Agreed, especially as Maloney has relied in his pace more so than Commons, which is why Im guessing why the article is bollocks.

:lol:

I can only assume whoever wrote this has never seen Oor Efe in action.

Usual paper talk I'd guess. They love an OF transfer rumour in at the Glasgow media!

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In other news the legend that was Jo Inge Berget has gone back to Cardiff after we surprisingly declined to extend his loan.

He came, he saw, he was pish and he fucked off thankfully.

One of THE worst players I have seen in a Celtic shirt along with Amido Balde and Mo Camara :(

In other news the legend that was Jo Inge Berget has gone back to Cardiff after we surprisingly declined to extend his loan.

He came, he saw, he was pish and he fucked off thankfully.

One of THE worst players I have seen in a Celtic shirt along with Amido Balde and Mo Camara :(

I forgot that guy existed. :(

Hopefully some truth to that, I reckon he'd be a great signing.

Why? What makes you think that? It certainly can't be his performances against us, and if a guy with his alleged talent can't produce a decent end product against our woeful defence, then he ain't all that.

We need players that walk straight into the starting 11, so who gets left out to include GMS?

We have enough diddies that see a lot of ball yet do fk all with it. I hope we don't waste a wage on him.

Hopefully some truth to that, I reckon he'd be a great signing.

Its strange, weve been linked with him for a year or two now. The first time we were linked I wasnt too fussed, yet he hasnt improved much since however now I would say he would be looking at getting in the team, shows how much we have gone back.

Hes a tremendous talent but lacks consistency, maybe joining us might give him that kick up the a*rse he needs to kick on a a player.

He's half the player Forrest is, signing him would be a waste of a jersey. I'd rather we gave Henderson a chance out wide rather than waste a jersey on GMS, at 18 Henderson has real potential to be a top player and GMS hasn't exactly progressed much in the last few years as expected.

Forrest is a waste of a jersey.

He lazy, doesn't track back, too many mistakes, too lightweight and offers nothing unless coming on for the last 20 minutes when teams are tired and haven't set up to mark him out the game.

Nothing more than an impact player.

Celtic have zero ambition.

Beyond signing cheap crap that mid-level Championship clubs might sign for a couple of million.

I don't disagree. You are correct. And as Sheffield United seem to be the front runners to sign GMS, we are doing nothing to change this. I know what pond we are pissing in, but surely you have to aspire to be better, even if only slightly?

I don't disagree. You are correct. And as Sheffield United seem to be the front runners to sign GMS, we are doing nothing to change this. I know what pond we are pissing in, but surely you have to aspire to be better, even if only slightly?

I think where you go over the edge is where you stop buying players to improve your team, but instead look on them purely as short term sellable assets. Celtic reached this during the Lennon years.

It's not a case of "we've bought someone cheap that we can build a side around" - it's "If he's half decent we can punt him for a few million and replace him with someone worse".

That's why the decent players Celtic have recruited over the past 5 years are gone - like Wanyama and Forster. Leaving you with the utter crap no one else wants, like Nir Bitton and Izaguirre.

Archived