Linlithgow Rose 2014-15

Merrylees

Back to 30 touches but none forward. Bonnyrigg were content to sit deep and hit on the break safe in the knowledge no one was bursting a gut to get back.

All 3 goals down to defensive ineptitude which has been apparent all season.

We looked a very tired and jaded side tonight.

that about sums it up.back to crab football. hoped i had seen the last of that. we are a very tired jaded injury(long term) hit squad. this massive catch up towards the end of a season kills teams camelon had the same problem and suffered. never mind night off and then penicuik in the cup....

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bo'ness won "something of note"ladt season,still waiting on our guard of honour

I have never in all the years I can remember seen a team get a guard of honour for winning the league

see the Rose win it umpteen times and never seen anyone give us a guard of honour.

The scottish cup yes but a league title no............

Ovenstone to Kelty.

Doubtful if Calum Smith will play for Linlithgow again,he has been desperate for a move all season,I hear Kelty are showing an interest in him also but I would fancy him to finally end up at Bonnyrigg.

If Camelon get their act together off the field one of your centre mids will be at Carmuirs next season.

One of your keepers to go senior

Calum has not been desperate for a move all season, He may well leave as he wants more game time

but desperate to leave......No... And he will play again next wednesday of picked, and if he can get a mask to protect

his face...

seem to think you know an awful lot...hope someone within the club is not feeding info to others they shouldnt !!

Calum has not been desperate for a move all season, He may well leave as he wants more game time

but desperate to leave......No... And he will play again next wednesday of picked, and if he can get a mask to protect

his face...

seem to think you know an awful lot...hope someone within the club is not feeding info to others they shouldnt !!

Or has Joe resurfaced

I have never in all the years I can remember seen a team get a guard of honour for winning the league

see the Rose win it umpteen times and never seen anyone give us a guard of honour.

Not a huge issue but I recall Bo'ness giving Linlithgow one at Newtown in your unbeaten league season a few years back. Before one of the worst goalless draws I've ever seen!

Seriously? This happens all the time in the West region. Talbot gave one to Ardrossan a few weeks ago after they had won their league

I would be astonished if Ovenstone ended up at Kelty but I do think he will be leaving us.

Will be a shame if Calum left but I would not blame him as he has not had much of a run in his proper position.

I am guessing it will be Shirra at Camelon. No great loss.

The number of mistakes both keepers have made this season I would be surprised if they went senior.

If - and it is a big if - we get the 4 guys we are trying to sign then we could afford to lose those listed above.

I would imagine Nelson, O'Byrne and Kelbie will be leaving as well.[/quotes hi are the 4 players?

Glenrothes and Broughty gave us one after we won the Premier last season, and Newtongrange also gave us one at the start of this season when we got our championship flag.

Haven't seen enough of Lithgie and don't even know half of the players tbh but have a big squad and hard to keep everyone happy and at the end of the day guys want to play fitbaw week in week out,I don't know who's out of contract this season or who's unhappy even if they're still under contract but like any other club there'll be ins and outs.

his face...

Miles out,info came from a player at Kelty,a potential committee man at Camelon and a coach at a local senior club.As regards Calum Smith it came indirectly from the player himself.

For those debating the merits of Andy Shirra he is one the best players I have played against at Junior level.

Miles out,info came from a player at Kelty,a potential committee man at Camelon and a coach at a local senior club.As regards Calum Smith it came indirectly from the player himself.

For those debating the merits of Andy Shirra he is one the best players I have played against at Junior level.

Tut tut - a man in your position posting on open forums.

WTF? :lol:

Still the best midfielder at the Rose and one of the best in the East Superleague. If he'd had the right formation around him you lot would've done better.

But if that's the attitude of the support of the club he's done so well for and helped to be successful...

And you have watched him how often this season?

Broxburn gave lithgae a guard of honour one year. I remember it because I was there. It was the first game of the new season.

I can't believe Rose supporters are on here discussing certain players futures. Andy Shirra is still one of the best midfield players in the S L.

I bet you when he comes on here to read what's being said, he will be delighted to know that certain "supporters" are saying things like, he won't be a big loss, I for one would have him on the team sheet first and let the other midfield players battle it out who plays alongside him.

It's just the kind of confidence booster a player wants to read, when we can potentially still win some silverware this season.

Some "supporters" really need to get a grip or give the keyboard a rest.

Team moral is at a low, please stop adding to it.

I can't believe Rose supporters are on here discussing certain players futures. Andy Shirra is still one of the best midfield players in the S L.

I bet you when he comes on here to read what's being said, he will be delighted to know that certain "supporters" are saying things like, he won't be a big loss, I for one would have him on the team sheet first and let the other midfield players battle it out who plays alongside him.

It's just the kind of confidence booster a player wants to read, when we can potentially still win some silverware this season.

Some "supporters" really need to get a grip or give the keyboard a rest.

Team moral is at a low, please stop adding to it.

Junior football is fully of wannabe Managers and pundits. Fuzzy isn't a fan of Shirra - yet I'm the total opposite and think he is a superb player.

Our biggest problem for me is that we have 4 superb centre midfielders and often played 3 at the same time resulting in them often playing to close to each other and basically cancelling each other out.

We have now added King (an excellent acquisition IMO) making 5 top quality centre midfielders

So our problem going forward is how and who we play to provide the best balance. As I feel we can really only play 2 without disrupting the balance.

A nice problem to have - albeit I think Danny may have a decision to make on if he reduces these numbers

Archived