget, Derk and even McGregor.

Well, I'm sure if you asked in the Celtic pub I drink in, there would be plenty would want to sign him.

Not amongst those of us that go every week.

I would have seen every game he has played against us. He has never made an impression on me.

As for the Celtic players you mention, if we seriously don't have better coming through, then we are bang in trouble.

I'm not saying Armstrong or GMS are shit but we need players to go straight into the first team. Poor though we are, which regulars are we to leave out in order to play these guys every week?

Was waiting for that.

That was the game where United scored twice from Ambrose errors, we hit the post twice & had a clearly onside goal (TV proved this) chalked off & battered a poor United side throughout? That game?

By your logic Barca should have bought Tony Watt.

Well that's an interesting assessment of how the game went.

Rubbish. You say we know that they can perform at this level? THIS level? That was my original point. We know that they can perform at Dundee United's level. And where has that level seen them finish in a league full of poor sides?

And that's what we have to aspire to?

Well thats the sad truth of where you are just now, the days of signing players currently good enough are over, youre mow forced to hunt down potential, and both GMS and Armstrong have shown plenty while also showing the can currently perform.

Well thats the sad truth of where you are just now, the days of signing players currently good enough are over, youre mow forced to hunt down potential, and both GMS and Armstrong have shown plenty while also showing the can currently perform.

They are no longer kids with potential.

They are 22 & 24 (I think). At 28 most players are looking for their last big deal.

Again, which regulars do we take out the team to play these guys every week?

Because that's what we need.

But I think fair, unless of course looked at with anti-Celtic specs on. ( and I'm pretty anti this Celtic side)

Whatever. I can tell you that it's not a view that I formed at the game, nor a view shared by the Celtic fans I spoke to leaving the game. Maybe the highlights on Celtic TV gave a different perspective. Or you could just be being contrary and negative because that's your particular schtick.

They are no longer kids with potential.

They are 22 & 24 (I think). At 28 most players are looking for their last big deal.

Again, which regulars do we take out the team to play these guys every week?

Because that's what we need.

You dont have a left winger as good as GMS. While Armstrong is as good a replacement for Commons as youd get.

GMS and Armstrong? Maybe we could add Ciftci or Dillon as well. Then we can struggle to finish 4th or 5th next season as that's the level these guys play at.

Take GMS, Armstrong and Ciftci if you must but stay the f**k away from Dillon you utter swines! :angry:

Guidetti is beginning to remind me a bit of Marco Negri. Explodes onto the scene looking like the next big thing only for his performances to suddenly fall off a cliff edge. Not convinced spending £3 mil on him at this time is the best move to make at this point.

Guidetti is beginning to remind me a bit of Marco Negri. Explodes onto the scene looking like the next big thing only for his performances to suddenly fall off a cliff edge. Not convinced spending £3 mil on him at this time is the best move to make at this point.

Its looking pretty certain that we are not sigining him in this transfer window so it wit will be alot less than 3 million to sign him. since we wont be able to offer wages anywhere near other potential souitors I would offer him a heft chunk of any follow on fee so that he has further incentive to perform.

Archived