Linlithgow Rose 2014-15

Merrylees

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1.lie

2,lie

3,lie.three fife officials.and you had your chance shite bag, so fvck off back up hills arse.

Never heard lithgae fans complaining when a Linlithgow referee dos there game some weeks ago away at Ballingry

Kelty kicked everything that moved and frequently things that didn't but we know what they do so we should be ready for it. Christie had to go. He made a huge error coming for the ball and compounded it with the cynical challenge.

The referee let every tackle from behind go. When Coyne or Strickland got the ball with back to goal they were booted by the centre halves. But if that's how it is, you deal with it yourself.

It was always going to be tough after the early red card because for all they kick everything, Kelty also play with good energy and I thought they ran harder than we did. In the end they won easily enough.

From our perspective, I think we can forget winning the league. We have dropped far too many points at home, our energy levels are not high enough, we don't compete hard enough and often enough. Were we able to show the graft and determination that was evident at Fraserburgh we'd be winning these games. The fact that we know they have that in them makes it much more frustrating that we are being bullied and outrun in games. We've loads of ability but it wins nothing if you can't win the mucky, ugly or bread and butter games. And I don't think we're tough enough to win the Junior cup either.

I hope one or more of our players can quote this back and throw it in my face in 6 months time. But without the workrate shown in the Scottish Cup we'll be nowhere near it.

Deary, deary me !!!, your mans got the highlights up and i cant see any bad tackles from Kelty, i can see Coyne cheating though which the ref got spot on.

Take the defeat on the chin and get up for your game next week, always the same with Lithgy whoever dare challenge them.

Could have been a good game but wasted from the off by the officials. Enclosure side lino I thot was fair but other two were heavily guided to one team .... but if you bring the officials over the bridge with u then that's what we have to expect.

Team with extra man won but not the better team!. Personally I may have sacrificed coco rather than callum as I think he may have been more of a spark.

Joe, still waiting on your description of the goals ?

Specky yir getting worse than BU fans for moaning about refs :lol:

Specky your going on about officials today, I didn't hear you comment when my team came to Linlithgow and got hee haw from the officials.

A think they are in shock that the ref went against them today

Specky yir getting worse than BU fans for moaning about refs :lol:

I've obviously known u too long big yin

Hard one but we'll just have to take it and move on.

Catch up soon mate unless u keep influencing the match secretary into keeping us apart .... lol

Sheep, 2 booked for simulation today. No 4 also

On that incident the red blew for a foul b4 Con and 4 got involved. They square up and goes down like he's in platoon. Gets deservedly booked. Tam gets booked for adopting aggressive attitude. He's disni do enething.

Coyne is platoon scene 2. Pretty pathetic actually. Lithgie played well wi 10 men and still moved the ball quickly.

Lino put the flag up for cargie for the first but dropped it when he didn't get involved and Con ran through.

Kelty's day today, can all change the next time ????

Just watched both halves on youtube, Not much between the sides IMO despite the Rose having 10 men for 99% of game.

Just having watched both halves aswell I have to agree. Keeper getting sent off early kinda spoiled a rather mouthwatering fixture.

Good 3 points for Kelty and a good fight from Linlithgow down to ten men.

Another more-or-less neutral view, and without having watched any replays yet:

Sending off was probably right, although I prefer to see benefit of the doubt wherever possible and I thought maybe the fact the ball was going slightly wide might have allowed that doubt.

By all accounts I seem not to have seen the Courts incident properly, I was focused on the initial incident and didn't see what happened as other players charged in so can't really speak for that one. That aside, the ref had a decent enough game and I didn't see anything to suggest that Kelty were / are an abnormally dirty side. And there was certainly nothing wrong with the first goal, the ref rightly ignored the flag and of course you play to the whistle.

No doubt the better team won, despite the late jitters, but the circumstances of it means we still don't really know how good Kelty actually are.

Bit disappointed it was Smith that got hooked early on, he caused us a lot of problems in the Cup game the other week and I was looking forward to seeing him again.

Nice to see Craig Wilson again though, he was very good for Raith over a period of a few years and ought to be a cracking player at this level. He's got a bit of pace, will work tirelessly and get up and down that right-hand side. One thing he doesn't really do though, as you've already discovered, is score goals.

Unbelievable it seems to have an opinion about a game I was at this afternoon. Probably half the so called "linlithgow fans" were sitting in the club out of the cold that are voicing their judgement on the officials and didnt even see the incidents.

Seems it was a set up from the officials reading some posts to just let Kelty win....always fun reading when the little rose get beat..

Away and take your face for a shite and give everyone peace

Archived